OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all !
First, excuse me for my english, i'm french ^^

I've got a problem i hope you could help me to solve.
The facts are:
My switch always works on emunand and i never use nand, so, all works on my sd cards.
My switch was in FW 16.0.3.
I updated Mario Kart to v 3.0.0.
I launched Mario Kart. I saw the Nintendo Logo and it gave me an error after 30 seconds (tried multiple times).
I saw i have to update my switch to V17. So i updated my emunand to V17 and atmo to 1.6.2. (with sigpatche etc...)
Mario kart saw me app could not be launched.
I've reinstalled the entire game from my local save; it gave me the same error.
And since that, i was not able to launch the game, it always give me an error....

What i tried:
Delete all the tickets inside tinfoil
Do 4 times a full reinstall, with or without updates (2.0, 2.2 and 2.4)

So..... i tool another sd card and do a fresh install of atmosphere, emunand etc.... and install mario kart and fw 17. All works great. So my local file of my backup are OK.

I kept all the files into this sd card (which works) and replace the emummc folder with the other (on the card with mario kart which not work).
The switch boots ok, but the same error with mario kart shows up.

So, i deleted (again) all the ticket and mario kart FROM tinfoil this time.
I deleted also the Nintendo folder inside the emummc folder.
I reinstalled mario kart and.... error.....

What could i do now ? I don't want to do a fresh install as i don't want to reinstall ALL the games, saves, profils etc....

Thanks for your help :-)

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all !
First, excuse me for my english, i'm french ^^

I've got a problem i hope you could help me to solve.
The facts are:
My switch always works on emunand and i never use nand, so, all works on my sd cards.
My switch was in FW 16.0.3.
I updated Mario Kart to v 3.0.0.
I launched Mario Kart. I saw the Nintendo Logo and it gave me an error after 30 seconds (tried multiple times).
I saw i have to update my switch to V17. So i updated my emunand to V17 and atmo to 1.6.2. (with sigpatche etc...)
Mario kart saw me app could not be launched.
I've reinstalled the entire game from my local save; it gave me the same error.
And since that, i was not able to launch the game, it always give me an error....

What i tried:
Delete all the tickets inside tinfoil
Do 4 times a full reinstall, with or without updates (2.0, 2.2 and 2.4)

So..... i tool another sd card and do a fresh install of atmosphere, emunand etc.... and install mario kart and fw 17. All works great. So my local file of my backup are OK.

I kept all the files into this sd card (which works) and replace the emummc folder with the other (on the card with mario kart which not work).
The switch boots ok, but the same error with mario kart shows up.

So, i deleted (again) all the ticket and mario kart FROM tinfoil this time.
I deleted also the Nintendo folder inside the emummc folder.
I reinstalled mario kart and.... error.....

What could i do now ? I don't want to do a fresh install as i don't want to reinstall ALL the games, saves, profils etc....

Thanks for your help :-)
Don’t use tinfoil. Use DBI

The latest and final Mario kart wave still only requires FW sdk 4.0 so this is a keys or sigpatches issue.

Make sure you are running the latest sigpatches and install with DBi. Tinfoil is trash right now

Molock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your response.
As i said, i've got 2 SD cards with emunand on each: the old i use every days since months, and the new freshly installed to test a new installation. I use the same way to install and the same files / sigpatches on both.

I will try to install by DBI, but i doubt it will change anything :-|

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response.
As i said, i've got 2 SD cards with emunand on each: the old i use every days since months, and the new freshly installed to test a new installation. I use the same way to install and the same files / sigpatches on both.

I will try to install by DBI, but i doubt it will change anything :-|
Ahh I see what you did there. Do not ever just copy over your emu folder to another switch. There are files in that folder that are generated during creation custom to that specific switch. Create a proper emunand from scratch on the other switch and it will work perfectly.

Molock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't want to do a fresh install as i don't want to reinstall ALL the games, saves, profils etc....

But i solved the problem, i found a similar problem on another forum and a solution.

Downgrade from fw 17 to 16.0.3, uninstall mario kart, install mario kart with update 2.4, update firmware and update mario kart to 3.0.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto