So, I'm totally fucked

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What woman are trying to justify that Westside?
tongue.gif

Shit happens, yeah. I broke $800 of plates when I was a kitchen hand but they let me keep the job. People always make mistakes, the employer usually realizes this.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to be a security guard at a bank. My first day in... BAM we got robbed and the robbers ran off with more than $50,000

note: this did not happen.

I say live and learn. Now you know what to not do. It happens to everyone. one small distraction and crap like this happens. Just make sure next time you look before you finish.
smile.gif

exiva

Trophies
Website
tmbl.in
XP
Country
United States
First off,
rofl2.gif

Ok, now... I think you should be held responsible (And it sounds like you are) Before giving her back the credit card or even walking away from the vehicle after giving her back the credit card, the hose should have been removed and the gas cap closed and all that fun stuff. Is it her fault? Yes, but still you shouldn't have left the vehicle to assist another customer without first finishing up with the current customer.

Should you pay for the damage caused? Of course, you were the responsible body there at the time. 1,500 to fix the car though? You never stated what happened to the car. Did gasoline just spray all over the paint, or did the whole pump come crashing down on the car causing a huge explosion killing 9?

User200

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off,Â
rofl2.gif

Ok, now... I think you should be held responsible (And it sounds like you are) Before giving her back the credit card or even walking away from the vehicle after giving her back the credit card, the hose should have been removed and the gas cap closed and all that fun stuff. Is it her fault? Yes, but still you shouldn't have left the vehicle to assist another customer without first finishing up with the current customer.

Should you pay for the damage caused? Of course, you were the responsible body there at the time. 1,500 to fix the car though? You never stated what happened to the car. Did gasoline just spray all over the paint, or did the whole pump come crashing down on the car causing a huge explosion killing 9?

The damage to the car is unclear, when it was checked the actual tank wasn't able to close, and minor dents and scratches to the car. From what my boss said it is able to be buffed out. Some gas was sprayed on the car, but from what i understand it doesn't cause any damage.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
what a funny topic, although i feel sympathy for your specific story User200.

Just try and minimize your expenses.

BTW if shes driving a freaking BMW she should be able to afford it herself. Rich Bitch.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Speaking as a Brit, can I just say it's about time you yanks learned to pump your own gas and take responsibility for your own vehicles. I'm sure you're perfectly capable of it - after all, we manage.

All joking aside, it seems so alien to me to allow other people to do such a simple task as filling up a petrol tank on a car.
As a matter of interest, why is it done this way in the states ? I've never really found out.

kenshiro84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never mind user200, since when people are responsible of the irresponsability of others?

Its clear, she is the faulty just sitting her butt and do nothing exept pushing the gas and take off!!

at least she could take a look if you finished or not!

She is not laizy but stupid!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some states (like Oregon, where I live) have banned self serve at gas stations. In such states you have no choice but to have someone else pump your gasoline for you.

In most states that have not banned self serve, mini and full service are not offered, so you have no choice but to pump your own gasoline.

User200

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well living in New York its kinda rare to find a full service gas station. Its mostly Fill your own or fill your own and full(i guess that would be mini) but i really have no choice in working here since finding a job on Long Island is near to impossible.

Now that i really think about it... i got to find a second job to help pay for the fuck up.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It creates jobs. Thats probably the #1 reason they exist. Most gas stations in japan are the same.

If this happened in Norway (my home country), I think this would be deemed as shared responsibility between you and the woman. Most likely it would be a case between your employers insurance company and the ladys company.

But thats Norway, not the US...

Good luck anyways.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw someone drive away with the pump hose dragging on the ground (sparking on the ground, yikes.) Although it was your fault since you indicated she could leave, you won't have to pay a penny, it's all on the gas station. Unless you signed some shit thrusting responsibility upon yourself

Talk to a lawyer.

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
To my surprise the boss lets me keep my job but, what shocked me even more is that he didn't freak out and yell at me. So then the guy for the next shift shows up and he tells me that he busted the same pump twice.

And he had to pay for the damage too? Seriously, I can't imagine that your employer would not pay for the damage. I mean, where people work, they do damage now and then. That happens all the time. Whether it's someone working at a supermarket ordering 5000 cauliflowers that will all go rotten or someone who busts a piece of machinery in some factory worth 30000 bucks. Such things happens. You sure they're not just trying to scare you so you'll never do it again?
tongue.gif

acky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't believe there isn't insurance for this type of thing. 3100 is a lot of money and you're going to be working a long long time before you get any cash in hand.

Does the driver have comprehensive car insurance? She might if she's driving a bloody BMW, maybe you can pay the excess only?

User200

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To my surprise the boss lets me keep my job but, what shocked me even more is that he didn't freak out and yell at me. So then the guy for the next shift shows up and he tells me that he busted the same pump twice.

And he had to pay for the damage too? Seriously, I can't imagine that your employer would not pay for the damage. I mean, where people work, they do damage now and then. That happens all the time. Whether it's someone working at a supermarket ordering 5000 cauliflowers that will all go rotten or someone who busts a piece of machinery in some factory worth 30000 bucks. Such things happens. You sure they're not just trying to scare you so you'll never do it again?
tongue.gif

well if thats was the case it sure as hell worked.

@ yuyuyup

i had to sign a letter saying that i will pay cause technically i don't work there. Since i get payed in cash and never filled out an application or whatnot i'm kinda in a bind. On top of that my boss also signed and is putting his name and reputation on the line for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: