So anyone buy rocket league today? (ON SWITCH)

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Nov 14, 2017.

?
  1. YES

18.9%
  2. NO

81.1%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So today is the tuesday november 14 and rocket league is available for $19.99 on eshop! I know people here talked about the game a lot and I hardly played it, except once with @Chary cause she showed me how. Anyway How is it? Is it any different or better? Is is worst cause Nintendo switch? Just curious. I thought about buying it if the player base is more open to playing with me. :unsure:

2. skydancer93

skydancer93 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    I didn’t see the need as I already have it on Xbox One X. I don’t really go online much on my Switch and when I do, it’s usually just Splatoon 2 or Mario Kart.

3. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I have it on PC already and the minimal settings look better than the Switch port.

NutymcNuty likes this.
  4. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    I bought it. Runs very well, albeit there are definitely some graphical cutbacks in handheld mode online matches. But the graphical limitations definitely don't deter you from the action and I didn't have any framerate issues. I'm still in shock that rocket league on switch is a thing!

DarthDub likes this.
  5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Dont want it. It is a no.

6. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH Don't mind me

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Does it have a physical release?
    I ask it because it's pretty difficult for me to buy digital games (and also because I like physical games more)

7. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    For $20, no. Not unless somehow they plan to include some extra merchandise for it. but then it will cost $30 or $40 for the purchase of a retail game at that point.:mellow:

8. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    That's planned for later... Would have prefered a simultaneous physical release, but seems like it's better than not getting one at all.

I bought it, since I was interested in it but never bought it so far. And why not support it on a console I'd like to support as well?
    Good thing I didn't see any other version in its full glory, so I'm not biased when it comes to the Switch version's graphics. To me there's nothing wrong with those and the game is playable without noticable framedrops.

9. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Yep. Haven't played it yet though.

10. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH Don't mind me

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Bummer, where I live is difficult af to get an eshop card, and my internet speed is a joke, that's why I rather go physical :( (also no, my parents don't let me buy things online with my credit card)

11. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So you can't order a eshop code then use it to buy eshop games? :unsure:

Yeah i know you said your internet is slow and would still take long to download but least you will have it.

12. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Yup, I've been playing it all day, I really love being able to play it anywhere, this is the kind of game that the Switch was made for in my opinion.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  13. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    How is the performance? Any noticeable difference between the other console versions?

14. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Will be buying on Friday. Already have 400+ hours in the PC version. $20 for the portable version is nothing.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 15, 2017
    Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  15. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Its been awhile since i last played on my buddy's PS4, but as far as i can recall it plays pretty much the same, I've had no framerate issues docked or undocked and everything looks beautiful. I've played and beat many PC and Xbone players already, so i feel its fair to say that it is a solid port. Love the Nintendo exclusive cars too.

16. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Addict

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I discovered I had it on Steam already. It's pretty awesome but I haven't done online yet as I was going through the Steam Link to my living room.

17. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    I just played on PS4.. Big mistake. Won't be playing it again really.

Not that there is anything wrong with the game per se.. but when your first match your put in with people who are already pretty much master players.... There is no fun in it. At all.

18. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You could do like i did and ask @Chary to play with you, she taught me some fun stuff. The only reason not to play on ps4 is that if you do play online, there is no cross platform play. :P

No disrespect to anyone honestly. (Kinds wish there was, would be a big step in gaming) But anyway, you better off asking some one who hasn't played it yet to try it with than doing online warrior risk :ninja:

rileysrjay likes this.
  19. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Really? I was still having a blast when I was getting beat 0-7. I would suggest just practicing for a few matches each day until you get better at it. It's what I did back when I played on Xbox one. At firsted I sucked, but then I got really good at setting up assists for people by staying on the wall and centering the ball. I'm not as good now since I haven't played for a while, but I was still able to set up some assists last night.

20. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Interesting...were you playing casual, a weird mode, or at a really late time of day? Usually the game scales you to other newbies to get you accustomed to playing online. Definitely try playing the practice modes. They seem condescending, but they're suuuuuper helpful at learning the game.

If I get around to playing RL on the Twitch channel, I'll try to teach people if they want.

RitchieRitchie and rileysrjay like this.