Gaming So anyone buy rocket league today? (ON SWITCH)

Did you buy it?

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today is the tuesday november 14 and rocket league is available for $19.99 on eshop! I know people here talked about the game a lot and I hardly played it, except once with @Chary cause she showed me how. Anyway How is it? Is it any different or better? Is is worst cause Nintendo switch? Just curious. I thought about buying it if the player base is more open to playing with me. :unsure:

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t see the need as I already have it on Xbox One X. I don’t really go online much on my Switch and when I do, it’s usually just Splatoon 2 or Mario Kart.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it. Runs very well, albeit there are definitely some graphical cutbacks in handheld mode online matches. But the graphical limitations definitely don't deter you from the action and I didn't have any framerate issues. I'm still in shock that rocket league on switch is a thing!

Reactions: DarthDub

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does it have a physical release?
I ask it because it's pretty difficult for me to buy digital games (and also because I like physical games more)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask it because it's pretty difficult for me to buy digital games (and also because I like physical games more)
For $20, no. Not unless somehow they plan to include some extra merchandise for it. but then it will cost $30 or $40 for the purchase of a retail game at that point.:mellow:

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That's planned for later... Would have prefered a simultaneous physical release, but seems like it's better than not getting one at all.

I bought it, since I was interested in it but never bought it so far. And why not support it on a console I'd like to support as well?
Good thing I didn't see any other version in its full glory, so I'm not biased when it comes to the Switch version's graphics. To me there's nothing wrong with those and the game is playable without noticable framedrops.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For $20, no. Not unless somehow they plan to include some extra merchandise for it. but then it will cost $30 or $40 for the purchase of a retail game at that point.:mellow:

That's planned for later... Would have prefered a simultaneous physical release, but seems like it's better than not getting one at all.

I bought it, since I was interested in it but never bought it so far. And why not support it on a console I'd like to support as well?
Good thing I didn't see any other version in its full glory, so I'm not biased when it comes to the Switch version's graphics. To me there's nothing wrong with those and the game is playable without noticable framedrops.
Bummer, where I live is difficult af to get an eshop card, and my internet speed is a joke, that's why I rather go physical :( (also no, my parents don't let me buy things online with my credit card)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bummer, where I live is difficult af to get an eshop card, and my internet speed is a joke, that's why I rather go physical :( (also no, my parents don't let me buy things online with my credit card)
So you can't order a eshop code then use it to buy eshop games? :unsure:

Yeah i know you said your internet is slow and would still take long to download but least you will have it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the performance? Any noticeable difference between the other console versions?

Its been awhile since i last played on my buddy's PS4, but as far as i can recall it plays pretty much the same, I've had no framerate issues docked or undocked and everything looks beautiful. I've played and beat many PC and Xbone players already, so i feel its fair to say that it is a solid port. Love the Nintendo exclusive cars too.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I discovered I had it on Steam already. It's pretty awesome but I haven't done online yet as I was going through the Steam Link to my living room.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played on PS4.. Big mistake. Won't be playing it again really.

Not that there is anything wrong with the game per se.. but when your first match your put in with people who are already pretty much master players.... There is no fun in it. At all.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not that there is anything wrong with the game per se.. but when your first match your put in with people who are already pretty much master players.... There is no fun in it. At all.
You could do like i did and ask @Chary to play with you, she taught me some fun stuff. The only reason not to play on ps4 is that if you do play online, there is no cross platform play. :P

No disrespect to anyone honestly. (Kinds wish there was, would be a big step in gaming) But anyway, you better off asking some one who hasn't played it yet to try it with than doing online warrior risk :ninja:

Reactions: rileysrjay

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Really? I was still having a blast when I was getting beat 0-7. I would suggest just practicing for a few matches each day until you get better at it. It's what I did back when I played on Xbox one. At firsted I sucked, but then I got really good at setting up assists for people by staying on the wall and centering the ball. I'm not as good now since I haven't played for a while, but I was still able to set up some assists last night.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

Interesting...were you playing casual, a weird mode, or at a really late time of day? Usually the game scales you to other newbies to get you accustomed to playing online. Definitely try playing the practice modes. They seem condescending, but they're suuuuuper helpful at learning the game.

You could do like i did and ask @Chary to play with you, she taught me some fun stuff. The only reason not to play on ps4 is that if you do play online, there is no cross platform play. :P

No disrespect to anyone honestly. (Kinds wish there was, would be a big step in gaming) But anyway, you better off asking some one who hasn't played it yet to try it with than doing online warrior risk :ninja:
If I get around to playing RL on the Twitch channel, I'll try to teach people if they want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things