SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@_47iscool: Try asking him again, if he really refuses, I could probably do it.

Small update: version 1.1.2, with a feature that was really missing: disabling the Satellaview BIOS.
@Tanooki16

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
Now I can play my favorite Satellaview BS-X games on TX with and without BIOS on only one dol file without having to modify the dol for change the BIOS file name or even deleting and putting the BIOS file every time!!! :)

Reactions: Tanooki16

amarnia

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Incredible performance of the emulator. Just one minor thing, in this version 1.1.2. When saving the game, the date indicates it wrong, at least in my case it always shows Nov 15. In the previous 1.1.0 it showed me fine. Still, very grateful for keep updating said emulator for wii.

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To quote @niuus from the RX thread:
Bugs:
* Mushroom: activating Satellaview on or off makes the cursor disappear. You have to press right or down to be able to use it again.

@Tanooki16 I think this would be resolved by changing

satellaviewBtn.ResetState(); in menu.cpp to satellaviewBtn.SetState(STATE_SELECTED);

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
To quote @niuus from the RX thread:

@Tanooki16 I think this would be resolved by changing

satellaviewBtn.ResetState(); in menu.cpp to satellaviewBtn.SetState(STATE_SELECTED);
@InfiniteBlue

Could you please test this build of Snes9x TX i've compiled today with the possible fix you told here?
Thanks ;)

Attachments

• Snes9xTX-Satellaview-button-fix.zip
    2 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: Tanooki16

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On wii u, the gamepad and wiiremote controls player 1, is there a way to select input controller and set one of the controllers as second player? (I'm having to use the virtual console snes games to be able to play multiplayer)

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On wii u, the gamepad and wiiremote controls player 1, is there a way to select input controller and set one of the controllers as second player? (I'm having to use the virtual console snes games to be able to play multiplayer)
I think you can accomplish this by launching a game, opening the menu, then selecting the battery icon of the controller you want to change port of with the wiimote cursor.

This is definitely a needlessly obscure feature, seeing as you can't even access it with any other controller besides the wiimote. I only found out about it from reading the source code.

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you can accomplish this by launching a game, opening the menu, then selecting the battery icon of the controller you want to change port of with the wiimote cursor.

This is definitely a needlessly obscure feature, seeing as you can't even access it with any other controller besides the wiimote. I only found out about it from reading the source code.
This method you indicated is for VC injected roms? If yes, I already did that and it worked fine, but the screen has black edges. I would like to use snes9xtx and there I cannot use the gamepad or wiiremote as a second player, there is no option to select the controller input as in genplusgx.
Post automatically merged:

Ah I found the battery icon, but the emulator recognizes gamepad and wiimote as player 1, not allowing to play multiplayer.

Attachments

• 20221105_181800.jpg
    20221105_181800.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by zigoraty,

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tanooki16

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it within possibility to add the widescreen support from higan/BSNES?

Also another good thing is since this has the Scale2x filter working at full speed you can use this and Project Nested to play NES games with filters if you prefer that.

Last edited by _47iscool,

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Tanooki16

Thank you SO MUCH for the Snes9x TX (and FCEUX TX) update.

These are my favorite emus for SNES and NES on the Wii.

You were so kind for re-implement frameskipping to Snes9x GX, i knew it was avaliable on very earlier versions but by any reason it was removed.
Frameskipping is so important for those heavy-core chip games (Super FX such Yoshi's Island, SA-1 such Kirby's Dream Land 3, DSP-4 such Top Gear 3000, etc.) for be able to play at a consistent 60 FPS on a low-powered hardware like the Wii.

All updates for this version were decent except of the removal of Catalan language. (Why remove Catalan? :/ )

Anyways, awesome work, keep this great project alive!

Reactions: AdamCatalyst

Kirä69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with SaulFabre, there is no reason to remove Catalan. There are people who speak Catalan and want to have the software in their language.

Reactions: SaulFabre

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated