1. xadrianx

xadrianx Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    any possibility of use third party wireless snes controller via wiimote?, i tried but not work :/

2. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Venezuela
    Hadn't had that reported before, though now i am curious. What's the brand/model?

xadrianx likes this.
  3. xadrianx

xadrianx Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    i have this!

4. niuus

Venezuela
    Hmm, 3rd party controllers are always a pain for them to be recognized in Wii homebrew. Anyway, i'll post an old experimental build i have on my other computer tomorrow, for you to test, hopefully it could give me some insight. I'll shoot you a PM to let you know.

5. xadrianx

xadrianx Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Thank you very much, I have tried it on many devices (android tv box and smartphones) and it works perfectly, but not on Wii

6. tqhoang

tqhoang Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have an 8BitDo Bluetooth Adapter and also a DIY SNES Controller mod. Aside from power requirements, I'm assuming it should work ok on the I2C bus since the NES/SNES Classics work fine with Wii Pro Controllers.

7. niuus

Venezuela
    'Sup, gbatempers. Well, i think the crash introduced with the 360 code when loading entirely from USB devices has been fixed, at least on my end. Shout out to @revvv which has been helping me pin this annoyance.

Using a Wii, i fired up the emulator using my FAT32 USB drive connected on port 0 (this is the one closest to the edge of the console) or 1, with and without the Xbox 360 Controller connected to the opposite port, it worked every single time. The 360 controller was auto-detected properly whenever a game was loaded. If you're on a Wii U (vWii or injection), it would be good to know if you test the controller in all the 4 ports and report back that it is indeed working.

You can still check the Retrode2 or 360 pad status in the Credits section, in case you might need to plug/replug it when inside the emulator.

I also tested the emulator loading it from the SD card, the 360 controller worked without issues on both ports. The only funny thing that i encountered, is that you need to replug the 360 pad and manually detect it (open the Credits section) BUT ONLY if you don't have the opposite port already populated with another USB drive. If both back ports are occupied, it will autodetect whenever you load a game.

The proper 4.6.0 release will be up in just two days, to mark the 1st anniversary (and 3 years since i started this fork!) of the public release. :toot:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Erick8x, Flame, FrenezyFr and 8 others like this.
  8. niuus

Venezuela
    New release is up! (4.6.0)

* Minor cosmetic tweaks.
    * Retrode 2 code cleanup.
    * Xbox 360 Controller code cleanup.
    * LED fix for different X360 Controller revision.
    * Fix GCN build.

Now available in various skins/colors, choose the one you like the most:
    * Cosmo Black (Default)
    * SNS Mini Edition (USA)
    * Midnight Purple
    * Aqua Blue
    * SNS Mini Edition (EUR)

Merry christmas / Happy Hanukkah / Happy Festivus, people!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    bundangdon, olmeca, Hakaisha and 9 others like this.
  9. sidglide

sidglide Member
    Newcomer

India
    Merry Christmas mate!!

hug0-a7x, Dodain47 and niuus like this.
  10. JustinJustin

JustinJustin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Any plans to develop a gamepad enabled forwarder for the WiiU?

11. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can make that yourself easily.

12. JustinJustin

JustinJustin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm running on a mac that is not capable of running Windows in a VM for the software. I'd prefer something from our trusted community also.

13. JustinJustin

JustinJustin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I would make it myself if I had the skills and a windows pc, or even if my mac would support a virtual machine but it's too old. If someone could put one together that would be amazing. Telling me I could make one is not a useful answer to my question.

14. FancyNintendoGamer567

United States
    It doesn't take much skill, since you can use the Wii U VC Injector, and you can probably dualboot Windows (at least 7) using BootCamp.

15. JustinJustin

JustinJustin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I wish folks would read before making a reply. I clearly stated in my response that my mac is too old and slow to run Windows in a virtual machine. So this brings us into a big circle back to where we started where I put it out there to see if someone would be able to create one. I don't need no's, just don't reply. If someone has the skill and time, I'm sure they will reply to my post. Thank you for your time.

Hakaisha and RunningSnakes like this.
  16. RandomUser_101

Newcomer

Australia
    Will support for the Satellaview be added one day?

17. FancyNintendoGamer567

United States
    @JustinJustin Dualbooting an OS is definitely different from running it in a VM, I'd say at least try.

18. JustinJustin

JustinJustin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    You realize how much more work it requires to install any windows os in bootcamp or a vm over potentially creating the channel I was asking about? I see your point, but still not being helpful. MacBook is too slow and the internal drive is not large enough to support my current setup as well as a second OS. Just stop replying already.....clearly you don't get the point.

19. FancyNintendoGamer567

United States
    Fine, I'll stop replying to you. Just leave.

ChibiMofo likes this.
  20. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    Yes it is. It's absolutely a useful answer. It may not be the answer you want, but don't say it's not useful. Many may not realize that they could do it themselves. He's not a psychic. He doesn't know that your old Macbook (which certainly is new enough to run Windows 7, though you may not have the disk space to do it) is not up to the task. He offered a perfectly reasonable reply to your question.

Oh, we get the point. You didn't like the answer and you want others to do what you yourself could do if you were sufficiently motivated. It's not our fault you bought a Mac. People who are trying to be helpful do not need the likes of you giving them a hard time. So you stop and appreciate that no one here owes you anything.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Snes9x,