Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe he's talking about the Satellaview software itself. That city-like environment where you walk around and enter buildings, each one being a menu-like option.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Will support for the Satellaview be added one day?

Maybe he's talking about the Satellaview software itself. That city-like environment where you walk around and enter buildings, each one being a menu-like option.
Oh, in that case, using the BS-X bios works perfectly fine as a standalone ROM. An english translation is available too.

Reactions: Maeson

SandyFarron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for pointing me to this revision, niuus. It works perfectly (No ROM info at boot, Wii Remote / Classic Controllers work, cycles are indistinguishable from the real thing) and I'll be switching myself and my family to Snes9x RX. :)

Last edited by SandyFarron,
Reactions: niuus and Hakaisha

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it is. It's absolutely a useful answer. It may not be the answer you want, but don't say it's not useful. Many may not realize that they could do it themselves. He's not a psychic. He doesn't know that your old Macbook (which certainly is new enough to run Windows 7, though you may not have the disk space to do it) is not up to the task. He offered a perfectly reasonable reply to your question.

Oh, we get the point. You didn't like the answer and you want others to do what you yourself could do if you were sufficiently motivated. It's not our fault you bought a Mac. People who are trying to be helpful do not need the likes of you giving them a hard time. So you stop and appreciate that no one here owes you anything.

you are just as useless as the other one. Easy enough to sit there claiming this and that. I laid everything out, it doesn’t matter that I bought a Mac. Slow clap for pointing that out. I asked a question just the same as any other member of this site has done. If a member makes a recommendation and I have identified it is not possible for me to do it and continues on and on about it, don’t blame me for identifying not to waste more comments on the same solution I am not able to use.i don’t know you, you don’t know me. But that gives you no right to make assumptions about who I am. Nor are you entitled enough to give me direction to leave. If you don’t like my response that’s your choice, but if you want to try and drag me through the mud, you can go pound salt.

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you are just as useless as the other one. Easy enough to sit there claiming this and that. I laid everything out, it doesn’t matter that I bought a Mac. Slow clap for pointing that out. I asked a question just the same as any other member of this site has done. If a member makes a recommendation and I have identified it is not possible for me to do it and continues on and on about it, don’t blame me for identifying not to waste more comments on the same solution I am not able to use.i don’t know you, you don’t know me. But that gives you no right to make assumptions about who I am. Nor are you entitled enough to give me direction to leave. If you don’t like my response that’s your choice, but if you want to try and drag me through the mud, you can go pound salt.
Stop embarrasing yourself, nobody is useless here they're taking their time to answer you and you don't like their answer and for your main question: "Any plans to develop a gamepad enabled forwarder for the WiiU?" It's not clear but I think that niuus hasn't answered you but you should take it for a little NO.

Fer2317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wana say thanks, i recently played trials of mana on this little homebrew and it was a beautiful experience from start to end, a stable frame rate in all the game even with all the magic, it doesn´t affect the gamepley at all nice work @niuus, been thinking in finishing mario rpg i already transfer my save data from sd2snes and it works flawlesly, been playing in a old CRT and it just looks great thanks again awesome work.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
New release is up! (4.7.0)

* Kirby Super Star GCN performance fix.
30+ FPS boost for this game, should make it enjoyable again on the Cube.

* Add Show Local Time option. [bladeoner/Tantric]
* Optimize USB controllers handling. [revvv]
Only open device if VID+PID match.

* ios version up [revvv]
* GCN build fixes (thanks emukidid!)
* Revamped README.

* Create missing folders.
In case one or more of the "\snes9xgx" folders are absent, they will be
created on the second run of the emulator, after a settingsRX.xml has been
generated by pressing Exit on first run.

* Experimental DualShock 3 (wired) support.
Based on libsickaxis 1.0 by Xerpi. As of now, it controls the 2-4 players
at the same time. Could and should be upgraded in the future to polish up
this implementation, any help on this task will be welcome.

For those interested, i have personally tried all USB port combinations i could think of when using the DualShock 3 and the Xbox 360 Controller, even hot-plugin and changing ports, re-detecting, etc., it should pose no issue. This was tested on the Wii, and Wii U consoles (vWii).

Last edited by niuus,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a change for the Gamecube build of Snes9x RX. So it runs faster on the Gamecube.
https://github.com/niuus/Snes9xRX/releases
Thank you. lol, I was totally misunderstanding it.
After reading that part, I searched for 'Kirby Super Star GCN' on google and found about an unreleased Kirby game for the Cube... So I thought 'what the heck?:wtf: A GCN remake of that snes game really existed and someone has just found a lost copy? And most of all, why is it mentioned in the change log of a snes emulator?':rofl2:
Now I feel really stupid:yay:

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you. lol, I was totally misunderstanding it.
After reading that part, I searched for 'Kirby Super Star GCN' on google and found about an unreleased Kirby game for the Cube... So I thought 'what the heck?:wtf: A GCN remake of that snes game really existed and someone has just found a lost copy? And most of all, why is it mentioned in the change log of a snes emulator?':rofl2:
Now I feel really stupid:yay:
Hahahahaha... that was fun to read.

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stop embarrasing yourself, nobody is useless here they're taking their time to answer you and you don't like their answer and for your main question: "Any plans to develop a gamepad enabled forwarder for the WiiU?" It's not clear but I think that niuus hasn't answered you but you should take it for a little NO.
Reference to actually receiving an answer to the question, thank you. I will hold out hope that niiuus or anyone else really decides to create one. Otherwise I will just continue using the GX version.
As for your other comment, I don't see why you felt the need to make it, you were not involved in the original issue. There is nothing embarrassing on my end of things.

Last edited by JustinJustin,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Reference to actually receiving an answer to the question, thank you. I will hold out hope that niiuus or anyone else really decides to create one. Otherwise I will just continue using the GX version.
As for your other comment, I don't see why you felt the need to make it, you were not involved in the original issue. There is nothing embarrassing on my end of things.

I'm wondering if you may consider creating a forwarder for wiiU that will launch direct to snes9x rx or FCEUltraRX in vwii.
'Sup @JustinJustin! You can already enjoy a Wii U installer right now if you use this one, it uses the previous version. REMEMBER, you need to patch signatures on your Wii U (like when using Mocha) to install any titles, or else it won't work or will give you a ticket error. It is also compatible with the vWii "overclocking patch" for 100% speed SuperFX games. :yayu:

I owe @danny19901 2 images to make a new cool looking channel for 4.7.0, since the icon+banner that it uses right now are temporary. Haven't managed to do that since my Illustrator install corrupted because of a hard drive crash and i have to redo the images, so i need to slowly download a new one (my internet is AWFULLY slow). Anyway, you should use that one meanwhile, i tested it and works perfectly. You would only need an SD or USB for the ROMs and the config file, the emulator will be installed on the console. Just remember to select the proper device that you will be using in the emulator's Settings menu.

On a side note, I have installed the snes9xrx wad file and it launches to black screen. Are you able to verify if this is intended for wii or vwii?
I think Tanooki16 made it for Wii only. It points to SD:/apps/Snes9xRX

For vWii, you would need to convert it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
'Sup @JustinJustin! You can already enjoy a Wii U installer right now if you use this one, it uses the previous version. REMEMBER, you need to patch signatures on your Wii U (like when using Mocha) to install any titles, or else it won't work or will give you a ticket error. It is also compatible with the vWii "overclocking patch" for 100% speed SuperFX games. :yayu:

I owe @danny19901 2 images to make a new cool looking channel for 4.7.0, since the icon+banner that it uses right now are temporary. Haven't managed to do that since my Illustrator install corrupted because of a hard drive crash and i have to redo the images, so i need to slowly download a new one (my internet is AWFULLY slow). Anyway, you should use that one meanwhile, i tested it and works perfectly. You would only need an SD or USB for the ROMs and the config file, the emulator will be installed on the console. Just remember to select the proper device that you will be using in the emulator's Settings menu.

I think Tanooki16 made it for Wii only. It points to SD:/apps/Snes9xRX

For vWii, you would need to convert it.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/

Thanks niuus, I'm running cold boot so good on that front. I usually install emulators to nand for this reason. I've been to the link in the past, but I will try downloading again and hopefully it will work for me this time around.

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Small question. If a future version is released again is it possible to add a favourites "filter" and enable or disable the filter via the main screen of emulator along the bottom. Would be handy when you have all SNES games.

Reactions: Shem1

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Small question. If a future version is released again is it possible to add a favourites "filter" and enable or disable the filter via the main screen of emulator along the bottom. Would be handy when you have all SNES games.
It is a nice idea, though currently i am wanting to resume FCEURX, and prepare and release something PSX related...

If someone wants to collaborate with your idea, i'll be happy to check and push a pull request for it.

Last edited by niuus,

John Player

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all let me start by saying this is my emulator of choice because not only it runs flawlessly but I also get to use my SNES Mini joysticks with my Wiimotes on a Sony Wega CRT, which makes it a very gorgeous experience both visually and technically. Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how does this emulator compares to a real SNES in terms of input lag, since I actually don´t own the real console but I sometimes run Retroarch with runahead feature enabled in my PC and really can´t tell the difference between SNES9X RX versus the PC version - that´s a statement of how good this emulator is! Thanks a lot for creating such a great product and keep up the good work!

Last edited by John Player,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...