Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, not sure if already reported? I'm running on a Wii.
In version 4.4.7 when running on USB HDD, scrolling through the ROMs with covers list crashes after 5-10 seconds. If running on SD card its fine.
VBAGX 2.4.0 is fine without crashing on both USB HDD and SD card, also shows covers for ROMs in the list.

Has this issue been fixed on later commits do you know?

Last edited by darkovo,

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, not sure if already reported? I'm running on a Wii.
In version 4.4.7 when running on USB HDD, scrolling through the ROMs with covers list crashes after 5-10 seconds. If running on SD card its fine.
VBAGX 2.4.0 is fine without crashing on both USB HDD and SD card, also shows covers for ROMs in the list.

Has this issue been fixed on later commits do you know?

Hi I didn't know the problem was there, but you can better open an issue on github:
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi all!

It has been a while I hope everyone is fine and healthy, I uploaded a new version, contains a small fix to:
prevent cheat name overflow

Enjoy.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bladeoner snes9xgx works as a wiiflow plugin but bsx games don't. i reverted bsx and filebrowser changes so that bsx games will work but now all other games crash.

any idea how we can skip the bsx bios for bsx games without crashing other games?

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@fledge68 sorry but I've never tested bsx games, don't know exactly how it works. Does it work when you start snes9xgx just directly?

Hi all, I hope everyone is still okay, I just uploaded a new version which includes support for Mega Man X SA1 patch, enjoy!

D

Deleted User

@fledge68 sorry but I've never tested bsx games, don't know exactly how it works. Does it work when you start snes9xgx just directly?

Hi all, I hope everyone is still okay, I just uploaded a new version which includes support for Mega Man X SA1 patch, enjoy!
That´s cool!
What did you have to change for the Mega Man X SA1-patch? Is this patch different from the one from Vitor Vilela?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Im making progress. I have shockman zero and fzero gp 2. Shockman zero works without the bsx bios but fzero gp2 still does not. All other games work fine. I have a few more code changes to try.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Wasn't it working before? I wasn't aware that there were issues with SA1 and GX.

That´s cool!
What did you have to change for the Mega Man X SA1-patch? Is this patch different from the one from Vitor Vilela?
He updated the emulator to support it, not the patch.

Last edited by niuus,

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That´s cool!

Now Snes9x GX supports SA1 with Mega Man X. The game doesn't use the SA1 processor its a patch based on Vitor Vilela's patch, this makes the slowdowns in the game disappear. Same has been done as for Super Mario World.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by fledge68,
Reactions: Hakaisha

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@fledge68 Thanks, works perfectly, in fact it's better because even if having the bios is good, it takes time to load the games ^^

however, with the latest No-Intro roms update, the bs-x rom extension has been changed to .bs,
You must add it to filebrowser.cpp for GX to support it.

Line 383 = strcasecmp(p, ".swc") == 0 ||
Line 384 = strcasecmp(p, ".bs") == 0)

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also want to let you guys know that I've send in CI/CD changes, which will compile the code automatically when new code is merged using Cirrus CI automated builds.

This enables us to download 'nightly' builds, when it works.
I didn't have time to check if the emulator works, previous attempt I had a black screen.

If someone want to test it out and let me know, you can download the at the time of writing latest files, just click on the 'Download' button on the right side next to Build.
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4792814045233152

For those interested, when you go to the source code you will see a green checkmark next to the latest commit, which you can click. After that you need to click on Details and click on View more details on Cirrus CI to get to the Cirrus page I put above.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded a new version, in this version the BS-X BIOS is optional.

@fledge68 could you test if it works?

Thanks in advance.
ok so loading bs-x games works with and without the bs-x bios perfectly!
For both as a wiiflow plugin and as the actual app.

BUT ....
I had a big issue with loading your build of snes9xgx as the actual app via the homebrew channel and wiixplorer.
if the settings.xml is present in the app folder snes9xgx crashes shortly after the game select screen is shown. if I delete it snes9xgx starts fine and plays games but on exit the screen sometimes turn black and freezes. reboot the wii and try snes9xgx again and it crashes. the only thing i notice is the settings.xml file is 1 or 2 k smaller as if it isn't completely saving to my SD card. even my old settings.xml doesn't seem to work.

strangely launching snes9xgx as a wiiflow plugin works perfectly. the settings.xml is saved in the wiiflow/plugins folder just fine.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 Thanks for testing and your feedback, did you also had the change to try the CI/CD build?
so I downloaded and tried the one in the OP - Update devkitPro in Cirrus CI (dborth#931)
that's the one where bsx works for me but crashes if settings.xml file is present in apps/snes9xgx and it doesn't matter if the settings.xml file worked previously.

i just tried the official 4.4.7 and it works without issue.

EDIT: did you add the latest libfreetype.a and .la back?

Last edited by fledge68,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-