Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Bladeoner, I'm trying to inject with TeconMoon Injector but the program fail when I select the boot.dol file. Do you have any suggestion?

I don't have any experience with Teconmoon but I took a quick look that is for injecting Gamcube and Wii ISO files to use in a VC.

If you are referring to the Snes9X GX emulator with the boot.dol please read the setup installation on https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Snes9x_GX

Reactions: LumInvader

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I have just created a New Channel with the TeconMoon's (latest version), the same way I did for the 3 GX emulators (GBA, NES and SNES), whereas the previous version worked very well, including Wii U Gamepad support.

Now, with this 4.4.0 one, I have found the following problems:

1.When I select the boot.dol within the TeconMoon's, the program throws an exception, but I am able to complete the channel creation. This exception doesn't occur with the previous .dol of the other GX Emulators:

eC4CMPL.png

2.After installing the created channel, the emulator seems to work well, except the Wii U Gamepad doesn't work. I have re-tested the previou SNEX GX version, by creating from scratch the channel, and with the previous version, the Wii U Gamepad worked.

I don't know whether this is a problem of the new .dol or anything else.

Could you please help us by making the Wii U Gamepad work?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And what about vbagx and fceugx? are as well updated with WiiU Gamepad Support?

Last edited by Willsito_GG,
Reactions: cvskid

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In the "issues" section, in this topic:
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues/743
There is a comment that caught my attention:
"I'm using an official snes controller and I experience that its going up in the menu and while playing.

I will see if I can figure out what is causing this. "

Yesterday when I was playing version 4.3.9 with the official control of "snes classic mini", I entered the emulator menu by surprise, even though the control does not have a "home" button, maybe it is a problem related to the comment?

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the "issues" section, in this topic:
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues/743
There is a comment that caught my attention:
"I'm using an official snes controller and I experience that its going up in the menu and while playing.

I will see if I can figure out what is causing this. "

Yesterday when I was playing version 4.3.9 with the official control of "snes classic mini", I entered the emulator menu by surprise, even though the control does not have a "home" button, maybe it is a problem related to the comment?

The controller that I use is an official SNES Controller that they released before the snes classic mini came out but basically it's the same controller.
I think the Dpad and Analog code are interfering whith each other, but since I only have this controller and wii+mote and gamecube controller I cannot troubleshoot or something like that.

What happens in the Rom menu it's going all the way up, and while playing a game it seems to press leftdown.

Hello,

I have just created a New Channel with the TeconMoon's (latest version), the same way I did for the 3 GX emulators (GBA, NES and SNES), whereas the previous version worked very well, including Wii U Gamepad support.

Now, with this 4.4.0 one, I have found the following problems:

1.When I select the boot.dol within the TeconMoon's, the program throws an exception, but I am able to complete the channel creation. This exception doesn't occur with the previous .dol of the other GX Emulators:

eC4CMPL.png

2.After installing the created channel, the emulator seems to work well, except the Wii U Gamepad doesn't work. I have re-tested the previou SNEX GX version, by creating from scratch the channel, and with the previous version, the Wii U Gamepad worked.

I don't know whether this is a problem of the new .dol or anything else.

Could you please help us by making the Wii U Gamepad work?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

And what about vbagx and fceugx? are as well updated with WiiU Gamepad Support?

Veo al error pero para mi es muy complicado, no hablo mucho Español y el error es en Español.
Nosotros cambiamos mucho código, en versión 4.3.9 nosotros usamos Snes9x 1.53 y en versión 4.4.0 Snes9x 1.58, no sé cuál es el problema

Pero tu probaste versión 4.4.0 official?
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases/download/4.4.0/Snes9xGX-4.4.0.zip

Last edited by Bladeoner,

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The controller that I use is an official SNES Controller that they released before the snes classic mini came out but basically it's the same controller.
I think the Dpad and Analog code are interfering whith each other, but since I only have this controller and wii+mote and gamecube controller I cannot troubleshoot or something like that.

What happens in the Rom menu it's going all the way up, and while playing a game it seems to press leftdown.

Veo al error pero para mi es muy complicado, no hablo mucho Español y el error es en Español.
Nosotros cambiamos mucho código, en versión 4.3.9 nosotros usamos Snes9x 1.53 y en versión 4.4.0 Snes9x 1.58, no sé cuál es el problema

Pero tu probaste versión 4.4.0 official?
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases/download/4.4.0/Snes9xGX-4.4.0.zip
I understand, I think that the control you have of snes came before the classic controls pro and as they told me in another topic, the classic control (first version not pro) does not work correctly, and if the emulator takes your control of snes as control classic first version, it would be the reason that with the control of snes classic mini does not have that problem, it should be taken as classic control pro.
Even so I was surprised what I was saying about the menu, I've used it a lot in the last week and once it happened.

Talking about another topic, in snes classic mini when running top gear 3000 using retroarch, it passes problems almost equal to snes9x gx, maybe the compilation tools are the problem with that game.

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Bladeoner and dborth Thank you for all your work

You do not think that the music of the forwarder (Dragon Roost Island, even if it is beautiful) does not really think about the SNES ? ^^

So I change the music with a Star Fox, you will notice that the sound is sync with the appearance of the logo

What do you think ? ;)

Attachments

• Snes9x-GX-Channel-Sound-Update.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 305
Reactions: Bladeoner

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since some people are having issues with the Wii Super Famicom controller and Wii Classic controller I uploaded a 4.4.0 version with the fix including my latest PRs that are pending.

Reactions: cvskid

cebolleto

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been trying to compile this emulator with the latest devkitpro file with no success...
Does anybody know how to fix this?

make -f Makefile.wii
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/Zalo/Downloads/snes9xgxgit'
linking ... snes9xgx-wii.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib\libvorbisidec.a(info.o): in function `vorbis_comment_query_count':
info.c:(.text+0xa16): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: info.c:(.text+0xa1e): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib\libvorbisidec.a(info.o): in function `vorbis_comment_query':
info.c:(.text+0xbaa): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/8.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: info.c:(.text+0xbb2): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [c:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/wii_rules:25: /home/Zalo/Downloads/snes9xgxgit/executables/snes9xgx-wii.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Makefile.wii:112: build_wii] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/Zalo/Downloads/snes9xgxgit'
make: *** [Makefile:10: wii] Error 2

Apparently that undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__' happens because some of the libs (in portlibs I guess) is compiled with a different version of the compiler... this could be an issue with devkitpro so it would be great if someone had any idea how to fix it :/

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@cebolleto I just uploaded "devkitPRO" on the first page in my second post, that contains all you need.

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/devkitpro-zip.153570/

@Bladeoner and dborth Thank you for all your work

You do not think that the music of the forwarder (Dragon Roost Island, even if it is beautiful) does not really think about the SNES ? ^^

So I change the music with a Star Fox, you will notice that the sound is sync with the appearance of the logo

What do you think ? ;)

Didn't have time yet to test this.

Last edited by Bladeoner,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Its the same as the official installer in fact you need to use it to download the latest tools but you need the additional files to get it to work.
Gamecube builds seem to be broken? Anyone can confirm? It crashes after loading a ROM (4.4.0). Same is happening to my builds.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Last edited by niuus,

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.