Homebrew Snes9x GX 4.4.0 Beta - Feedback requested

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
maybe this have already been answered but i can't make wiiu gamepad the main controller, it always stays P2 and the damn wiimote P1.
I'd like to get rid of the wiimote at launch.

Last edited by Garcimak,

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After skimming this thread, I noticed some confusion regarding Top Gear 3000. It plays perfectly fine with on 4.3.7 and RX builds, which both use Snes9x 1.52. On the latest 4.4.2 build, which uses the 1.58 Snes9x core, it has graphical corruption. However, that graphical corruption traces all the way back to build 4.3.9, which was still using the 1.52 core. So unless 4.3.9 was using parts of other cores, the core itself shouldn't be at fault. Perhaps it's the compiler that's at fault?

Right now I juggle three different Snes9x builds since each build has it's own set of issues.

- 4.3.7 GX and RX builds play Top Gear 3000 without graphical glitches.
- 4.3.9 GX plays FX games the fastest at or near full speed. Should be renamed to 4.3.9 FX!
- 4.4.2 GX is the slowest build, but also the most compatible.

Ideally, we'd all like one build to play everything and at full speed, but that's not gonna happen. The next best option is to cut the list down to two emulators, preferably one for compatibility and the other for speed. The RX builds are great, but lack the FX speed hacks of 4.3.9. The RX build with Blade's speedhacks, or the 4.3.9 with RX compatibility, would be a perfect mix.

I will be just focussing on 4.4.2 GX to make it better, the graphical glitches in Top Gear 3000 I tested a lot of things but couldn't figure out what caused it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe this have already been answered but i can't make wiiu gamepad the main controller, it always stays P2 and the damn wiimote P1.
I'd like to get rid of the wiimote at launch.

You can open a new issue here: https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues

Reactions: Garcimak

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just uploaded a new file Snes9xGX_Refactored_APU.zip on the first page.

This file contains a refactored APU and I want to ask if someone could test so I can send it in as a PR. Maybe you @Tanooki16?

It's again a duration test, so grab the emulator play your favorite game and please let me know how the audio is working.
If all is fine I can open a PR.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bladeoner,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I just uploaded a new file Snes9xGX_Refactored_APU.zip on the first page.

This file contains a refactored APU and I want to ask if someone could test so I can send it in as a PR. Maybe you @Tanooki16?

It's again a duration test, so grab the emulator play your favorite game and please let me know how the audio is working.
If all is fine I can open a PR.

Thanks in advance.
Kinda weird nobody reported before. Well:

Finished Clay Fighters,.
Earthworm Jim 2 up to level 4.
Super Ghouls and Ghosts up to level 3.
Super Mario Kart, finished 50cc Toad Cup.

At least 4 hours of gameplay.
No problems.

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kinda weird nobody reported before. Well:

Finished Clay Fighters,.
Earthworm Jim 2 up to level 4.
Super Ghouls and Ghosts up to level 3.
Super Mario Kart, finished 50cc Toad Cup.

At least 4 hours of gameplay.
No problems.

@niuus thanks for testing and your feedback. Already opened a PR, but send an update it can be merged.

This might also be interesting for Snes9x RX because it reduces the footprint by reducing the amount of files used for the Resampler:
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/commit/a914add8e819a74c8f7d28768f64f6b5c4b64e02

Last edited by Bladeoner,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halfway through my testing.

Good news:

Parodius 4\Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius (J) is running faster

Bad news (games not working):
  • BS Shockman\BS Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero (J)
  • Rendering Ranger R2 (J)
Both games are confirmed working with the 4.3.7 and 4.3.9 builds.

Edit: I should add that while Parodius 4 does run faster in 4.4.2 compared to the previous build, it does tend to dip below 60fps when there are a lot of enemies on the screen.

Last edited by LumInvader,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Edit: I should add that while Parodius 4 does run faster in 4.4.2 compared to the previous build, it does tend to dip below 60fps when there are a lot of enemies on the screen.
I'll point out a little known tip: for those GX releases (i think since 4.4.0) you're gonna need to use the BS-X bios. Not sure if you're gonna need it for all BS games, i'm a bit lazy right now to delete the file and test other titles, but you could test other roms and report back.

Rendering Ranger does not work, indeed. Last working one is 4.3.9. Haven't tested on 4.4.0/4.4.1.

Last edited by niuus,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll point out a little known tip: for those GX releases (i think since 4.4.0) you're gonna need to use the BS-X bios. Not sure if you're gonna need it for all BS games, i'm a bit lazy right now to delete the file and test other titles, but you could test other roms and report back.

Rendering Ranger does not work, indeed. Last working one is 4.3.9. Haven't tested on 4.4.0/4.4.1.
That's odd. I already had the BS-X.bin sitting in the sd:/snes9xgx folder. Perhaps I need to create a bios folder and place it in there?

Last edited by LumInvader,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Without the bios, the game won't even attempt to load. With it, BS Shockman fails to load; instead it takes me to the Satellaview map.
BS-X games do not run automatically in this versions. You have to load them inside the Satellaview city. That's the originally intended behavior, since the games were broadcasted data, not game cartridges.

Last edited by niuus,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BS-X games do not run automatically in this versions. You have to load them inside the Satellaview city. That's the originally intended behavior, since the games were broadcasted data, not game cartridges.
When Nintendo named it BS, they weren't lyin'.

That's like adding loading times to a PS1 emulator in order to emulate the behavior of the PS1's slow disc drive. I get it though, that's the way it's supposed to function, but part of what makes emulation great is that it can give users the power to make the same games look, sound, and play better than before.

Bladeoner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Halfway through my testing.

Good news:

Parodius 4\Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius (J) is running faster

I just uploaded a new file Snes9x.GX.4.4.2_Rendering_Rangers_R2.zip which contains all commits until now plus a fix for Rendering Rangers R2.
Don't know how the BS-X games are working or if they are working at all, never tried.

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius as it is now is the best we can do with core 1.59.2.

When you are having issues with some games please open an issue:
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues

Reactions: rogerioronin

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just uploaded a new file Snes9x.GX.4.4.2_Rendering_Rangers_R2.zip which contains all commits until now plus a fix for Rendering Rangers R2.
Don't know how the BS-X games are working or if they are working at all, never tried.

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius as it is now is the best we can do with core 1.59.2.

When you are having issues with some games please open an issue:
https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/issues
Wow, that was fast. I'll post the results of my last batch of tests here later today or tomorrow. For future reports, I'll create a github account for that.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't able to finish testing tonight. Will finish up tomorrow.

Another game not working:

Magical Land of Wozz (English v1.0)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: