Homebrew [SNEmulDS] Rebirth the project and update it for the last DKP

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, me too...You know, I play the S8DS (Master System, Game Gear e SG-1000), the nesDS, and play the unfortunately limited jEnesis emulators and think: ok, i think the DS deserves at least one decent 16-bit emulator, and can't help but think of Snes and its gems

Being able to play Super Metroid on the DS, oh my god... calm down, calm down!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys, if I may suggest things that need to be addressed:

1) ROM's bigger than 2MB don't work.
Priority: High

2) Improve sound code (music sounds metallic in many games)
Priority: High

3) Show all pixels option like with nesDS (bottom screen is used to display the cut off pixels
Priority: Normal

4) Improve compatibility and fix layering issues on most popular games like JRPGs etc.

5) Improve overall emulation speed (code optimizing, cleanup etc.)

6) Add cheat and cheat search feature
Priority: Low

7) Add a rewind feature like with nesDS
Priority: Low

8) Donate do the contributors
Priority: variable

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know if #2 on that list can even be improved, given the severe hardware limitations the DS has. It would be nice to have something similar to blaarg's SPC700 emulator for the sound, but it ain't gonna happen.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Y
Okay, but I still think the sound emulation sucks (it's too similar to Zsnes), but whatever.
Yeah, i have to agree with you that once you know beautiful emulators like SnesGT Beta 7 with its sound quality and Kega Blargg's video filters, Zsnes video render and filters and sound shows its true poor quality. I have to agree too, that the current audio of SnemulDS reminds me a worst version of ZSnes's

Have you tried this emu yet, ramdomizer? (SnesGT)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SnesGT is my second favorite, but the SPC700 emulation is based off of Anomie's (I think) core, and Snes9x actually has slightly more accurate sound than SnesGT, since that uses Blaarg's SPC700/S-SMP core, making it perfect. In fact, Square Enix games (Lavos' scream in particular) are spot on. Too bad Snes emulators on the DS emulators will never achieve such levels of audio accuracy.

Reactions: 1 person

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SnesGT is my second favorite, but the SPC700 emulation is based off of Anomie's (I think) core, and Snes9x actually has slightly more accurate sound than SnesGT, since that uses Blaarg's SPC700/S-SMP core, making it perfect. In fact, Square Enix games (Lavos' scream in particular) are spot on. Too bad Snes emulators on the DS emulators will never achieve such levels of audio accuracy.
Good to know you like to talk about this sorta stuff, and i'm gonna ask you something. But this one will probably be the last off-topic, i would appreciate if you show me a more appropriate thread here to keep up our conversation, my friend...

So here it is... I use the latest Snes9x version (1.53) and it's definitely the best off all versions out there, but there are a few issues which i find pretty annoying regarding the audio crackling if i use Direct3d in Windowed mode 4x (3x and smaller is fine) or Fullscreen. No matter what filter do i use, it still occurs. I prefer using NTSC Composite, but 2xSai is pretty good too as it blends some dithering very well. But no matter which one i use, i still get the crackling noise. I put the sound sample at 22KHz and Buffer Length at 64ms. My Input Rate is at 31900. I use Win XP SP3 and NVidia onboard and my video drivers are up to date. The issues with the DirectDraw and OpenGL options on Snes9x are that the Vsync is not perfect and full of Input Delay/Lag and no way i'm able to use any of the NTSC filters on these two rendering options as these filters are turn the emulation slow as hell. Do you have any suggestions about my problem? I was left with no choice but to use SnesGT as its vertical sync is done properly and its audio is a lot more accurate than ZSnes'

This link here explains well what i mean by "Vsync not being perfect":

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421792

Thank you and see ya

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The sound issue is hard to fix according to the coders. They are still trying to find out how to reduce the ARM7 code to fit properly the ds memory without using the VRAM.

If anyone knows how to reach Gladius (PocketSPC). His help would be appreciated. ;)

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mbmax, is there a way to "amateurs" like me to help effectively? I would really like to

EDIT:
By the way, if the topic is the snes sound, you surely know about the MoonShell capability and compatibility with SPC files, so, is there any chance to reach the people of Supercarde DSTwo who coded that "player"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)