Hacking SNEEK - what filesystem does the USB need to be?

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, wow, my SMG2 backup is in WBFS format. The DISCEX converter someone posted earlier doesn't work with it... what do I do?

NVM: ModMii did the job. THANKS XFLAK AGAIN!!!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe the discex needs an iso file for it's conversion.
So, convert your wbfs temporary back to an iso, and convert that to fst with the discex program.
After that, you can delete the iso to regain the 4 gig space. (Keep the wbfs)

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii already di what I needed it to.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for all your help though obcd!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yes, modmii can convert directly from wbfs to fst. It can even handle multiple games at once.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am unsure if that di version was tested with DML already.
If the main goal here is playing wii backups, it can indeed be used.

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main goal is playing Gamecube backups. I have Wii backups covered on RealNAND. SNEEK+DI is for DML and the extra NAND space.

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH COME ON!

So, SNEEK+DI boots and I get to the screen where it says "Press A to continue"

Of course, my remote is dysynced, so I think, "No prob, I'll just reboot."

I reboot and I have no connection to the Wii with my remotes. What do I do? How do I resync? How do I make sure my remotes stay synced while SNEEK boots?

Ok, I reconnected the WiiMote to the Wii. I notice that when I boot into SNEEK using the HBC method (I have BootMii installed as an IOS), it appears that the remotes desync automatically. How do I fix this? I think I read something about some sort of cert.sys or something?

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is, I boot SNEEK via HBC. Once I boot BootMii, the wiimotes desync. It's stuck on the screen saying "Press A to continue".

Also, once I reboot the Wii from that stuck situation, I have to resync to my RealNAND, even though I really shouldn't, by all logic.

Help?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
chaosdarkneo said:
Problem is, I boot SNEEK via HBC. Once I boot BootMii, the wiimotes desync. It's stuck on the screen saying "Press A to continue".

Also, once I reboot the Wii from that stuck situation, I have to resync to my RealNAND, even though I really shouldn't, by all logic.

Help?
have u tried manually syncing while at this screen? By manually syncing I mean hitting the red sync button the wii and the wiimote

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have. It didn't work. I will try one more time really quick. Give me 1-2 minutes.

Yes! It worked! Apparently I wasn't pressing the other Red sync button hard enough or something similar. THANKS XFLAK! People like you are the reason why I come to GBAtemp. Your program convinced me to hack my Wii after seeing how easy it was to use! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

EDIT: I'm just waiting for SNEEK to boot
wink.gif
I went through the whole settings thing and now SNEEK is booting. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED.

XFlak, can you get me one of those signature pins linking to ModMii? I want to support you as much as I can.

SNEEK+DI boots perfectly! Thanks so much!

One problem though. Super Mario Sunshine doesn't work? The audio is all jumbled at the beginning, but it rights itself. Then after it passes the opening cutscene (or if you skip with A), it freezes. I assume this is a problem of DML and it's incompatibility with SMS. I have a Gamecube memory card with a Super Mario Sunshine save on it (from my original disk which broke).

I regrettably, had to download the game illegally. I have the disk (albeit broken...), but I did do wrong. If you don't want to help, that's fine. I understand what I did was inexpicably wrong. (I'm not even kidding.)

If you can help, and if you will, thank you.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Glad to hear u got it working! And you're problem sounds like DML is to blame. It's a known issue, especially when it comes to audio issues. There's a DML team working out the bugs, but from what I understand progress is a little slow going at the moment.

And here's the code I use in my signature, feel free to use it, I appreciate the support
biggrin.gif

Code:
[center][url="http://tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow"][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2zzuf4j.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I read on the DML thread that Super Mario Sunshine (U) was working fine :/ I think it's my ISO. Part of it appears to not work. I'll get another one and convert via ModMii. ModMii does convert Gamecube ISOs, right?

M

myspacee

hello,
i'm reading with interest this post.

In these day i try to build an SD with sneek and DI module to try DML.
Finnaly i got sneek works (using to ModMii), obtain gamecube games list (extracted in folders),
select game i want, but whe run my Wii shut down.

Anyone have this problem ?

I think is my SDHC, or maybe flesytem..... can't solve.
Is there anyone that can post some detailed information about a working configuration ?
(USB, SD filesystem, folders structure, etc)

thank you for any info,
m.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's the normal behavour for dml to shutdown the wii when it encounters a problem.
I do however seem to remember that the system should create a logfile with some information about the problem.
I could also be wrong about that.

M

myspacee

I've Zelda ww in my cd. Read that dml log
In gecko card (if u have one)

I try on an european Wii, any neighborgs
Can confirm a working dml installation on
any E 'virtual' firmware?

M.

chaosdarkneo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue what you're saying. Maybe the game you're attempting to run is unsupported.

I'm now just about to try running Super Mario Sunshine (U) with a USA Gamecube game in the Wii (Good old Star Fox
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1