tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wilsoff said:
I think I've seen it show up as DISC (44495343) somewhere in AnyTitle Deleter. I've never tried to delete it though. You'd probably need a modded version of ATD without brick protection to prevent you.

I could be wrong, and thinking of marcan's new DVDX channel which is now DISK (4449534B) since SM4.2 came out.
DISC is the new DVDx too I believe

But its definitely not the disc channel (since thats not a title)

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wilsoff said:
T-Error said:
I wondered if you could remove the disc-channel from the menu. But after deleting every hidden channel I realized that it must be a part of the systemmenu. Does anybody know more about it?
I think I've seen it show up as DISC (44495343) somewhere in AnyTitle Deleter. I've never tried to delete it though. You'd probably need a modded version of ATD without brick protection to prevent you.

I could be wrong, and thinking of marcan's new DVDX channel which is now DISK (4449534B) since SM4.2 came out.

I also thought that. ^^ But nope it isnt. There are three hidden channels: DISC; HAKP; HALP. Without them everything still runs fine and the disc-channel shows up. May HAKP and HALP be the dev-channels Crediar showed in his video? ^^ I believe not since DISC wasnt the disc-channel. By the way what is BC (00000100.tik)? I also deleted this but still everything runs fine.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Error said:
I also thought that. ^^ But nope it isnt. There are three hidden channels: DISC; HAKP; HALP. Without them everything still runs fine and the disc-channel shows up. May HAKP and HALP be the dev-channels Crediar showed in his video? ^^ I believe not since DISC wasnt the disc-channel. By the way what is BC (00000100.tik)? I also deleted this but still everything runs fine.
Nope HAKx and HALx are Region Select and EULA resp.

BC / MIOS are gamecube related

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
T-Error said:
BC is relevant for Gamecube games (it sets GCmode=on).
HAKP is the european EULA.
HALP is the region selection.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
All thats needed to create a fresh nand is sys menu, sys menu ios and eula/rgn select. Thats all comexs nand formatter needs giantpune told me. But I also needed a couple of files from previous dump. Now got 4.1e and 4.2e setups that are only 17megs when zipped. Installed 47 VC/WW and used it like glorified triforce
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a usb gecko connected and have not changed the default compiler flags, the speed of whatever program on your pc you have reading the output will affect the speed of sneek. the exisendbyte() function has a while() that waits for the pc to read the gecko before it will do anything else.

also if you want to get this running faster, change the compiler flags so that debug_printf() is just defined and is not actually a function. this will make all the lines of debug_printf() basically not there. without this change, sneek still processes every debug line and just never sends it anywhere without a gecko. so first do a clean, then delete/comment the line "#define DEBUG 1" in both the es and fs modules, and then recompile the thing again.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wilsoff said:
QUOTE(Det1re @ Feb 1 2010, 02:46 PM) BC is relevant for Gamecube games (it sets GCmode=on).

THX for the info. So the disc-channel cant be deleted? There is a patch available that allows the disc-channel to be moved. How does it work? Has it something to do with: http://wiibrew.org/wiki//title/00000001/00...ata/iplsave.bin
EDIT: Why does it run without HAKx and HALx? Thought they were needed?

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
T-Error said:
wilsoff said:
QUOTE(Det1re @ Feb 1 2010, 02:46 PM) BC is relevant for Gamecube games (it sets GCmode=on).

THX for the info. So the disc-channel cant be deleted? There is a patch available that allows the disc-channel to be moved. How does it work? Has it something to do with: http://wiibrew.org/wiki//title/00000001/00...ata/iplsave.bin
EDIT: Why does it run without HAKx and HALx? Thought they were needed?

I think those channels are only needed when you power the Wii on for the first time.. (Where it tells you to set the time etc)
After that it's unneeded, correct my if im wrong.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
crwys said:
Is sneek ever going to be able to run from SD card and have the SD recognized at the same time?
It already can. but it's buggy when it comes to writing. Reading from SD should work so far. The only thing you have to do is to do this:
http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ#SD...ii_applications

Neither the SM nor HBC can read my SD card when I change the *SDStatus to 1.
QUOTE(giantpune @ Feb 1 2010, 03:00 PM)
so first do a clean, then delete/comment the line "#define DEBUG 1" in both the es and fs modules, and then recompile the thing again.
This tip was golden, it's really faster now
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a global.h in both modules. the definition there is used for the entire source code. so just do those 2 lines and it covers everything.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having trouble downloading DLC? I've tried getting my previously purchased My Life as a King DLC and it always gives a shop channel error although I can get games from the shop channel just fine.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
giantpune said:
there's a global.h in both modules. the definition there is used for the entire source code. so just do those 2 lines and it covers everything.
sorry, but is this in addition to changing *SDStatus to 1?
how do you comment it out tried deleting it and it wouldn't compile just gave me errors

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sdstatus stuff is different from the #define DEBUG stuff. the DEBUG line just makes it actually do something with all the lines that say debug_printf(). the sdstatus just tells ppc apps that there is a sd card inserted. im not sure what version you have, but i have r9 with a couple lines changed and apps can read from the sd card fine. i tried to write something to it with ftpii and bricked the sd card nand. better just wait for a proper fix from crediar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb