Hacking SNEEK v2

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
FenrirWolf said:
Tried setting it equal to zero instead of just deleting it?
God damnit. I should have though of that. Fucking durrr. Yup, that worked.
I gave this tip already an hour ago
tongue.gif

Ok, well it compiled, but it did not make it any bit faster. That stinks.
You have to put it into a boot2.bin and place this on your card again. Be sure to remove all compiled es and fs modules before you compile your new one so that you don't put the old one again into your boot2.bin file

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. i see what it is. there needs to be more #ifdef DEBUG a couple other places in the code. i didn't really try it out till just now. try this http://pastie.org/804570

doing
#DEFINE blabla 0
is not the same as removing the #DEFINE blabla

so you were still using a debug version. the speed increase was due to something else. maybe the placebo effect
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
ok. i see what it is. there needs to be more #ifdef DEBUG a couple other places in the code. i didn't really try it out till just now. try this http://pastie.org/804570

doing
#DEFINE blabla 0
is not the same as removing the #DEFINE blabla

so you were still using a debug version. the speed increase was due to something else. maybe the placebo effect
smile.gif
In other words, copy-paste that over the matching sections in the code?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah. it should be self explanitory. and you have to do the same for both modules. you'll know you did it right when the thing compiles.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, that definitely did the trick. I'd say it loaded around 40% faster than before and things are more responsive. Neato. I should probably set up BootMii Swap with both versions and do a comparison test.

EDIT: Nevermind that last bit. It was just the boot2.bin that changed IIRC, so that wouldn't really work out. lol

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
find the different file names in the pastie. then find the soction of code that looks a lot like the pastie in the real code. then delete the original code and copy the section of the pastie there. do it for all 3 sections 2 times.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And in the case of vsprintf.c you tack it on at the end since there's no corresponding code to overwrite. Also, I had a hard time trying to do it in notepad before I remembered that devkitPro comes with a developer's notepad that's far easier to use for this sort of thing.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops. looks like i mixed up the vsprintf and string files then. it should all overwrite existing code. the only differences are the lines starting with #

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting in that the speed still improved, though. Mind updating the pastie with the things in the right place? I wanna see if that will make the speed even faster.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no need to recompile, then? Cool.

EDIT: I went ahead and did it anyway and yup, both versions seemed to run at the same speed. Way better than with the debugger running, though. Sweet. Maybe precompiled ES/FS modules could be released for people who aren't interested in running it with a USB Gecko.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
So no need to recompile, then? Cool.

EDIT: I went ahead and did it anyway and yup, both versions seemed to run at the same speed. Way better than with the debugger running, though. Sweet. Maybe precompiled ES/FS modules could be released for people who aren't interested in running it with a USB Gecko.
Can't get it to compile just keep getting errors any chance of precompiled ES/FS modules file upload??

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt disabling will make it much faster, sure it will build the string which will take some time but it is really not that much and if nothing is inserted in Slot B it doesn't send anything or wait for anything.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
I doubt disabling will make it much faster, sure it will build the string which will take some time but it is really not that much and if nothing is inserted in Slot B it doesn't send anything or wait for anything.
You know what, you're probably right. I'm doing some better testing and it seems to shave only a few seconds off of the boot time, which is around 17 seconds with the card I'm using.

Heh, that shows me for shouting success before doing more in-depth preparation. But at the same time I'm happy to eek off however many seconds I can, so whatever.

But if anyone wants to play around with the altered modules, here they are:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LP4U6ANG

I'll take down the link if I'm not supposed to distribute anything.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not really sure which part of the following from the es vsprintf.c I should change? It doesn't look like the other vsprintf.c in fs?
Code:
static char buffer[1024] ALIGNED(32);
int dbgprintf( const char *fmt, ...)
{
ÂÂÂÂif ( (*(vu32*)(0xd800070) & 1) == 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn 0;

ÂÂÂÂva_list args;
ÂÂÂÂint i;

ÂÂÂÂva_start(args, fmt);
ÂÂÂÂi = vsprintf(buffer, fmt, args);
ÂÂÂÂva_end(args);

ÂÂÂÂ//FIL f;
ÂÂÂÂ//if( f_open( &f, "log.txt", FA_WRITE|FA_OPEN_ALWAYS ) == FR_OK )
ÂÂÂÂ//{
ÂÂÂÂ//ÂÂÂÂf_lseek( &f, f.fsize );
ÂÂÂÂ//ÂÂÂÂu32 read=0;
ÂÂÂÂ//ÂÂÂÂf_write( &f, buffer, strlen(buffer), &read );ÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ//ÂÂÂÂf_close( &f);
ÂÂÂÂ//}
ÂÂÂÂGeckoSendBuffer( buffer );

ÂÂÂÂ//svc_write(buffer);

ÂÂÂÂreturn i;
}
void fatal(const char *fmt, ...)

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know if anybody mentioned before, but cIOS rev7 and cMIOS from WiiGator working fine with Sneek. Rev7 doesn't have hdd or double layer support but it plays all my dvd5 backups. So it is not the worst option for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==