ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g4jek8j54 said:
Just used this guide to set up UNEEK. I used SNEEK before, but UNEEK works much better for me.

One question that I have, which I don't see mentioned on the first post, is if it is possible to dump the Wii disc to USB using the Wii, and/or UNEEK/SNEEK, and if so, how? I do not have a DVD drive for my computer, so I doubt that I can dump them with that. Is it possible to use some other USB loader to dump Wii discs to my USB drive, and if so, could someone point me to some directions on this? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am not too familiar with the various USB loaders for the Wii. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, my USB drive was formatted from NTFS to FAT32. Will FAT32 be a suitable filesystem for storing Wii games?

No, you can't dump a disc with any version of SNEEK, but you can with almost all USBLoaders and a lot of other homebrew made for the Wii.

EDIT: Fat32 works fine for USBLoaders and any version of sneek.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
W hat said:
A note about "decrypt" making .app files would be helpful as well.
DO YOU EVEN READ WHAT YOU COPY & PASTE ?????

2a. Make sure in NUSD you have the Decrypt box checked, (if it does not give you a decrypt box you do not have a proper key.bin or the key.bin is not in the
proper directory with NUSD)
The most accurate version of my post:
[Because I screwed up on what "decrypt" does] a note about "decrypt" making .app files would be helpful as well.

If you're going to get mad about something I post, choose the numbering. It's a much more legitimate gripe.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done with you, my best advice is re-read the guide, bro. Then read it again. Next ?

EDIT: @ Everyone

The guide has almost entirely been re-written, edited and restructured to make it easier to understand and follow. I still need to do a few very minor things here and there but you'll get where I'm going with it. All criticism is welcome and will be heard but some will be ignored.
smile.gif

x1kris1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Filestructure for UNEEK+DI

sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin
sd:/sneek/kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb.bin)

usb:/sneek/di.bin
usb:/sneek/kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb.bin)
usb:/sneek/font.bin
NAND
usb:\import
usb:\meta
usb:\shared1
usb:\shared2
usb:\temp
usb:\title
usb:\ticket
usb:\sys

usb:\games\a_game example: usb:\games\RMGE01

am i suppose to have a folder called NAND? also can i switch between more then one nand like in uloader? nand, nand2, nand3, nand4 ?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I left that NAND there as an indicator of where the nand is located, there should not be a folder called NAND. No, you can't switch NAND's on the fly, only manually by copying and pasting from your cpu.

Edit: Thanks for pointing out some mistakes. ///\\\\
smile.gif

x1kris1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
No, I left that NAND there as an indicator of where the nand is located, there should not be a folder called NAND. No, you can't switch NAND's on the fly, only manually by copying and pasting from your cpu.

bummer
frown.gif

what would be the cause of bust a move plus not working?
i load the game like any other from uneek nand. it gets to the "create a save" part i click yes, then it freezes on a black screen... i thought it could be a ios problem. maybe, 222,223,224 need to be updated?

it works on my real nand, i have updated ios's installed with hermes 5.1
222 with 38
223 with 37
224 with 57

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
x1kris1x said:
ChokeD said:

bummer
frown.gif

i load the game like any other from uneek nand. it gets to the "create a save" part i click yes, then it freezes on a black screen... i thought it could be a ios problem. maybe, 222,223,224 need to be updated?

222 with 38
223 with 37
224 with 57
cIOS does not work well with sneek and is not your problem, I'd say it's either the game itself(bad dump) or you need to check to see if you have an IOS that's needed installed. Not a cios like 222,223,224. There is part of the guide that will help you find the ios needed by your game in the op. If in fact it is not sneek's problem to start with.

x1kris1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
x1kris1x said:
ChokeD said:

bummer
frown.gif

222 with 38
223 with 37
224 with 57
cIOS does not work well with sneek and is not your problem, I'd say it's either the game itself(bad dump) or you need to check to see if you have an IOS that's needed installed. Not a cios like 222,223,224. There is part of the guide that will help you find the ios needed by your game in the op. If in fact it is not sneek's problem to start with.
thought it worked with uneek last time,.. anyways, whats the diffrence between uneek and uneek + di?

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has something changed in REV120 to get the game menu to show up in UNEEK+DI? I've tried tapping the 1 button 2x really fast and once.

Also, is there USB support for Rock Band / Guitar Hero microphone with Uneek+DI?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
118 was the last real revision the last two have just been instruction updates. You can click changes on the source page on the googlecode page and see exactly what was done in each revision

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer! I was browsing the Wiki on the SNEEK Googlecode page, and found that SD cards do not work for Wii applications, which I knew from before. However, does the same apply to USB devices? I cannot find anything on the SNEEK page about that. In addition, if USB devices work for Wii homebrew applications, can I still save to the USB device if I am using a version of UNEEK?

Also, is it safe to download games from the Wii Shop Channel through SNEEK/UNEEK? Thanks in advance!

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB works normally (except USB loaders) in SNEEK and does not work in UNEEK. However in UNEEK SD access works fine. Basically whatever the NAND is on is inaccessible as a normal device. DI stuff is also inaccessible. I've never tried to download anything from wii shop but I'd imagine its safe. Do your buying on your normal NAND just in case it binds the purchase to the emulated nand. I'm not positive how that works I know when I access the shop channel on the emulated NAND made from my real NAND it shows all my purchased games just fine.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NReale3370 said:
USB works normally (except USB loaders) in SNEEK and does not work in UNEEK. However in UNEEK SD access works fine. Basically whatever the NAND is on is inaccessible as a normal device. DI stuff is also inaccessible. I get the point, but how can this be? Read about Puneek here:
http://gbatmw.net/showthread.php?tid=13896
QUOTECoder extraordinaire giantpune has combined UNEEK with the DI module, and integrated two open-source usb loaders (it's always good to have a choice) to make game selection as easy as can be.
How is this working if UNEEK can't access the USB HD?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune did some major reworking of the SNEEK code to make that possible. Its based on a very old version of SNEEK and probably not worth messing with since UNEEK-DI can fill that void

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NReale3370 said:
giantpune did some major reworking of the SNEEK code to make that possible. Its based on a very old version of SNEEK and probably not worth messing with since UNEEK-DI can fill that void
Good to know, thanks again. To keep it simple:
-SNEEK = NAND stored on SD, access to USB-port
-UNEEK = NAND stored on USB, access to SD-card

Hopefully last questions for day:
1) In which case someone would use UNEEK instead of SNEEK? Who needs tons GB of storage for the NAND?
=>The only situation i could imagine is someone who playes Rock Band/Guitar Hero with DLCs

2)So in conclusion i can do the following things with SNEEK+DI?:
a)Put a NAND-Backup on my SD-Card
b)Install my previously WAD-packed VC/WW-titles with ShowMiiWads directly into the NAND-Backup
c)Use DI to load deencrypted games from USB storage without cIOS?

3)Is this safe?: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=209132
or is there even a better solution i'am not aware of? I just want to use some of the features hacks.ini gave us.

Hope someone may answer my questions.

I give out hugs and kisses (lol) for everyone who made this possible.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you compile your own SNEEK you can put hacks directly into the program, in SMenu.c you'll see a case for each system menu version sneek officially supports. You can put hacks right in there, just change the first 8 to 0 (since the system menu isn't being moved like it is in priiloader). As far trying priiloader no idea how safe it is for use with sneek but on the plus side one of the joys of sneek is you can try it and find out! Just save a copy of your emulated NAND before trying and you can make an easy rollback. UNEEK for some people is significantly faster than SNEEK as USB speeds tend to be better than SD card speeds, though your mileage might vary. I've found them to be about the same for me.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
sneek stop loading on power up..after updated bootmii/boot2 to beta 6....have to launch sneek through hbc or a forwarder...(just info for those that are thinking of updating)

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LocoRoco said:
sneek stop loading on power up..after updated bootmii/boot2 to beta 6....have to launch sneek through hbc or a forwarder...(just info for those that are thinking of updating)
Did you change the bootdelay to "0" instead of "5" in the bootmii.ini found in the bootmii folder on your SD ???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated