Hacking Install Priiloader on SNEEK mod

WiiZoneVoyager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader works great with sneek. But if you want to install priiloader to sneek nand, u ll get a black screen on startup on sneek nand.

Install PRiiloader on Sneek:

1-) First time when u install priiloader it gets fuzzy screen, it crashes.

2-) Second time it works and installation completes. But wii cant open system menu. Because priiloader writes 100000XX.app with error codes. Or while it s renaming it. But the solution s easy.

3-) goto title\ 00000001\ 0000002\ content\
there should be a file called 100000xx.app and a file called 000000xx.app. "XX" s matches the same.

100000xx.app==> this file is corrupted.

You need to overwrite the file with the original one(000000xx.app), After u rename it as 100000xx.app...

Note: Maybe the installer changes two files on 4.2, then multiple files should be changed instead of one file(by T-Eror)

You can download it from NUSD or get the file from nand dump without priiloader.

Thatss all. It works..

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Interesting
smile.gif

So it basically just corrupts the original system menu? strange

You forgot some \ btw: title\ 00000001\ 0000002\ content\
wink.gif

WiiZoneVoyager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tj_cool: yep it just corrupts the system menu. It is a previous loader from system menu. It patchs a file as 000000XX.app. And the old one is renamed as 100000XX.app

tnx 4 the path correction
biggrin.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a thought...should it not be possible to manually install priiloader, without having to run the installer?

I think it should just be a case of compiling Priiloader (not the installer) and running MakeDolBoot.exe on it (this is in the priiloader SVN), then copying the resultant file to 000000XX.app, after renaming the original 100000XX.app.

WiiZoneVoyager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SifJar: yes it could make this way possibble getting the priiloaders 000000XX.app file in the priiloader SVN. But u can run priiloader install app(.dol) from USB homebrew too. Actually it doesnt work as great. So, If u run that from homebrew chan., u should do that instructions to make it work. And most of us doesnt want to compile priiloader again...
biggrin.gif

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiZoneVoyager said:
Priiloader works great with sneek. But if you want to install priiloader to sneek nand, u ll get a black screen on startup on sneek nand.

Install PRiiloader on Sneek:

1-) First time when u install priiloader it gets fuzzy screen, it crashes.

2-) Second time it works and installation completes. But wii cant open system menu. Because priiloader writes 100000XX.app with error codes. Or while it s renaming it. But the solution s easy.

3-) goto title\ 00000001\ 0000002\ content\
there should be a file called 100000xx.app and a file called 000000xx.app. "XX" s matches the same.

100000xx.app==> this file is corrupted.

You need to overwrite the file with the original one(000000xx.app), After u rename it as 100000xx.app...

You can download it from NUSD or get the file from nand dump without priiloader.

Thatss all. It works..

For me it doesn't work. Priiloader says:"Error autobooting systemmenu! Could not open boot file!" BTW: do you know what causes priiloader to crash on the first run? Some file missing? Perhaps the same reason why StartPatch doesn't work.

WiiZoneVoyager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are u sure u overwrite the 100000xx.app file with the 000000xx.app is renamed as 100000xx.app. Which priiloader version u re using. I was just getting "Error autobooting systemmenu" warnin not "Could not open boot file"

Actually i had tried on older versions and that worked too. Maybe 000000xx.app the file is writen by priiloader installer is corrupted too. But i dont think so...
smile.gif

If u re trying to install priiloader on system menu with StartPatch, maybe it s the problem. Try on the clean system menu nand.

Note: I think it s the same problem with StartPatch too. I havent tried that yet. But i ll. Actually i doesnt require to be installed with priiloader. They seem to make same works. (I ve never used StartPatch...)

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiZoneVoyager said:
Are u sure u overwrite the 100000xx.app file with the 000000xx.app is renamed as 100000xx.app. Which priiloader version u re using. I was just getting "Error autobooting systemmenu" warnin not "Could not open boot file"

Actually i had tried on older versions and that worked too. Maybe 000000xx.app the file is writen by priiloader installer is corrupted too. But i dont think so...
smile.gif

If u re trying to install priiloader on system menu with StartPatch, maybe it s the problem. Try on the clean system menu nand.

Note: I think it s the same problem with StartPatch too. I havent tried that yet. But i ll. Actually i doesnt require to be installed with priiloader. They seem to make same works. (I ve never used StartPatch...)
Ok the mistake I did was that I only replaced 1000008a.app because this is what I had to replace to get another theme. Now that I replaced 1000008b.app it works. Is "...a" the theme and "...b" the menu? priiloader did a backup of both. BTW I never used any of them before but StartPatch was my first choice because I only need the patching and not the dol loading. But I could live with Priiloader. I only ask myself what is causing the crash on StartPatch install.

EDIT: after changing 1000008a.app the error changed for me from your described version to "Could not open boot file". But changing both was fine.

WiiZoneVoyager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version do u use? 0000007f.app(643KB) Priiloader runs on in 4.1E is writen by installer instead of original one(3.778KB). U should get or download 0000007f.app(3.778KB) file for replacing to overwrite 1000007f.app file. I mean 0000007f.app(3.778KB) needs to be renamed as 1000007f.app in folder. ("7f is for 4.1E version"). There should be a file called 100000xx.app and a file called 000000xx.app, After u install priiloader. "XX" s matches the same. XX changes according to your system menu version...

If it still doesnt work, that should be tried on a clean system menu(Without no custom theme, and startpacth) nand

Theres a topic about install startPatch too. Maybe it s a kind of writing or renaming file problem as in priiloader. I should try to install it too b4 i understand the problem. I hope all the cios errors ll be fixed too. Because Sneek coders say "the issue doesn't seem to be solveable via SNEEK, the cIOS authors must either fix their cIOS or if SNEEK is at fault supply a fix or at least the exact issue. SNEEK has no code in place which would prevent cIOS from working! "

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiZoneVoyager said:
Which version do u use? 0000007f.app(643KB) Priiloader runs on in 4.1E is writen by installer instead of original one(3.778KB). U should get or download 0000007f.app(3.778KB) file for replacing to overwrite 1000007f.app file. I mean 0000007f.app(3.778KB) needs to be renamed as 1000007f.app in folder. ("7f is for 4.1E version").

If it still doesnt work, that should be tried on a clean system menu(Without no custom theme, and startpacth) nand

Theres a topic about install startPatch too. Maybe it s a kind of writing or renaming file problem as in priiloader. I should try to install it too b4 i understand the problem. I hope all the cios errors ll be fixed too. Because Sneek coders say "the issue doesn't seem to be solveable via SNEEK, the cIOS authors must either fix their cIOS or if SNEEK is at fault supply a fix or at least the exact issue. SNEEK has no code in place which would prevent cIOS from working! "
Im using 4.2E and it is without custom theme and StartPatch. A nice clean 4.2E dump which was updated through ninty. And as I already stated above it's working now. I started this topic and your fix for Priiloader was the first clue why it crashes.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Daco said:
wat

dax could install priiloader using the installer on sneek just fine...

^^ What could cause this behavior? Especially the crash on the first run. And which files are changed by Priiloader on 4.2E? Please enlighten us!

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
T-Error said:
Daco said:
wat

^^ What could cause this behavior? Especially the crash on the first run. And which files are changed by Priiloader on 4.2E? Please enlighten us!
as you can see it the source the installer :

1) copies the sys menu ticket from /ticket to the sys menu title ( /title/00000001/00000002/content)
2) renames the sys menu booting app and writes priiloader to the sys menu title with the same name as the sys menu booting app

EDIT: and if the installer writes priiloader to the real nand instead of sneek nand when using sneek im guessing its a sneek issue since all the installer does is call ES/ISFS calls

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Daco said:
T-Error said:
Daco said:
wat

as you can see it the source the installer :

1) copies the sys menu ticket from /ticket to the sys menu title ( /title/00000001/00000002/content)
2) renames the sys menu booting app and writes priiloader to the sys menu title with the same name as the sys menu booting app

EDIT: and if the installer writes priiloader to the real nand instead of sneek nand when using sneek im guessing its a sneek issue since all the installer does is call ES/ISFS calls
Who said something about it writing to the real NAND? This wouldn't be an issue this would be a total FAIL. ^^ I guess there is only something missing in my dump. I try to sort it out which file gets changed on the first run if I get some time today. Sorry didn't know the source is public. I'll have a look but I guess I wouldn't understand enough to figure it out although Im a coder. (more hobby then professional)

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@WiiZoneVoyager: IT WORKS!!! Just wanted to know why there are two files touched by Priiloader 000000xa.app and 000000xb.app. And only if I revert both 100000xx.app it works.

WiiZoneVoyager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@T-Error: Actually it touches just one system menu file(i guess it s boot file) Priiloader is a previous loader from system menu. It patchs a file as 000000XX.app. And the old one is renamed as 100000XX.app. But on sneek this install crashes while it s being renamed or created. Maybe the reason is something happened being changed your menu theme too b4 install priiloader. And so u replace 2 files.

But i think the prob. is not on the sneek side in installation process. I guess, it s more related with priiloader installer just like in cios problems on sneek.

I hope the fixed mod applications ll be released soon. Because sneek is so usefull especially 4 wii users without bootmii as boot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ