Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
thx chokeD for the answers but i dont get 4 short flashes: Failed to load the requested IOS (missing IOS, missing TMD/Ticket/content) how would i fix this,how would i tell whats missing or find whats missing in the files or file thx

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buffdog said:
thx chokeD for the answers but i dont get 4 short flashes: Failed to load the requested IOS (missing IOS, missing TMD/Ticket/content) how would i fix this,how would i tell whats missing or find whats missing in the files or file thx
Is this happening when you try to load a game ??

If so look at the guide in the section for Wii Game File and Folder Structure & Identifying required IOS. This should no doubt help you. You may be missing the ios that is required by the game you are trying to play.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buffdog said:

are you getting the flashes before sneek / uneek ever loads?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
buffdog said:

are you getting the flashes before sneek / uneek ever loads?
He might not have a game on the drive ?? That's what I'm thinking or the game is bad that is on the drive. I don't think he has gotten sneek to even boot after re-reading his posts.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD said:
why would you need to install triforce in sneek ?? Install triforce on your regular nand and install all the wii/vc you want to the sneek nand and your done.
I use 2 different SD-cards, that's why. I didn't find a good solution yet to store all files in one place and Triiforce is not working with current cIOS anyway, but let's talk about the future.
I just didn't found a good solution for doing things anyway. Currently i use Sneek for my VC/WW-stuff and Real NAND + cIOS for my USB Loader-backups.
How should i operate this Wii-stuff in the future?

Maybe:

-Uneek
-SD-Card (Apps, Triiforce, Wads, ...)
-USB-Drive FAT32 (USB Loader Games, Uneek-NAND)
-Switch to UNEEK through system menu?

Would this work? So i boot up my normal system menu, launch Uneek through HBC or forwarder-channel if i want to buy/install VC/WW-stuff and play these games through Triiforce?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii = triiforce_mrc installed
wii = usb loader installed

sd/usb = fat32 partition for usb loader games or below
sd/usb = nand with vc installed for triiforce_mrc
sd/usb = nand with vc installed for uneek+di
sd/usb = nand with uneek or sneek whatever
usb = uneek+di with games on it for uneek+di
sd = files for uneek+di to boot to usb

HBC installed on both nands

bootmii config editor in the apps folder to switch back and forth without getting up

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD said:
wii = triiforce_mrc installed
wii = usb loader installed

sd/usb = fat32 partition for usb loader games or below
sd/usb = nand with vc installed for triiforce_mrc
sd/usb = nand with vc installed for uneek+di

sd/usb = nand with uneek or sneek whatever
usb = uneek+di with games on it for uneek+di
sd = files for uneek+di to boot to usb

HBC installed on both nands

bootmii config editor in the apps folder to switch back and forth without getting up 1) Do i have to choose between USB-Loader-Game and one of the several options below? Because you wrote "or below"... Can't i put USB-Loader-Games (*.wbfs-files) and UNEEK-NAND on the same USB-HDD?

2) I don't get the blue tagged lines aswell. In your previous post you said:
QUOTE... Install triforce on your regular nand and install all the wii/vc you want to the sneek nand and your done.
Is there a reason you differentiate between "nand for triiforce mrc" and "nand for uneek"?

Sorry for this pot of questions, but i don't want to mess up things.

In conclusion:
USB://wbfs/ (*.wbfs-files)
USB:// NAND-folders (import, meta, shared1, shared2,sys, ...)
USB://sneek/kernel.bin (boot2_USB.bin)
USB://sneek/font.bin
SD://bootmii/
SD://apps/triiforce_mrc
SD://wads/

How do i launch Uneek through Bootmii-IOS? I have Bootmii installes as boot2 and IOS.

This whole thing is messing with my head. As i said before i just want to do the following things:
1. Launch real NAND when Wii is started and play USB-backuped gamed through CFG-Loader or whatever
2. Launch UNEEK through HBC if i want to buy/install VC/WW-games
3. Launch these games through Triiforce_MRC accessing the UNEEK-NAND

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
no i'am trying to boot just standerd sneek when i try to load it from the start or load from hbc i get 4 times flash and black screen.my nands are 4.2u and my tru nand dump 4.2e.and my hbc is 7 is this ok or do you need more info thx

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
This whole thing is messing with my head. As i said before i just want to do the following things:
1. Launch real NAND when Wii is started and play USB-backuped gamed through CFG-Loader or whatever
3. Launch these games through Triiforce_MRC accessing NAND
Then these steps are all you need. You don't need uneek, as triiforce will access a nand on a usb or sd. That'a a different topic not this 1. Search for Triiforce_mrc.

QUOTE(buffdog @ Aug 17 2010, 06:45 AM) no i'am trying to boot just standerd sneek when i try to load it from the start or load from hbc i get 4 times flash and black screen.my nands are 4.2u and my tru nand dump 4.2e.and my hbc is 7 is this ok or do you need more info thx
from the start or load hbc ?? Do you have bootmii installed as ios ?? Do you have "sneeks armboot.bin in the bootmii folder without the ppcboot.elf file ?? did you set the bootdelay=0 in the bootmii.ini file ??

Make sure you have your file structure correct like in the guide. No extra files. Make sure you have bootmii as ios if you don't have it as boot2.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD said:
Liberty said:
3. Launch these games through Triiforce_MRC accessing NAND
Then these steps are all you need. You don't need uneek, as triiforce will access a nand on a usb or sd. That'a a different topic not this 1. Search for Triiforce_mrc.
I got your point, but would it still be possible to include UNEEK in whatever way possible? Just for whatever reason, maybe i need to launch something inside the NAND, i dunno. (e.g. i could use the US-Shop-Channel inside Uneek to buy stuff and won't have to mess with the real NAND).

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD said:
I guess so, even if the vc is added to the nand uneek should still boot it.
I just got another idea. I do as you said and will just use steps 1 and 3 for the start. If i want to boot the NAND with UNEEK, i can grab another SD-card and just put kernel.bin (boot2_USB.bin), font.bin and a prepared bootmii-folder on it. Should work, shouldn't it? If i don't want to boot UNEEK, i just put in my normal SD-card.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootmii config editor in the apps folder to switch back and forth without getting up or without switching the sd.

it will rename the bootmii folder to ~bootmii so uneek doesn't boot, click it again, it will rename ~bootmii folder so that uneek will boot. its in the first post.

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
from the start or load hbc ??(both) Do you have bootmii installed as ios ??(yes have boot2) Do you have "sneeks armboot.bin in the bootmii folder without the ppcboot.elf file ??(yes) did you set the bootdelay=0 in the bootmii.ini file ??(yes)
ok the files set up on sd is right i think do i need to put a usb file on sd to becouse when sneek first came out i didnt have that file on sd just nand,bootmii and sneek is that the problem.thx

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, sometimes i'm a bit woozy
laugh.gif

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
buffdog said:
from the start or load hbc ??(both) Do you have bootmii installed as ios ??(yes have boot2) Do you have "sneeks armboot.bin in the bootmii folder without the ppcboot.elf file ??(yes) did you set the bootdelay=0 in the bootmii.ini file ??(yes)
ok the files set up on sd is right i think do i need to put a usb file on sd to becouse when sneek first came out i didnt have that file on sd just nand,bootmii and sneek is that the problem.thx
Did you try the SNEEKInstaller GUI 0.1 beta 5 http://code.google.com/p/sneek/downloads/d...v0.1b5-cred.rar takes the headaches out of the whole process

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
build a new nand using the NEW NUSAD in the first post. Your nand is the problem. After reading the first post you wrote again your 4.2e nand was workin but your 4.2u is not. your nand screwed somewhere.

NUSAD can build a nand and sneek for you. just follow the direction bro and all will be good for you shortly.
smile.gif

NUSAD: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-nus-auto-downloader-for-windows

NOTE: You will be presented with a black screen for approximately 3-5 minutes upon first boot only. BE VERY PATIENT AT THE FIRST BOOT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...