Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
3-5 min boot up is that for each time u use diffrent sneek nands 4.2e,etc ? and it is my nands dumps are giveing me 4 flash and i dont need the usb game file on sd card? this is not the first time doing this.when sneekv2 came out i compiled it but its just that the file with the first one.i made was deleted

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
NUSAD: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-nus-auto-downloader-for-windows

NOTE: You will be presented with a black screen for approximately 3-5 minutes upon first boot only. BE VERY PATIENT AT THE FIRST BOOT.

EDIT: for regular sneek NO you do not need a game on the drive.

Right there it is! I need to thank XFlak for this as it was the solution to my booting problems. It was my Nand the whole time, never did figure out what was wrong with it. Luckily I had to 2 Wii's to finally figure that out.

NUSAD and Sneek compliment each other well.
smile.gif

BTW...MY WII IS F'N GAY!! No seriously, it likes other Wii's. All the hassle it gave me. grrr

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
got nusd nand 4.2e complied sneek tryed to boot now get stupid flashies.as i said in my other post not the 4 flash the other flashies it does this on all nands.deleted broke nands got new ones even one off my wii oh well wish it didnt my sneek file didnt get deleted and now just found out my sd card with sneek on first time round when compiled is LOST AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! KIDS!!!!!!! had enuff for today thx chokeD

p.s did wait patient for 10 mins lol each time

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to bring older posting back, but since I have a similar issue with HBC 1.0.8 (SM 4.3U) running on sneek.

ChokeD said:
EDIT:

By the way, I have recently tried to test HBC with a virgin nand of 3.2 and 4.3 with all the same results.

1.0.8 (ios34 being used in real nand before dump)NAND as is works HBC v8 does not work
1.0.8 (ios58 being used in real nand before dump)NAND as is works HBC v8 does not work

1.0.7 working in uneek, tried to update with 1.0.7 ios34 auto-update online and black screens after downloading process
1.0.7 working in uneek, tried to update with 1.0.7 ios34 HBC installer goes straight to black screen

Must be this AH_BPROT or whatever calling on boot2, resetting SNEEK freezing whats going on upon HBC install. Who knows ?

And I also saw the following posting in the talk-page of IOS58Installer (on wiibrew wikipage) which ended with mentioning bug in sneek when running IOS58 (unfortunately without elaborating more on the bug):
How to use USB2.0?

Do i just need to IOS_ReloadIOS(58) to get USB2.0 speed, or i have to do some more initialization of USB? Is there patches required for libogc? Sorg 06:10, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

There was a huge change in libogc to automatically use USB2.0. But you'll have to compile libogc from svn--Attila 10:20, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for info! I've compiled latest libogc SVN. looks like IOS58 doesn't support USB keyboard. I don't know if it because of IOS58 itself or some bug in libogc. But with IOS36 USB keyboard works (the same libogc version) Sorg 21:51, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

It should work. Are you reloading to IOS58, then doing the Keyboard init? You could also try adding a usleep delay in between to be sure IOS is ready... --Tantric 00:48, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

There are 2 USB devices connected to my Wii: Nintendo USB LAN and Wireless USB keyboard. USB LAN works fine with IOS58, while Keyboard doesn't (either together with USB LAN or only keyboard). I will check more configs like old libogc... Sorg 04:56, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
Well, with both old (latest released 1.8.3 iirc) and new svn libogc with IOS58 don't work with keyboard. To clear up things, i've just compiled libwiikeyboard test sample on page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Libwiikeyboard. If i add IOS_ReloadIOS(58); sleep(1); then kebaord doesn't work. Try yourself and see... Sorg 05:23, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

Paste the code on pastie.org. --Tantric 05:27, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

http://pastie.org/1089960 Sorg 07:37, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

didn't try your code, but keyboard works just fine here with IOS58 dhewg 10:31, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

I found bug in SNEEK. That was causing problem with IOS58. Sorg 10:21, 14 August 2010 (UTC)

Does anyone have any related/further information on this? Thanks in advance.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell did one, or some (or all) of you get SNEEK/UNEEK/w/e working on USB? I don't think I care about DI, but i'd rather have 3.2 (if possible) on a USB HDD than running on a SD card, for more space (*Dlf hopes)

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a known bug reloading to IOS58. SNEEK skips module 1 (EHCI) because it thinks it's DI, then loads di.bin, and then loads Nintendo's DIP.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
conanac said:
Not trying to bring older posting back, but since I have a similar issue with HBC 1.0.8 (SM 4.3U) running on sneek.

ChokeD said:
EDIT:

By the way, I have recently tried to test HBC with a virgin nand of 3.2 and 4.3 with all the same results.

1.0.8 (ios34 being used in real nand before dump)NAND as is works HBC v8 does not work
1.0.8 (ios58 being used in real nand before dump)NAND as is works HBC v8 does not work

1.0.7 working in uneek, tried to update with 1.0.7 ios34 auto-update online and black screens after downloading process
1.0.7 working in uneek, tried to update with 1.0.7 ios34 HBC installer goes straight to black screen

Must be this AH_BPROT or whatever calling on boot2, resetting SNEEK freezing whats going on upon HBC install. Who knows ?

And I also saw the following posting in the talk-page of IOS58Installer (on wiibrew wikipage) which ended with mentioning bug in sneek when running IOS58 (unfortunately without elaborating more on the bug):
How to use USB2.0?

Do i just need to IOS_ReloadIOS(58) to get USB2.0 speed, or i have to do some more initialization of USB? Is there patches required for libogc? Sorg 06:10, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

There was a huge change in libogc to automatically use USB2.0. But you'll have to compile libogc from svn--Attila 10:20, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for info! I've compiled latest libogc SVN. looks like IOS58 doesn't support USB keyboard. I don't know if it because of IOS58 itself or some bug in libogc. But with IOS36 USB keyboard works (the same libogc version) Sorg 21:51, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

It should work. Are you reloading to IOS58, then doing the Keyboard init? You could also try adding a usleep delay in between to be sure IOS is ready... --Tantric 00:48, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

There are 2 USB devices connected to my Wii: Nintendo USB LAN and Wireless USB keyboard. USB LAN works fine with IOS58, while Keyboard doesn't (either together with USB LAN or only keyboard). I will check more configs like old libogc... Sorg 04:56, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
Well, with both old (latest released 1.8.3 iirc) and new svn libogc with IOS58 don't work with keyboard. To clear up things, i've just compiled libwiikeyboard test sample on page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Libwiikeyboard. If i add IOS_ReloadIOS(58); sleep(1); then kebaord doesn't work. Try yourself and see... Sorg 05:23, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

Paste the code on pastie.org. --Tantric 05:27, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

http://pastie.org/1089960 Sorg 07:37, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

didn't try your code, but keyboard works just fine here with IOS58 dhewg 10:31, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

I found bug in SNEEK. That was causing problem with IOS58. Sorg 10:21, 14 August 2010 (UTC)

Does anyone have any related/further information on this? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE(sk0ld @ Aug 17 2010, 10:52 PM)
There's a known bug reloading to IOS58. SNEEK skips module 1 (EHCI) because it thinks it's DI, then loads di.bin, and then loads Nintendo's DIP.
Thank you very much for this bit of info. I had since temporarily given up on testing, sure that I had covered the better portion of the testing I was capable of. I felt it was definitely a bug somewhere but had not enough coding skills of my own to proceed any further and I figured someone with skills would run across it sooner or later. I tried to let my tests be known to get the word out, maybe save someone some time, but didn't want to shove anything down anyone throat while HBCv8 was still fresh. I'm very glad you dug that up because I had not heard anything back on the matter at hand. This is the first bit of info I've seen but if I see any other relevant info I'll be sure to post. Thanks again.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD, I've been following your progress with HBC and saw that you tried it with IOS 34. Wouldn't that indicate its not IOS 57's spiffy EHCI module? Did you happen to try IOS 61? That's what my HBC have been using until 58. Haven't tried it myself yet but will this weekend if no one else does

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't try it or I would have listed it for sure. I really don't think it has anything to do with an IOS specifically. I feel it is the process of loading and reloading back into any given (in this case 58 aka HBC) because of the type of system calls for the AHBPROT flag that is being used. Not that there is anything wrong with the flag just that maybe sneek may need some minor adjustments before everything runs smooth again as far HBC is involved.

Please feel free to test though.
wink.gif

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really even if we can figure out the HBC's problem, with more and more homebrew switching to IOS 58 its becoming less and less useful to have the HBC on the sneek NAND until the IOS issue is sorted out. My short term solution was to remove HBC and just added a switch2sneek channel for switching back to the real NAND

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just for some info, maybe it was me, maybe not.

Tested:

switch2sneek no longer worked on my HBCv7 34 or 58.

I'm pretty sure I tested it thoroughly but I could be wrong,

Fact is,

Bootmii Config Editor in the guide is a solid ass replacement for it.

BCE = edits bootmii.ini in 2 different folders (~bootmii & bootmii)
~bootmii = UNEEK(+DI)
bootmii = Empty folder

If 2 folders are present it goes straight to the
*Switch Menu --> press A --> shut down (Wiimote Power Button)
*Edit 1st bootmii.ini
*Edit 2nd ~bootmii.ini

No need for cIOS
also handles arguments

Try it, you'll like it.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to run Multi Mod Manager on UNEEK, I can delete an IOS (removed IOS53 and IOS55 off of the UNEEK NAND), and sometimes the NAND will continue to work fine, and other times it will not. Since it makes modifications to the NAND, I guess I can understand that. However, when I try to run the GeckoOS Rebooter through UNEEK, on 3.0U, it does not load the menu, and apparently breaks my NAND. Why would that break it?

Like I said, the NAND that I am using is basically the 3.0U System Menu, minus those two IOS files, which I was trying to delete off of the console. On 3.0U, those IOS files are not normally there, plus the Rebooter should work without any modifications.

Also, for what it's worth, I was able to update to 4.2, and for whatever reason, some features of the Rebooter worked through it, like moving the Disc Channel. Is there any reason for all of this?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be honest, I'm not to familiar with the rebooter, but I'd say if it is the ios deletion that is the problem, well, leave them, they certainly aren't hurting anything being there I wouldn't think.
Sorry I can't help.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Yeah, I doubt there's any problem with them being there. Disc updates seem to work for the most part, except for the last time, but I deleted those files prior to updating.

I thought that Rebooter just patched things in memory, but I'm not sure. Just surprised me that it broke the NAND on UNEEK.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed the guide exactly besides a few parts of nusad which seemed a little different and i also tried building sneek entirely with nusad when that didnt work. my real nand is 3.2 and i tried to use both 4.2 and 4.3 on uneek+di.
i havent done anything else yet just trying to follow the guide and get sneek running, the initial black screen that i understood to last 3-5 minutes i let sit for 45 minutes the first time when that didnt work i deleted all the files off my harddrive and sd card and tried again from scratch 15 minutes later still nothing.

any ideas?

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
@jeffisher
what number of flashies do you get when you boot if any? have you tryed just standerd sneek. if you have can you tell me if it works or not with the same steps you took am just wonderin about something. thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭