Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have, using sneek without DI using the original game preformed a system update from 4.2 to 4.2?

and it got past where it was white screening before. the game did stop with a this disc could not be read error but it does that on my real nand too because my disc drive is super fucked. which is why i am usb loading in the first place

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NReale3370 said:
If the disc drive is screwed up aren't you ripping the game via the disc drive? That may be the problem
i ripped the game a long time ago before my disc drive got all screwy. i converted the old iso i already had to sneek the same one i converted to wbfs for use with cfg usb loader that works fine.
i'm going to try converting it one last time, i thought maybe that update from disc fixed it but playing from di still white screens at the same place. after this i guess it'd be smart to just give up on sneek.

edit: i think DI may just be extremely buggy or not like me, mario kart which was playing fine a few minutes ago no longer works and i have changed absolutely nothing.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had some problems with Mario Kart on newer revisions of sneek (i'm actually holding to r109 for the time being as it seemed to work the best for me). The DI is a little finicky with certain drives but SNEEK's come an incredibly long way and will hopefully continue to get better as more people futz with it.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i deleted mario kart and ripped my definitely working brawl wbfs files to sneek.
now pressing 1 and choosing a game or even just pressing 1 again to get rid of the di menu freezes up my wii i changed no settings and messed with no files but those two games.
i might try again when a newer revision comes out or if someone can tell me exactly how i messed up but for now i am fairly certain this isnt my fault and just DI being a bitch.
i really didnt even need DI since i use cfg usb loader i only wanted sneek to play virtual console games from my harddrive but with some of those white screening aswell there really is no point right now.

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
how can i get old revisions of sneek is that possible.
happy.gif
thx

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try using the -v option with the latest DiscEX, this option verifies the data while extracting so you can be sure nothing is corrupted.

And running chkdsk might be a good idea as well if something is acting up.

Best (and sadly the only way) to debug SNEEK is via an USBGecko.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm just compiling UNEEK again and have one question on the first step, cause i never cared about:
"IOS80-v6943 0000000e.app"
Is it equal if i use system menu 4.2 or 4.3? Or should i use IOS70 for 4.2 and IOS80 for 4.3 in this step?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of the nand your emulating(using with sneek,uneek,whatever) it's best to use the apps in the guide as sneek is built around the use of these specific .apps.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's the 58 at all, I believe it's the AHBPROT flag and some type of reloading argument that the new HBC is doing.

EDIT: in case you missed it longtom1

conanac said:
Not trying to bring older posting back, but since I have a similar issue with HBC 1.0.8 (SM 4.3U) running on sneek.

ChokeD said:
EDIT:

By the way, I have recently tried to test HBC with a virgin nand of 3.2 and 4.3 with all the same results.

1.0.8 (ios34 being used in real nand before dump)NAND as is works HBC v8 does not work
1.0.8 (ios58 being used in real nand before dump)NAND as is works HBC v8 does not work

1.0.7 working in uneek, tried to update with 1.0.7 ios34 auto-update online and black screens after downloading process
1.0.7 working in uneek, tried to update with 1.0.7 ios34 HBC installer goes straight to black screen

Must be this AH_BPROT or whatever calling on boot2, resetting SNEEK freezing whats going on upon HBC install. Who knows ?

And I also saw the following posting in the talk-page of IOS58Installer (on wiibrew wikipage) which ended with mentioning bug in sneek when running IOS58 (unfortunately without elaborating more on the bug):
How to use USB2.0?

Do i just need to IOS_ReloadIOS(58) to get USB2.0 speed, or i have to do some more initialization of USB? Is there patches required for libogc? Sorg 06:10, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

There was a huge change in libogc to automatically use USB2.0. But you'll have to compile libogc from svn--Attila 10:20, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for info! I've compiled latest libogc SVN. looks like IOS58 doesn't support USB keyboard. I don't know if it because of IOS58 itself or some bug in libogc. But with IOS36 USB keyboard works (the same libogc version) Sorg 21:51, 12 August 2010 (UTC)

It should work. Are you reloading to IOS58, then doing the Keyboard init? You could also try adding a usleep delay in between to be sure IOS is ready... --Tantric 00:48, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

There are 2 USB devices connected to my Wii: Nintendo USB LAN and Wireless USB keyboard. USB LAN works fine with IOS58, while Keyboard doesn't (either together with USB LAN or only keyboard). I will check more configs like old libogc... Sorg 04:56, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
Well, with both old (latest released 1.8.3 iirc) and new svn libogc with IOS58 don't work with keyboard. To clear up things, i've just compiled libwiikeyboard test sample on page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Libwiikeyboard. If i add IOS_ReloadIOS(58); sleep(1); then kebaord doesn't work. Try yourself and see... Sorg 05:23, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

Paste the code on pastie.org. --Tantric 05:27, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

http://pastie.org/1089960 Sorg 07:37, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

didn't try your code, but keyboard works just fine here with IOS58 dhewg 10:31, 13 August 2010 (UTC)

I found bug in SNEEK. That was causing problem with IOS58. Sorg 10:21, 14 August 2010 (UTC)

Does anyone have any related/further information on this? Thanks in advance.
I still think it's the flag though.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could be the flag but the new dop-mii freezes every time after IOS60(syscheck option) on my nand dump and have to hard reset so I think it's something to do with both IOS58 and the AHBPROT flag

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's weird, cuz the syscheck doesn't use the AHBPROT flag... every time each IOS is tested in syscheck, the IOS is reloading (obviously without AHBPROT flag).

but to test if its the AHBPROT flag, just remove the "no ios reload" switch in the meta.xml for the app giving u problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: murdering teal and purple in HOMM3