Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have one more question. Later on, I hope to try to update my UNEEK NAND through the internet to 4.3, but the NAND currently has version 1.0.6 of the Homebrew Channel. Can I use the 1.0.7 version of the HackMii Installer through UNEEK without any problems, or should I create a new NAND dump? I would like to keep the emulated NAND that I currently have.

From what I am reading, it sounds like version 1.0.8 of the Homebrew Channel currently does not work in SNEEK/UNEEK.

Thanks in advance!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
that's weird, cuz the syscheck doesn't use the AHBPROT flag... every time each IOS is tested in syscheck, the IOS is reloading (obviously without AHBPROT flag).

but to test if its the AHBPROT flag, just remove the "no ios reload" switch in the meta.xml for the app giving u problems.
don't have a meta.xml for the app send all through TransmitMii 1.3 from my laptop to HBC have no app folder on my sd card just bootmii, sneek and NUS(dop-mii) folders and maybe a wad and private folder

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the way I theorize it, which could be totally wrong, IDK, is every time HBC is used to launch any homebrew it uses 58 to send a command to the AHBPROT and flags complete hardware access, but when something reads or uses 58 at the same time or in the process of this, the AHBPROT gets fuxered up. I think this is also why HBC/58/v8 doesn't play well with cIOS that has say nand rights or fs.

I'm no coder but that's just what I'm gathering from what I read and what I think. If anyone knows the real deal please explain.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well was reading this the other day in Selfbooting Multi-Emu-Disc for Wii thread

giantpune said:
yes. i tested it out in sneek when i made it. it should be noted that i made this before the emulators were switched to use io58 and that ios appears not to work with sneek's usb stuff. so you would have to make sure it didnt try to boot that ios.

would be great if he would release how he made the emu disc it would be awesome for sneek/uneek DI just add your roms to HDD and away you go

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to all the help from longtom1 i am completely lost, i've tried everything from fresh nand to reripping my game. it's not my nand, and it's not sneek or di causing the problems.
i'm fairly certain it's not something i did wrong since longtom1 told me exactly what files to put where.
is it even possible my wii isnt sneek compatible?
i guess it could be my harddrive but i'm one of the lucky ones who'se hard drive has been compatible with absolutely everything so far it's never had a problem with any version usb loaders or homebrew channel or even wiimc.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think it'd be the HD before the wii. I mean the wiis are all pretty much identical with only minor variations in boot2 and IOS versions depending on how much you've mucked around, and that shouldn't impact sneek much anyway since its all emulated NAND. I've had issues after 109 with compatibility in wiiware games and mario kart so I think later revisions are just a bit crazy

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually reinstalled bootmii as boot2 earlier today considering that might be a problem as i've had it since it first came out.

should i try reformatting my drive or just give up and this isn't going to work for me.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't hurt to reformat, but I think trying a different drive would be more likely to help. If you don't have one or don't want to bother probably best to let it rest a revision or two. Or get a USB-gecko and really see what's going on if you feel adventurous

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't got any cash so no usb gecko for me i have wanted one for a long time i was hoping they'd get cheap but instead they stopped making them and got more expensive. my drive works for absolutely everything else and i don't have another.

i'll try reformatting maybe later if there is no other option it's just a matter of backing up all my games and putting them back takes a few hours to copy.

i've got one of these drives i picked up at walmart if someone can confirm it working or not, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148344

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know, I did some research before buying it and a few gbatemp users gave me a thumbs up on it. sneek's come a very long and way and I'm sure it'll get more cooperative as time goes on!

valentineiv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
long time reader first time poster
I hope this is the right thread for this question/request for help.

I used nusad to install a 4.2U uneek+di on my wii which if it matters is a 4.2U wii in real life.
I am using a 4gb sdhc card and a 8gb thumbdrive.

I used nusad to convert 3 diffrent games. nsmb,mpt, and wii sports
uneek boots up the game shows up in the disk channel but when i hit start it blackscreens.
right after i hit start the flashdrive light goes off a few times then it stops blinking.
I dont seem to get a dvd drive light flash/ error codes to happen.

I feel it should be something easy and that I am very close to getting it to work but ....

Thanks for your time in advance

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
valentineiv said:
long time reader first time poster
I hope this is the right thread for this question/request for help.

I used nusad to install a 4.2U uneek+di on my wii which if it matters is a 4.2U wii in real life.
I am using a 4gb sdhc card and a 8gb thumbdrive.

I used nusad to convert 3 diffrent games. nsmb,mpt, and wii sports
uneek boots up the game shows up in the disk channel but when i hit start it blackscreens.
right after i hit start the flashdrive light goes off a few times then it stops blinking.
I dont seem to get a dvd drive light flash/ error codes to happen.

I feel it should be something easy and that I am very close to getting it to work but ....

Thanks for your time in advance
In the DI menu press B and set your region to usa and mess with those options a bit.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
i've got one of these drives i picked up at walmart if someone can confirm it working or not, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148344

I have that drive (in silver). It works for me with SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+DI but only if I either:

1) Use the "No SD card + reset button" trick.
2) Modify the code as seen here: Slow USB drive fix

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I'm starting SNEEK from bootmii/boot2. It should work fine from bootmii/IOS. I don't know about priiloader->bootmii/IOS

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ChokeD said:
In the DI menu press 2 and set your region to usa and mess with those options a bit.
Don't you mean press B?
tongue.gif

take it easy bro!

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
jefffisher said:

I have that drive (in silver). It works for me with SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+DI but only if I either:

1) Use the "No SD card + reset button" trick.
2) Modify the code as seen here: Slow USB drive fix

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I'm starting SNEEK from bootmii/boot2. It should work fine from bootmii/IOS. I don't know about priiloader->bootmii/IOS
thank you this does seem like the problem i can't try it yet my little brother is using my wii to watch a movie but will very soon.
EDIT: i tried both the sd card reset method and launching bootmii from homebrew channel instead of boot2 neither worked.
i am now backing up my harddrive will do a format and try to compile sneek with the fixes

i like that third method sounds best, can anyone tell me if the following is possible?
have bootmii autostart homebrew channel then load sneek from in there? that way i can use my homebrew and sneek.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning