Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt get any flashes it goes straight to black screen and stays there.
no i havent tried standard sneek, guess i'll do that now

edit: plain sneek with no usb and no DI works fine it loaded in under ten seconds even the first time.
i guess the problem is something usb drive related, i'll try sneek+DI now

edit again: i used SNEEKInstaller GUI 0.1 beta 5 to build sneek+DI replaced the few files it made on my sd card and now it wont do anything again i guess it was DI and not usb that broke i will try uneek no DI now

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
just for some info, maybe it was me, maybe not.

Tested:

switch2sneek no longer worked on my HBCv7 34 or 58.

I'm pretty sure I tested it thoroughly but I could be wrong,

Fact is,

Bootmii Config Editor in the guide is a solid ass replacement for it.

BCE = edits bootmii.ini in 2 different folders (~bootmii & bootmii)
~bootmii = UNEEK(+DI)
bootmii = Empty folder

If 2 folders are present it goes straight to the
*Switch Menu --> press A --> shut down (Wiimote Power Button)
*Edit 1st bootmii.ini
*Edit 2nd ~bootmii.ini

No need for cIOS
also handles arguments

Try it, you'll like it.
switch2sneek worked fine for me in HBC 1.0.7 using IOS 61 both in and out of SNEEK, and works fine now as a channel but I believe does require sd access enable in SNEEK. Is there a channel available for the bootmii configurator? I didn't realize it would do switching I just thought it enabled/disabled. I'd like a channel for it in SNEEK due to the latest HBC not working

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
sneek works and uneek works, something with DI was preventing my wii from booting what did i do horribly wrong?
I bet its your USB Drive. Is there a game already on it? The drive must be in and on and a game must be on it for sneek-di to start. If that doesn't work try starting the wii without the sd card in, then pop the sd card in at the health screen and hit the reset button. That works really well for "slow" drives

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NReale3370 said:
jefffisher said:
sneek works and uneek works, something with DI was preventing my wii from booting what did i do horribly wrong?
I bet its your USB Drive. Is there a game already on it? The drive must be in and on and a game must be on it for sneek-di to start. If that doesn't work try starting the wii without the sd card in, then pop the sd card in at the health screen and hit the reset button. That works really well for "slow" drives
thanks i read the entire first page and swear there was no mention about needing a game on my drive before trying to boot.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha happens to the best of us. I think its buried in the SNEEK documentation somewhere. I wouldn't mind a DI mode that just starts sneek without DI if it doesn't find anything, I can't tell you how many times I forget to plug my flash drive in and then freak out cause SNEEK broke
laugh.gif

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having yet another problem, i put super smash brothers brawl and new super mario brothers on my harddrive and uneek+di is now booting however pressing 1 doesnt make a menu come up and going to the disc channel says unable to read disc.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel like an idiot, just checked no i do not have that file neither nusad or crediars installer gave it to me.
i thought i had everything installed where do i get that file

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks again a that kind of worked but i am retarded or something, i've only tried two games wiiplay which works fine and brawl which loads asks if you want to create a save and then white screens, a lot of virtual console and wiiware work aswell but castlevania rebirth also whitescreens after asking to create a save. did i do something wrong yet again or is it normal for some things just to not work?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried either game but no that doesn't seem normal. I've started new games on sneek and had no save file problems. Make sure you have the required IOS for each game though I doubt that's it

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i checked all ios's and they do infact seem to be there just to be sure i used nusd to download the latest of the ios's and installed on the emulated nand didnt help.

thanks for the reply btw

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A shortcut that might work is using an existing save file. the game might just not like writing the files for whatever reason. If it works and you can save you can just clear the profiles or whatever and start your own game

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try the older 4.2 versions of IOS's cause I had a problem with a few games when using newest revisions of active IOS's RE-umbrella corp and even wii sports wouldn't even boot

I used dop-mii to install earlier versions of the IOS's and the games worked a charm

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i will try moving to a 4.2 nand
edit: i deleted my old nand got a clean 4.2 thankfully with all the great help i've gotten here none of my previously fixed problems came up.
but still white screen on super smash brothers brawl.
i do have a usa wii and a U nand and my brawl was ripped from a retail american copy that works fine from disc and usb loader.
for the life of me i cant figure the problem

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used NUSAD or the AUTOinstaller when selecting SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI, they both would have given you a font.bin unless you made a wrong choice both times.

How are you converting your games over to UNEEK+DI format. ??

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
edit:If you used NUSAD or the AUTOinstaller when selecting SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI, they both would have given you a font.bin unless you made a wrong choice both times.
How are you converting your games over to UNEEK+DI format. ??
yes i did wiiplay works fine i will try some more later, it's not just brawl either castlevania rebirth for wiiware does it too so some disc games and some wiiware games white screen while others don't. sorry for causing so much trouble in your thread
edit whoops misread your post, i converted using wiijmanager and discex.5 tried both, both seem to work but white screen on brawl

2nd edit since you edited yours: i used the auto installer and the nusad install method both more than twice and never got that file don't know what happened maybe the link was down for it at the time or something
QUOTE(longtom1 @ Aug 18 2010, 08:28 PM) have you set the region in di menu by pressing B to get to the second page??

try installing IOS36-64-v1042 or v3351 to your nand and give it another go
yes i do everything is usa when i was on 4.3 nand it would default to eur and i would have to change it on every startup but now that i am on 4.2 everything in settings seems to be in order but game still wont play. i'll give that version of ios36 a go thanks

edit:i installed ios36-64-v1042 it did not help the white screen problem with brawl, i also ripped mario kart wii to sneek it played fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D