Homebrew Smash for Wii U stutters and freezes during Opening

Mac1leod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I decided to dump my physical Wii U games digitally and weirdly enough when I tested Smash Bros, the Opening stutters and freezes
for no apparent reason but seemingly runs fine afterwards, This was downloaded on an external hard-drive (issue?) through WUP Installer

My main goal was to install a 100% save file I found online through SaveMii but unfortunately it didn't work. ☹️
I was wondering if this happened to anyone else or do Wii U games have minor hiccups if played on a hard drive?

Mac1leod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The disc runs perfectly albeit with a few smudges, I thought was that the actual problem so I downloaded and tested
a pirated version to see if that would fix the issue but the results were the same. I'm thinking it could be the external drive I'm using, I have yet to try it on the system memory.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm.. If it is the external drive, weird it only affects this game. Could try it on another if you have access or as you say on nand if you got the space.

Are there any other peripherals plugged in?

Mac1leod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No other peripherals, I went and cleared up some space on the nand and it plays out normally, turns out it was the external drive all along, I suppose it can be ignored if I simply skipped it but I'd rather not have a slideshow for an opening and there'd likely be other problems I wouldn't know about.

Last edited by Mac1leod,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol