Hacking Smash Bros header? Works online but not with my header...

gigio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh cool, that is great! thank you, ok so, do you mind opening up your rom in the rom patcher 0.6 so i can see what chip manufacturer and chip id you are using?
haha, it's funny, i thought nintendo maybe blocked us from using other headers, and you thought nintendo blocked up from playing this game with gateway :D
and we both proved each other wrong, thanks buddy :)
hey hey cearp bro, wanna play sum smash online?? PM me

Reactions: cearp

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There are 1 or 2 games that work with out of region saves, but i think theyre the exception and not the rule.
Ah, I just figured there would be more than that. I know of Pokemon at least. But there's a chance it will work and if it doesn't someone might dump the eshop version, so it's worth renaming the rom to .3dz sooner rather than later if you haven't played it much yet.

Rhog45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks..I have to wait for R4i to update to play any of the latest games..honestly I only wanted to get the jpn smash so I can practice for beating my friends heads in in the English version ;-;

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
GW gave you a shout out in their latest video. All the flashcard companies lurk here too much :)

wow... very surprised they credited me for something so little, that's kind of them, it made me smile! (i think the same rebooting thing happens with monster hunter 4 too)

Don't defrag your Micro SD. It can damage your card.
I had the same problem, just followed some tips from other users and went fine.

Delete your Smash Rom from you Micro SD.
Open the RAR file and drop direclty from the RAR to your micro SD, don't drop it on desktop or another folder, just do it directly onto your micro sd card.
Works fine here.
so you have the game working with your own header? and before you tried this, you got an error with your own header but not with the one that came with it?
this seems advice for getting the game to work when it doesn't load, i never said anything about defragging, etc etc... but thanks

hey hey cearp bro, wanna play sum smash online?? PM me

yeah i'll send you a message ha thanks

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the rom that works online, the header has a chip id of 45F88090
when i inject my header, gateway rom patcher 0.6 tells me it it wrong for the current rom and that it will fix it, i click yes and the chip id it creates is 45F80090
so it gives me 45F80090, NOT 45F88090. using the one with the 8, or the 0, i still get a system error message when i try to connect...

i really have no idea where i am going wrong... :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
GRRRRRRRRRRR - I FINALLY GOT it working for me
i thought i understood how headers work??

i opened up the rom with injected header that worked online. it said the chip id was sandisk.
so that mean when i applied my pokemon header (that was 'macronix', not sandisk) - i changed it to sandisk...

i thought the game required the correct chip manfuacturer... not the cart id...
you get what i mean?

when i changed the manufacturer to macronix now it works fine online...
so the cart id IS related to the manufacturer? i thought it was 1 chip maunfacturer for 1 game, but in this case it seems not.

whatever... at least nintendo haven't locked us out like i was worried initially... thanks guys for the help

Reactions: octopus

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I've japanese 3ds, i downloaded patch 1.0.1 but i can't play online, i get a "service" error...why?

did you add a header? are you using the scene release (i am now), or the one before from the chinese sites?
change your chip manufacturer maybe

Titania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
did you add a header? are you using the scene release (i am now), or the one before from the chinese sites?

I really dunno, but i know they called it "AXCJ", i also renamed .3dz but nothing...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Just out of curiosity and I was thinking of doing, what made you change to the scene release?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I changed in the end, don't know why but I did but the game itself, excellent just wish I had online! I can see this taking the no.1 spot for online play over MK7 now.

I agree with you. This is my first smash experience properly, tried it on GC at a friends but never got into it, going to make an effort with this one, I can't get the hang of the controls at all though I'm really struggling, It's still fun though! can't wait for the EU/USA one.

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol