Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

undead_feature

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some issues switching up from 0.04 to the latest build. Says my dt00, dt01, and ls files aren't where they need to be. I have it open and all the directories appear to be working just fine. I ripped the game and re-ripped the patch myself. My previous version of sm4shexplorer was working just fine and could find the files in question.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    546.7 KB · Views: 308

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much just put the 3 because every other K.K. Slider song in the list already had it set there so I wanted it to be like the rest

Hey, would you be able to show me (in private or otherwise) how you got the song set up in Sm4shMusic to get K.K. to play it? I have it set up like this and it isn't working.
upload_2016-6-6_4-22-29.png

Only thing I think I may have done wrong is I set the Sub-index to 6 (the first six are 0-5 so I followed sequentially)

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So Mario_and_Sonic_Guy (who doesn't have an account here) PM'd over on my primary forum. He tells me:

The file, sound.msbt, contains a total of 2822 strings, but whenever Sm4shMusic creates a new one, it ends up removing the following 4 strings.

MsndN_Voice_3
MsndN_Voice_4
MsndN_Voice_5
MsndN_Voice_6

These four strings are used in the Voices category of the Sounds menu. Their presence is mandatory for figuring out which sound clips you're listening to, since without them, you're pretty much blind.
I haven't look into it personally, but he wanted me to pass the word along.
I've been having some issues switching up from 0.04 to the latest build. Says my dt00, dt01, and ls files aren't where they need to be. I have it open and all the directories appear to be working just fine. I ripped the game and re-ripped the patch myself. My previous version of sm4shexplorer was working just fine and could find the files in question.
I personally keep the patch in a separate folder.

This is how I do it:
Code:
288 (the patch folder)
-code
-content
----dt00
----dt01
----ls
-meta

Last edited by Segtendo,

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't look into it personally, but he wanted me to pass the word along.
Thanks for the report. It's easy to fix Ill do it asap.

For those having the dt issues, please read the OP, there are additional checks starting v0.06.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, i just updated to sm4sh explorer 0.07.1. I still get the same zlib errors and now my game freezes on the splash screen. My game version is 288. it worked before on 0.06 but i got the zlib error randomly when building the mod and it has stayed ever since. the last thing i can remember adding to it was files for unrestricted camera movement. The game region is USA. Language English. I have the full dump and patch.

This is the error i got again just in case:

Error extracting 'data/param/ui/chara_make_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
Error extracting 'data/param/ui/simple_diffi.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
Error extracting 'data/param/ui/stage_make_set_param.bin', error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

Can you please give me the crc32 you get in your official patch with data/param/packed (or data/param/ui/packed i forgot) as well as the crc32 of your resource files (resource and resource(us_en) at least.

ILLUMM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how that could be related to sm4shmusic considering that these files are not touched by sm4shmusic at all...

Quick answer: I don't know, if this was happening to more people Id consider it a bug, whereas right now I tend towards user error while setting your environment.

Longer answer: Most of us use the US region, latest version. This doesn't happen if your source if a clean game, clean patch 288, and environment is set up properly.
The must-know in order to help properly:
Label
: Kind of title for the bug you're having
Sm4shexplorer version used: (0.04? 0.06? 0.07?) Very important. Also it's nice to mention if something that previously worked on a version is broken with a new one.
Game version: 208/244/288? Custom? Do you really use all the official files.
Game region: EUR/USA/JPN?
Language used: yes, it can make a huge difference
Environment setting: Do you only have the patch or do you have the full dump + patch. This is REALLY important as a LOT of problems have to do with people not setting up their environment as intended.

It only seems to be happening after I edit the music files and where they appear.

0.07, kept happening since the first version
USA
English
Full Dump and Patch

DiamondJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got into this modding scene. All i was able to accomplish was getting custom music on through loadiin.
What I REALLY wanna do is make custom textures for characters, and here I am.

I'm stuck with trying to open sm4shfileexplorer, mostly because it comes up as a Visual Studio File or a Visual C# project file, and according to other tutorials as well as this one, I have to activate it.

Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong?
What's up with Sm4shFileExplorer pt1.JPG
What's up with Sm4shFileExplorer pt2.JPG
What's up with Sm4shFileExplorer pt3.JPG

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
I just recently got into this modding scene. All i was able to accomplish was getting custom music on through loadiin.
What I REALLY wanna do is make custom textures for characters, and here I am.

I'm stuck with trying to open sm4shfileexplorer, mostly because it comes up as a Visual Studio File or a Visual C# project file, and according to other tutorials as well as this one, I have to activate it.

Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong?View attachment 51962 View attachment 51961 View attachment 51963

You downloaded the source code, not the executable.

Check the attached files under the first post of this thread.

Goldmoon811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the report. It's easy to fix Ill do it asap.

For those having the dt issues, please read the OP, there are additional checks starting v0.06.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you please give me the crc32 you get in your official patch with data/param/packed (or data/param/ui/packed i forgot) as well as the crc32 of your resource files (resource and resource(us_en) at least.
How do i give them to you? Sorry i am new. lol

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I have to wonder, the music editor this has, what file does it changes?

I want to edit the names for the custom songs I added.

However, I currently serve as the user who distribute the patches for skins we decide to add in my group of friends in the smash community here (the others can't get the game in a PC due to various, external reasons) and I want to mod the music names, but only for me, since the other users either have their own songs or don't have one at all.

Which files contains the music names, so I can build a patch with my song names, and then I could simply remove said file from the workspace in order to make a patch without the edited music names?

Last edited by gridatttack,

DiamondJustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You downloaded the source code, not the executable.

Check the attached files under the first post of this thread.

Wait, now windows defender is saying that a virus is detected in each of the files.
Either way I can't download them with whatever browser i use.
You didn't have any personal problem downloading these files did you?
I'm sorry if I sound rude, I just want to be as careful as possible with viruses...
Potential Virus issue.JPG
Potential Virus issue part 2.JPG

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That seems to be a problem with Chrome.

It's a false positive. There's nothing wrong with the files. Just try downloading it on Microsoft Edge (since I see you're on Windows 10).

Also have a suggestion (if possible): a way to download updates as they become available?

Last edited by Segtendo,

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I'm having this recurring issue with custom music. On two stages now, Mushroom Kingdom U and Smashville, the last songs don't save in My Music. I'm also having an issue (which I think is related, but maybe not since it's only happened on Mushroom Kingdom U) where sometimes the stage loads, but no music plays.

My theory is that there is a limit to how many songs a stage can support, but to my knowledge, there isn't a list containing that information... If there is, a link would be appreciated, because I'm trying to get this mod pack finished so I can release it within the next week.

FightingPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: ERROR BGM ID [XX] was not found for Sound '[XXX] - BLANK', reverting to '[MY FIRST ADDED TRACK]'. Please check this Sound ID and fix it if needed.
Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1
Game version: 288 all official
Game region: USA
Language used: English US
Environment setting: Full dump + Patch

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 328

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat