Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for some reason, Fourside (which was supposed to go to Onett) landed on Battlefield, alongside other songs. And the software says it should be on Onett. Confused.
Can you provide more details on what exactly you modded?

Also, hey gameonion, didn't expect to see you here :P

ToonQuill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will the load/save configuration bug for sm4sh sound be fixed in the next update? Any ETA for that update too, if that's alright?

gameonion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you provide more details on what exactly you modded?

Also, hey gameonion, didn't expect to see you here :P
I tried getting the song "Fourside" from Smash Melee onto Onett, but now it's on Battlefield instead for some reason.

EDIT

It's in the Menu selection too, aaaaa

CjEa02fW0AIgdVm.jpg

CjEa14dWYAAq1Vw.jpg

Last edited by gameonion,

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried getting the song "Fourside" from Smash Melee onto Onett, but now it's on Battlefield instead for some reason.

EDIT

It's in the Menu selection too, aaaaa

... Can you pm me with your workspace attached?
I know Ive had problems like that in the non released version but it was due to index being ready differently by the game.

AmNavySeal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The default blank slots do work and Sm4shMusic 0.4 fixes the remix/original issue. People just have to re-enter the song's information again by deleting sound.msbt and the ui_sound_db.bin from the data folders.

Thank you for this, however:
- Blank do work, but you need to read what the different properties do and change them, version 0.4 does that for you. Properties are important and should be understood before spending hours modding your musics.

- Remix/Original bug is fixed in 0.4, but you need a "clean" msbt to work with.

Thanks, updated with this info.

http://sm4sh-hacking-research.wikia.com/wiki/Sm4sh_Music

ToonQuill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sent the version in the first post.
XML Loading still need intense testing from people who have lots of songs added (= not me)
Awesome, this worked perfectly! I plan to add a lot more songs, so I'll let you know if I have anymore issues.

Also, you should probably switch the explanation for 'Original' and 'SmashOriginal'. SmashOriginal's explaination says it gives the song the 'Original' tag, but it's actually just 'Original' that does that. 'SmashOriginal' is for songs like the Menu which have its origins within the game, so it doesn't display anything. It threw me off a little at first.

Pib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can deleting files when you build the mod please be optional? before 0.06.2 i could have it set up where the patch and sound folders would export to the appropriate place on my sd card automatically, and it was super convenient. now i can't do that, because it deletes the content folder. it could at least delete the contents of the content folder!

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can deleting files when you build the mod please be optional? before 0.06.2 i could have it set up where the patch and sound folders would export to the appropriate place on my sd card automatically, and it was super convenient. now i can't do that, because it deletes the content folder. it could at least delete the contents of the content folder!
Sure, could only delete content, the whole idea behind is to avoid people having issues because they remove mods but the packed files stay in the export folder.

Awesome, this worked perfectly! I plan to add a lot more songs, so I'll let you know if I have anymore issues.

Also, you should probably switch the explanation for 'Original' and 'SmashOriginal'. SmashOriginal's explaination says it gives the song the 'Original' tag, but it's actually just 'Original' that does that. 'SmashOriginal' is for songs like the Menu which have its origins within the game, so it doesn't display anything. It threw me off a little at first.
Sure, will change that tonight :) I was kind of confused by the difference myself lol.

Same, will look at it tonight!

normal19

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is it possible to replace victory BGM with Sm4shexplorer? They don't appear in the music editor and the sound/bgm folder isn't in the treeview.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone get an error when trying to get the libvgmstream.dll to load in Smash4Sound? Even though the file is in the actual folder, it gives an HRESULT: 0x8007007E error...

Last edited by epicmartin7,

EternalSaiyan96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, changing all the victory BGM was my favorite thing about modding Brawl, looking forward to it
You can do that without using Sm4shExplorer. Just name your nus3bank if you made one yourself the appropriate file name for the victory theme you want to replace, and put it in your bgm folder on your SD card. Or, if you use BrawlCustomMusic, go to the song you want to download, click "Download or add template for" and choose Smash Wii U, then another box will appear under that you can click on that'll give you a list of all the songs to replace. Just find the victory theme for the character you want it to be for, then hit "Download NUS3BANK" and put it in your bgm folder on your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password