Hacking Slower GBA mode performance when booted from DSTT!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yes,
Whenever I use my DSTT to go into GBA mode (which I have a G6 Lite there), everything is slower, even the GAME BOY's logo draws slower.
Its like having a frameskip setting set to 2 (from 10) and its more obvious in games like Castevania which you can tell that it has less frames!

Is there a setting or something for GBA mode provided by DSTT?

damn.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given the contents of your last few posts on here, I really think you've got a bum unit.
frown.gif

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get any slowdown when booting my EFA2 through my DSTT's GBA mode. Your last few posts have been about slow GBA mode and your DSTT periodically not being recognized, respectively. I hate to say it, but it sounds to me like you've got a bum unit on your hands.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the DSTT is failing to boot the G6 correctly by itself, try some different software.

Try using gbaswitch.nds to boot the G6 in GBA mode. Alternately, try using a superkey rom to boot the G6 in DS mode, and then switch to GBA mode from there.

I've uploaded both of them for your convenience: http://mihd.net/it0y3n

(note to moderators: I got the Superkey rom from the download center, so don't tell me not to post roms)

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can verify having the same issue when booting my G6L in GBA mode with both DSTT units. Almost makes gameplay seem "blurry".

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thank you Bot,
I didnt use the roms u uploaded but if I use DSTT to act as Passme and then go to GBA mode from there, it works but as the price of going to DS side of G6 as a waste step.

Also its sorting is stupid, I renamed my roms correctly and since my good old FATsort is not working due to being FAT32, I used DriveSort but it doesnt sort them correctly and Urza said that there is possibility of curruption too, So is there a better program to sort the drive?

What about its paging system (GUI), When I press right to go to next page, it shows some random roms, sometimes just goes one row down, sometimes a whole page, is it DSTT's menu system or my device is faulty?

Does protein work on DSTT? what about dsDoom? they stopped working.

I think I'm gonna get back to G6 Lite and use DSTT for the time when they abandon G6 Lite.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the DSTT is failing to boot the G6 correctly by itself, try some different software.

Try using gbaswitch.nds to boot the G6 in GBA mode. Alternately, try using a superkey rom to boot the G6 in DS mode, and then switch to GBA mode from there.

Same issue occurs when using gbaswitch.

At this point, I think it would just be easier to pop out the DSTT when booting if you want to access the slot-2 cart in GBA mode.

QUOTE said:
dsdoom is running fine here.

I used DriveSort but it doesnt sort them correctly and Urza said that there is possibility of curruption too, So is there a better program to sort the drive?
Only happened the first time I tried sorting. Formatted the drive and have used it about 10 times since successfully.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thank you Bot,
I didnt use the roms u uploaded but if I use DSTT to act as Passme and then go to GBA mode from there, it works but as the price of going to DS side of G6 as a waste step.

i think this method is better than popping up the card.

Also its sorting is stupid, I renamed my roms correctly and since my good old FATsort is not working due to being FAT32, I used DriveSort but it doesnt sort them correctly and Urza said that there is possibility of curruption too, So is there a better program to sort the drive?

Urza, Do you have this problem? DriveSort semi-sorts the files, it sorts them but some random files are out of order, there is no such problem with FAT16.

What about its paging system (GUI), When I press right to go to next page, it shows some random roms, sometimes just goes one row down, sometimes a whole page, is it DSTT's menu system or my device is faulty?

I think its paging system is like this and has a small bug that when you press right initially, it goes to first rom of next 4 roms, instead of second page, first rom.

QUOTE(test84 @ Jan 30 2008, 12:23 PM)

Did you check this one on DSTT too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1