Slot-2 Card for DS Phat?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Fynolt, Nov 10, 2009.

Nov 10, 2009

Slot-2 Card for DS Phat? by Fynolt at 4:40 PM (901 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Fynolt
    OP

Newcomer Fynolt Member

United States
    Hello gbatemp!

Well, as the title of my post states, I'm in the market for a good slot-2 card. While there are several good options out there for those with a DS Lite, I still have my original DS "Phat", and see no reason to upgrade right now. My problem however is that all of the slot 2 cards I've seen for the DS have been Lite exclusive due to their size. So, my question is, is there a good, (relatively) cheap slot-2 card for the original DS?

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    First off, I'll never recommend any 3in1 solution. I just don't like 'em. A full dedicated slot2 cart is the ultimate way to go on a DS, IMO.

Usually, I'd recommend an M3 Perfect (NOT Pro), but they aren't made anymore and are quite difficult to find, but they were the best in their day. So your only real options now are an EZFlash IV or a Supercard, but if you want it for GBA gaming, I'd avoid the Supercard because of the way it slows down in many GBA games.

3. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Another vote to EZ Flash IV, I have had it for 2 years now, and it still works perfectly.
    Also never found a game that didn't work for it (GBA that is, don't know about NDS)