Gaming Skyward Sword Texture Pack for Twilight Princess Project

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks really awesome!

I have about 300 textures done.
What's the approximate up-to-date value of this number? And what's the total amount of textures in TP, to the nearest 50-100 or so?

I can't wait till you finish this!

PS: Is there any chance that you will do the opposite (i.e. TP texture pack for SS) once you finish this? Or not at all? Because that would be absolutely amazing as well!

disbala

The Great Deku Tree
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks really awesome!

What's the approximate up-to-date value of this number? And what's the total amount of textures in TP, to the nearest 50-100 or so?

I can't wait till you finish this!

PS: Is there any chance that you will do the opposite (i.e. TP texture pack for SS) once you finish this? Or not at all? Because that would be absolutely amazing as well!

What's the approximate up-to-date value of this number?
I have about 400 textures done.

And what's the total amount of textures in TP?
I'd guess there is about 3000? I have no idea though.

Is there any chance that you will do the opposite (i.e. TP texture pack for SS) once you finish this?
I've already tested this before, and it looked pretty bad I must say. The shading in SS is also less forgiving and the way textures scale make realistic textures appear very muddy. (See this)
In short, most likely not.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aftershock.. Checking it out now thanks
The link's are for character textures which is cool. Also, the download links have issues cutting out etc i finally finished downloading lol. :D

How do you make textures, do you make them from scratch.. or just mod the current ones cleaning them up?

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have about 400 (out of ~3000?) textures done.
Oh wow. Well good luck.

Seeing as it's gonna take a while for you to finish this, maybe you could release some beta (or even alpha) versions time to time? Some people, including me, won't really mind if it's only partly done (and even if there are modified textures mixed with original ones everywhere =P), and will just want to take a look at the areas that are already mostly done and be able to experience the new textures (even if not in the whole game) for themselves. You could just release it as a texture folder right now, to be used with Dolphin.

Is there any chance that you will do the opposite (i.e. TP texture pack for SS) once you finish this?
I've already tested this before, and it looked pretty bad I must say. The shading in SS is also less forgiving and the way textures scale make realistic textures appear very muddy. (See this)
In short, most likely not.

Ah I see... I think it might be possible to modify the shaders, but I don't think it will be easy, and probably not worth the effort.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww ..there's some way to inject it on a WW backup, and play it on a wii/gc ? (seems unlikely, but doesn't hurt to ask..)
Usually you just replace the vanilla files with the modifed ones, but keep in mind: the emulator is as (somewhat) powerful as your hardware. The GameCube is definitely not as powerful. For example, if one of these textures is absurdly huge/unoptimized, you could easily have a large chunk of the system RAM being taken up by a single texture. So expect a performance hit.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if one of these textures is absurdly huge/unoptimized, you could easily have a large chunk of the system RAM being taken up by a single texture
Yup ...that's what I was thinking about.. it's not optimized to run on real hardware for sure (also seems like some of the texture tweaks are specific made based on how Dolphin process and see games ...so, some of the changes could even not work on real hardware..)

When trying on a real wii/gc, I would be interested only on a lag free optimized version of this mod ..but I don't know how possible/easy it would be though..

FireFox01

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Love this project, I could finally enjoy TP, without that ochre pallete.

This is, the one thing, I ask.
Remove those awful goron-nipples.

l7an.png
w1mp.png

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Lol, everywhere i see posted this, besides this one, i only see " TP graphics were better! " or so, but man, truly, this is awesome, so forget the ones who don't want this to be this made, and good luck with it, cause is really amazing!!!

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
This one, and the Wind Waker HD one, are truly amazing.
If I may nitpick a bit, that second village palette seems to have too much green.
After all, it's on the bottom of Death Mountain, and a massacre was implied to have happened there.

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Dude this texture pack is beautiful! I rate it above tyandersons! (no offense to him).
If you every decide to do a beta for the pack, Imma play the **** out of it.
anyway i've told a lot of my zelda buddies about this project,
and it's safe to say you have all of out support.
Cant wait to see this in action!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.