Skyward Sword Texture Pack for Twilight Princess Project

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by disbala, Mar 28, 2013.

1. boomario

boomario Nothing to say here.

Oct 31, 2012
    Brazil
    That's right my question to OP, sorry for don't expressing that good in words.

2. disbala
    OP

disbala The Great Deku Tree

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2012
    Canada
    University of Waterloo

Ya same textures for twilight realm.

3. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Tr
    There's also a HUGE difference in the PAL vs NTSC versions of the game.
    The PAL release has a known bug that screws up the 480P output resulting is Blurry image on PAL discs.
    NTSC Version does not have this problem, it's pin sharp.

4. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    i'm playing the ntsc version

5. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I played the NTSC version, and enjoyed the bloom. It was an effect that contributed to the game's atmopshere, and it set the game apart from all the other entry in the series. I also didn't feel it was overdone--it was an effect, not a saturation. It contributed to the overall feeling of anomie, and anomaly, in the game.

I value having different experiences, and the graphic style of the original Twilight Princess--and this texture remodel--both off their own unique styles of game.

6. Mudkip97

Mudkip97 Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2013
    Canada
    I hope Link's voice in SS is in TP

7. disbala
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2012
    Canada
    University of Waterloo

This is a texture pack.

8. 1. How is Link left handed if this is the Wii version? Is it a cheat/hack I don't remember?
    2. I know its just a texture hack, but what are the chances for a full character import/swap for Skyward Sword Link in place of Twilight Princess Link? Thats probably a stretch though, but it would be cool.

9. disbala
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2012
    Canada
    University of Waterloo

1. Hackadoodledoo
    2. No chance, I'm not a miracle worker

SoupaFace likes this.
  10. Fair enough, can't wait for final product. Take your time and have fun with it :yaywii:

disbala likes this.
  11. boomario

boomario Nothing to say here.

Oct 31, 2012
    Brazil
    Can you, for just curiosity, show us how is twillight realm with your textures?

12. Celice

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Though it is certainly possible to port over the model, its skeleton, and its textures. I don't know if it's at the right proportions as the TP Link, which might make some items or structures seem a little too big or too small, but if the models are fairly similar in size, you could probably get away with a smooth port.

13. Isle41

Isle41 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Wow! Now I won't be scared of the spiders!

Looks great, can't believe how detailed it is...
    Good Luck, definately will try this out.

But the opening could use work...

14. While I think it would have been cool to have SS Link in this project, he also has different animations and physics like the sprinting mechanic which I forgot about. The game would probably crash if this was done, but I'm kinda out of my league to talk on the subject.

15. My favorite part of this texture project is how it harkens back to the original Wind Waker 2.0 look that Twilight Princess apparently had before it went the "realistic" route. The Wind Waker bombs are still in the games code anyway and can be accessed through cheats, if anyone needs proof. The project as a whole is perfect because the textures as they are in Twilight Princess have become very dated.

16. Celice

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    That's fairly simple to address. Just use the the TP Link skeleton in place of the SS Link skeleton. That's why I previously mentioned that the size of the model pose an initial problem. But so long as the SS and TP model are somewhat similar in size and space, the skeletons should be fine, thus making all animations compatible.

That's to have the visual cue of an SS Link. That's not to say anything about bringing over SS Link animations... which aren't really as useful or interesting to both with, when compared with a model replacement.

17. Oh, OK Celice. Now I understand what you meant, but I didn't know you could put a player model from a newer game into an older one. Thank you for the information.

18. For the project here though, would it be possible to re-texture the items with their Skyward Sword counterparts. Bow, bombs, claw shots, etc. The one thing this needs for sure is a retextured wooden sword, that thing was terrible and ugly. Sorry for straying off topic to model importing.

19. disbala
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2012
    Canada
    University of Waterloo
    For most of them I think so

20. disbala
    OP

Newcomer