Gaming Skyward Sword Texture Pack for Twilight Princess Project

Bre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to the earlier music comments, I imagine you were thinking of changing tracks more orchestral (aka Twilight Symphony)?

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that, so I can't really help you. Perhaps try asking around forums that focus on ripping music files from games, they might know methods to achieve the reverse

disbala

The Great Deku Tree
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In response to the earlier music comments, I imagine you were thinking of changing tracks more orchestral (aka Twilight Symphony)?

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that, so I can't really help you. Perhaps try asking around forums that focus on ripping music files from games, they might know methods to achieve the reverse

Most of the music you hear in twilight princess are in a midi-like format, so replacing them with orchestral tracks is basically out of the question.
However, i'm sure someone could replace the midi files if they knew the format.

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The format is .bms and there is no midi to bms converter floating around the internet yet, at least not one that I know of. There has only been a way to extract midi from bms from certain games that use them like twilight princess..

M97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the music you hear in twilight princess are in a midi-like format, so replacing them with orchestral tracks is basically out of the question.

You could always replace some tracks with either Skyward Sword's music or even the 25th anniversary disk's music.
Just saying.

maxove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really cool, but is there any chance of a project m style casual mod for use on a Wii/ Wii U? I know lot's of people would be interested in this and taking off the emulator hitch would help it gain popularity and usability.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to see another screenshot of your progress?
I'd love to try this out, but I have yet to see a download link or instructions.
Good Luck, and keep us updated! :D

redAPPLE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it safe to assume this project has been abandoned? 20+ days have gone by without much as a comment by Disbala, and around a month without any relevant information.

redAPPLE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They already have HD textures for this game on the dolphin site. these are nice and clean tho well done!

Really? I didn't know that, but I'm kinda disappointed since these were Skyward Sword textures, but meh, what you gonna do, right? Wish I knew how to edit textures.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already have HD textures for this game on the dolphin site. these are nice and clean tho well done!
I thought those looked kinda like ass, personally :<
Really? I didn't know that, but I'm kinda disappointed since these were Skyward Sword textures, but meh, what you gonna do, right? Wish I knew how to edit textures.
When playing in Dolphin, there should be an option to dump any textures that are loaded. You then locate these textures and edit them however you please, if you'll be loading them in Dolphin. Then you should be able to tell the emulator to load whatever textures were dumped.

That's the basics of it. You shouldn't have to worry about any color or size restrictions as long as you're using Dolphin. But still, I wouldn't go about creating 1024x1024 textures for the hell of it, either :P

redAPPLE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I thought those looked kinda like ass, personally :<

When playing in Dolphin, there should be an option to dump any textures that are loaded. You then locate these textures and edit them however you please, if you'll be loading them in Dolphin. Then you should be able to tell the emulator to load whatever textures were dumped.

That's the basics of it. You shouldn't have to worry about any color or size restrictions as long as you're using Dolphin. But still, I wouldn't go about creating 1024x1024 textures for the hell of it, either :P

Nah, I was thinking of continuing this, but I don't know if I would have the time or even the resources (My PC isn't exactly outdated, but I've heard Dolphin is really taxing).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work