• Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of this fella has the game or not if he's not gonna upload it? It makes no difference. :)

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone knows when it will be release ? Hopefully til Fridaynight ?

Depends on if someone is daring enough to upload it his/herself, or if someone who is a member of one of the release groups happens to live in Switzerland. I'm sure it'll leak soon enough (the probability is exponentially higher now that it's in the hand of people who didn't have to sign any contracts with Nintendo), but we have to be patient. I'm sure the story of that NSMBWii guy doesn't help things (which does make me wonder if it was all part of a PR stunt to prevent such things from happening again)

I have played many PAL region games before (Xenoblade being the most recent) but I have always wondered: Are there any drawbacks of playing a PAL game on an NTSC console? Like graphic-wise or something like that? I have never noticed something like that, but I just want to be sure. I want to play Skyward Sword at it best!

As long as the PAL game supports 60hz (which they all should by this point) there shouldn't be any drawbacks. The main difference between PAL60 and NTSC is how the color information is sent. If you see color, then your Wii is outputting NTSC. And the color information standard is irrelevant if you're using component cables.
Well, as it was said, he did post his very own bill, before leaking it... not the smartest move, if you don't want to be caught.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played many PAL region games before (Xenoblade being the most recent) but I have always wondered: Are there any drawbacks of playing a PAL game on an NTSC console? Like graphic-wise or something like that? I have never noticed something like that, but I just want to be sure. I want to play Skyward Sword at it best!

Graphically the native 50Hz PAL signal is accually a little better in the line of resolution. 640 x 576i or 720 x 576i ( wide screen )
Progressive modes are both the same 480p.

This is true of movies, but generally not of games. The game is still internally rendered at 640x480 (or 320x240 for older consoles) Most 50hz games simply have borders.

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nope there are no issues playing pal games on a ntsc. sometimes, when pal users play ntsc games, they only can play them in black and white cuz pal tv's have 50hz tvs and us have 60hz tvts. but since there are hdtvs out there this isn't aproblem anylonger

Someone knows when it will be release ? Hopefully til Fridaynight ?

Depends on if someone is daring enough to upload it his/herself, or if someone who is a member of one of the release groups happens to live in Switzerland. I'm sure it'll leak soon enough (the probability is exponentially higher now that it's in the hand of people who didn't have to sign any contracts with Nintendo), but we have to be patient. I'm sure the story of that NSMBWii guy doesn't help things (which does make me wonder if it was all part of a PR stunt to prevent such things from happening again)

As long as the PAL game supports 60hz (which they all should by this point) there shouldn't be any drawbacks. The main difference between PAL60 and NTSC is how the color information is sent. If you see color, then your Wii is outputting NTSC. And the color information standard is irrelevant if you're using component cables.

Thank you both very much for the fast answer! I thought it was irrelevant but just wanted to be sure. I use component cables so I am good to go :)

sparktenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the point of this fella has the game or not if he's not gonna upload it? It makes no difference. :)

I just like knowing someone has it. some one one will leak it eventually. I know it's tough but be patient and we'll have our game.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Graphically the native 50Hz PAL signal is accually a little better in the line of resolution. 640 x 576i or 720 x 576i ( wide screen )
Progressive modes are both the same 480p.

This is true of movies, but generally not of games. The game is still internally rendered at 640x480 (or 320x240 for older consoles) Most 50hz games simply have borders.

It a choosable option in the wii settings of PAL Wii's. The resolution is higher. NTSC > 640 x 480 60Hz PAL 640 x 576 50Hz.
60Hz or Progressive mode adds a higer framerate though.

CJay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MmToR.jpg

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey CJay, it's been 5 minutes ;) (Just hitting f5 continuously waiting on this leak myself, like all 484 people here.)

Holy shit nevermind you updated as I posted. NICE. Have fun man!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
CJay, if you know of some certain Wii game dump forums try and get in contact with one of the main uploaders there. You can then use a proxy to give him the file then he can re-upload it for you. But of course, we wouldn't know it was you who leaked it.

Just an idea if you are willing to go ahead with it. (Even if you do, do NOT say that you will on here, otherwise you may be traced. You'll just have to be one of these many unsung heros ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch