Hacking Skyward Sword reboots to Wii menu on wiiflow (vwii)

RenegadeRampage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Title sums the problem up. Everytime I launch skyward sword on Wiiflow (on Wii U) the game goes back to the wii menu. I tried tampering with the setting in Wiiflow but the closest I was able to get was showing the loading bar at the bottom of the screen after changing the ios to 251. All of my other backups are working fine, this seems to be the only game that is causing issues.

As a fyi I'm using a Wii motion plus remote but this is my first motion plus game playing on my system.

Any help would be thankful.

Edit: Just tried playing Wii Sports Resorts and Im getting the same problem as Skyward Sword.

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW, I did not have this problem.

Installed d2x cios beta 52, used default IOS for Skyward Sword, NTSC copy (ripped from an original disc using USB Loader GX, not a scene rip) and it boots and plays just fine... That said I am using USB Loader GX and not Wiiflow.. Perhaps that alone is the problem?

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Sports Resort has an issue with the introductory video. Personally, I put the disc in, played past that video and saved, and it worked fine with any loader after that. If you don't have the retail disc "available" to you right now, downloading a savefile from the web that gets you past the intro video should do the trick.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to watch the WM+ video. Alt-dol and select player.dol from the list in the options. You only need to do this once.
Since d2x v6 there's no need to select player.dol manually because cIOS reload is fully supported and the video should start automatically if you've never watched it before on that console. FIX94 tested WSR for me on his vWii without any issue.
I think that the issue encountered by the OP is due to something different.

RenegadeRampage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Problem fixed. I used wiiscrubber to extract the .dol file from Wii sports resorts then renamed it to RZTE.dol, made a Neogamma folder on the root of the SD card and placed the renamed .dol file in the folder. From there, I booted up NeoGamma R9 Beta 56 from the HBC, go in the options change the settings to boot the alt-dol. This made the WM+ video play which was my problem. Once when the video finished, I change the alt-dol option off and booted the games and now they work fine in Neogamma and Wiiflow.

For a video tutorial, I found this youtube video which basically show what I mentioned above.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hLjNdRqlfA
Download link for Neogamma R9 Beta 56: http://www.mediafire.com/?2juqub222a7ul7v

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@RenegadeRampage
That's really weird.
If you can successfully launch the wm+ video and come back to the game menu after wathing the video then d2x reload is working perfectly.

clay.r.08

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
h92079eb9.png

before i started using the dx software, i had the same problem with sports resort and zelda skyward sword
i used to mod people's wii's before and before i started using dx,
i would set one loader like wiifow with the dol that makes them watch the video, and another loader like up usb loader gx with the dol that lets them play after they have played the video

i didnt even tell them , i just figured they would try both loaders and play the games

now i use dx files and dont have to do that anymore

by the way it would of been alot easier if you found the option for boot dol by clicking on the game settings or installed a dx cios 52
2w6t2io.png

pelo88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably that you're using the wrong usb port. With the default instructions the d2x-v10-beta52-vWii cIOS only likes the top USB port on the back
5 - USB port to use is the UPPER one (considering the WiiU laying on a table as a standard DVD player):
usbj.jpg

This was my issue.
Also NeoGamma doesn't work with wii motion plus wiimotes yet. There is a patched version or u can compile it yourself, but I'm not using a wbfs partition I'm using regular fat32 as I share my USB drive with my jailbroken PS3 ;)
Must say it all works AMAZINGLY well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!