Skyward Sword reboots to Wii menu on wiiflow (vwii)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by RenegadeRampage, Feb 3, 2013.

1. RenegadeRampage
    OP

Newcomer RenegadeRampage Newbie

Canada
    Title sums the problem up. Everytime I launch skyward sword on Wiiflow (on Wii U) the game goes back to the wii menu. I tried tampering with the setting in Wiiflow but the closest I was able to get was showing the loading bar at the bottom of the screen after changing the ios to 251. All of my other backups are working fine, this seems to be the only game that is causing issues.

As a fyi I'm using a Wii motion plus remote but this is my first motion plus game playing on my system.

Any help would be thankful.

Edit: Just tried playing Wii Sports Resorts and Im getting the same problem as Skyward Sword.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You need to watch the WM+ video. Alt-dol and select player.dol from the list in the options. You only need to do this once.

3. RenegadeRampage
    OP

Canada
    Where is the alt dol option located? I cannot find it under the game and system options. Thank you

4. n1ckn4m3

Newcomer n1ckn4m3 Member

United States
    FWIW, I did not have this problem.

Installed d2x cios beta 52, used default IOS for Skyward Sword, NTSC copy (ripped from an original disc using USB Loader GX, not a scene rip) and it boots and plays just fine... That said I am using USB Loader GX and not Wiiflow.. Perhaps that alone is the problem?

5. GolekGowalski

Newcomer GolekGowalski Just a random penguin passing by

Poland
    I'm having the same problem with my Super Paper Mario NTSC-U rip.

6. ruiner9

Newcomer ruiner9 Member

United States
    Wii Sports Resort has an issue with the introductory video. Personally, I put the disc in, played past that video and saved, and it worked fine with any loader after that. If you don't have the retail disc "available" to you right now, downloading a savefile from the web that gets you past the intro video should do the trick.

7. davebaol

Member davebaol GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    Since d2x v6 there's no need to select player.dol manually because cIOS reload is fully supported and the video should start automatically if you've never watched it before on that console. FIX94 tested WSR for me on his vWii without any issue.
    I think that the issue encountered by the OP is due to something different.

8. PrimeX

Member PrimeX GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    Played Sports Resort without any problem, intro was ok. Using WiiFlow

9. lampjese

Newcomer lampjese Advanced Member

Netherlands
    No problems here using the d2x-v10-beta52 and usb loader gx.
    I have bin playing this game for hours now, whitout any problems.

10. RenegadeRampage
    OP

Canada
    Problem fixed. I used wiiscrubber to extract the .dol file from Wii sports resorts then renamed it to RZTE.dol, made a Neogamma folder on the root of the SD card and placed the renamed .dol file in the folder. From there, I booted up NeoGamma R9 Beta 56 from the HBC, go in the options change the settings to boot the alt-dol. This made the WM+ video play which was my problem. Once when the video finished, I change the alt-dol option off and booted the games and now they work fine in Neogamma and Wiiflow.

For a video tutorial, I found this youtube video which basically show what I mentioned above.
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hLjNdRqlfA
    Download link for Neogamma R9 Beta 56: http://www.mediafire.com/?2juqub222a7ul7v

11. davebaol

Member davebaol GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    @RenegadeRampage
    That's really weird.
    If you can successfully launch the wm+ video and come back to the game menu after wathing the video then d2x reload is working perfectly.

12. clay.r.08

Banned clay.r.08 Banned

United States
    [​IMG]
    before i started using the dx software, i had the same problem with sports resort and zelda skyward sword
    i used to mod people's wii's before and before i started using dx,
    i would set one loader like wiifow with the dol that makes them watch the video, and another loader like up usb loader gx with the dol that lets them play after they have played the video

i didnt even tell them , i just figured they would try both loaders and play the games

now i use dx files and dont have to do that anymore

by the way it would of been alot easier if you found the option for boot dol by clicking on the game settings or installed a dx cios 52
    [​IMG]

13. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    It sounds like you need to update your cIOS.

14. pelo88

Newcomer pelo88 Newbie

United States
    It's probably that you're using the wrong usb port. With the default instructions the d2x-v10-beta52-vWii cIOS only likes the top USB port on the back
    5 - USB port to use is the UPPER one (considering the WiiU laying on a table as a standard DVD player):
    [​IMG]

This was my issue.
    Also NeoGamma doesn't work with wii motion plus wiimotes yet. There is a patched version or u can compile it yourself, but I'm not using a wbfs partition I'm using regular fat32 as I share my USB drive with my jailbroken PS3 ;)
    Must say it all works AMAZINGLY well.