Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think they are planning to spoil everything. We of already seen footage of like all but one or two dungeons. Unless the game is a lot longer than I think, we will have seen all the dungeons (except for maybe the last one) before the game even leaks. One of my favorite things about TP was that for most of the game you didn't know what was coming next (who saw the temple of time thing coming?), but for SS, I feel like Nintendo has more or less ruined that. I will still play (and I'm sure love) SS, but I wish I could get some of the surprise back, but I can't help but watch the new trailers, as for just a moment they make SS seem that much closer.

And awe, first deleted posts. New rule clarification added to first post.

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since ALttP there hasn't been so much of a surprise effect anymore... For in ALttP you didn't really count on a whole big dark world at first.
But later in the series, I don't remember even one such big surprise. Not saying they didn't have their epic moments, but well...
I would be less surprised if we found out instead someday that the SS disc has more world maps hidden in it, which were just cut for budget or time reasons (like TWW, where you could reach Hyrule Field and walk on solid ground for apparently no good reason - likely it was planned as a path to the additional temples that never made it into the final version). Anyways, nowadays things like this are more likely than to find "more than expected" XD

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't give a rats ass about the story, to me Zelda is all about game play.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think they are planning to spoil everything. We of already seen footage of like all but one or two dungeons. Unless the game is a lot longer than I think, we will have seen all the dungeons (except for maybe the last one) before the game even leaks. One of my favorite things about TP was that for most of the game you didn't know what was coming next (who saw the temple of time thing coming?), but for SS, I feel like Nintendo has more or less ruined that. I will still play (and I'm sure love) SS, but I wish I could get some of the surprise back, but I can't help but watch the new trailers, as for just a moment they make SS seem that much closer.

acorrding to ign editor rich he has been tweeting about the game and said

"I am extremely pleased to discover most of the stuff I've see in Zelda trailers is not late in the game. The unknown awaits. #ZeldaSS"

So im assuming we havent seen anything yet lol also remember this is the first zelda game where we will be returning to the same dungeons more than once.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
They gave up on the overall story a long time ago. Fans created theories like the Split-Timeline theory to make sense of it all, and Nintendo eventually jumped on that saying that was the plan from the beginning, but the theories still don't make sense. A few months ago I disproved the split timeline theory in one of the Zelda threads (it's a weak theory, anybody could do so by thinking about it). It just pisses me off that Nintendo tried to cover up their sloppiness like that.
You're hilarious. You sound retardedly arrogant, and you won't detail how you "disproved" it. It's time travel. It screws with plotlines. Deal with it.

Reactions: 1 person

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
People suggesting story is more important are insane, I've completed pretty much every zelda game and couldn't tell the story apart in any of them. I just don't consider zelda to be a story driven series, the action is where it's at.

You people need to read some better stories!

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country

"I am extremely pleased to discover most of the stuff I've see in Zelda trailers is not late in the game. The unknown awaits. #ZeldaSS"

So im assuming we havent seen anything yet lol also remember this is the first zelda game where we will be returning to the same dungeons more than once.

This is not the first zelda game where we will be returning to the same dungeons more than once. First console zelda, maybe. Check out PH and ST.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

This is not the first zelda game where we will be returning to the same dungeons more than once. First console zelda, maybe. Check out PH and ST.
THe tower of spirits and the Temple of the Ocean King dont count -_- there is a big difference between that and revisiting dungeons in this game

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
They gave up on the overall story a long time ago. Fans created theories like the Split-Timeline theory to make sense of it all, and Nintendo eventually jumped on that saying that was the plan from the beginning, but the theories still don't make sense. A few months ago I disproved the split timeline theory in one of the Zelda threads (it's a weak theory, anybody could do so by thinking about it). It just pisses me off that Nintendo tried to cover up their sloppiness like that.
You're hilarious. You sound retardedly arrogant, and you won't detail how you "disproved" it. It's time travel. It screws with plotlines. Deal with it.
I'm not going to recount the whole thing, but if you are interested in the discussion go here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/292918-other-zelda-remakes-coming/page__view__findpost__p__3651934
It continues on for several pages.

Let's drop this before it starts an argument that closes the thread.

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes please lets not get into arguments about stuff. If you want to discuss the time-line that's fine, but be nice about it and don't insult anybody, whether they are people posting in this thread, other members of this forum, or Nintendo employees. I realize this is the internet, but anonymity is no excuse for being mean.

OT: There have been times before when you have had to return to old dungeons with new items to access previously unaccessible areas, but I agree, nothing on the scale it looks like we will be seeing in SS.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have yet to see a Zelda out on a console that i didn't like, so i have faith in Skyward Sword also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: