Skyward Sword Hype Thread

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Supercool330, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2011

Skyward Sword Hype Thread by Supercool330 at 11:54 PM (53,137 Views / 0 Likes) 434 replies

1. Supercool330
    OP

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    [​IMG]

Ok, we need a new Skyward Sword Hype Thread. Lets try to not get this one locked/deleted.

RULES:
    - Don't post (or imply) that you have it or are imminently getting it without proof.
    - Even if somebody does, don't be mean to them.
    - In general, be friendly.
    - Don't post smut (seriously).
    - If you find a torrent, post the filename and hash. I will try to keep a list on this post.
    - Put spoilers in spoiler tags (some of us don't want EVERYTHING spoiled before we play it).
    - Don't post links to any torrents or download sites, or even mention one by name.
    - Stay on topic.
    - Follow all of the GBAtemp rules (should go without saying).
    - Have fun.

Torrent List:

2. DIEforKARMAsWING

Member DIEforKARMAsWING GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can dig this.
    Thoughts on the art style?
    I think it's quite perfect. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the Enemy design. A little too cartoony for me. But otherwise great.

3. Andrew_DS

Newcomer Andrew_DS Advanced Member

Australia
    I'm really looking forward to the sword battles with Ghirahim, they just look really cool to me =)

4. Supercool330
    OP

United States
    I think the cartoony style is great. The art style in WW was one of my favorite things about it, and I love the more mature re-imagining of it that we see it SS. It is vaguely Okami meets WW meets TP. It's fantastic.
    I'm in general looking forward to the sword fighting. I have been waiting for 1-to-1 sword battles since the Wii was first announced, and now we are seeing that dream come true, in a Zelda game no less.

5. mightymuffy

Member mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    GOTY?! A few months back I'd have said it was a distant second to Skyrim as my 'most eagerly awaited', but the closer we get/more info...vids...etc we see and it's now right up there with it! The biggest problem I have is these 2 'best game evers' are coming out a week apart... s'pose whichever gets my attention will probably end up being my game of the year.... Edge magazing rates this a 10/10? That'll do me just nicely - roll on the 18th (hopefully earlier - I've preordered! :D)

6. Ravenest

Newcomer Ravenest Member

Portugal
    Nice thread, hope it doesn´t degenerate like the other

7. Davester

Newcomer Davester Member

United Kingdom
    honnestly i think the art style fits the system perfectly. From what i've seen the game looks beautifull in its own uniuqe way i am also looking forwar to the 1 to 1 sword fighting. My wii has been sitting untouched for months but its gonna get some serious usage once this game is released.

8. Supercool330
    OP

United States
    Now there is an interesting question, who is more psyched for this than for Skyrim even though Skyrim is only like a week off?

9. Ravenest

Newcomer Ravenest Member

Portugal
    I agree, but the bosses on the other hand look awesome

10. TerraPhantm

Member TerraPhantm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Me... But mostly because I never found the elder scrolls games to be fun

11. Andrew_DS

Australia
    I'm more psyched for this than Skyrim =) I'm not really hyped about it at all, never really liked Oblivion and Morrowind, no idea why I would have thought they were my kinda thing but whatever =P

I'm going to try and pin things to walls like in one of the early trailers, not sure why.... =P

12. Davester

Newcomer Davester Member

United Kingdom
    this definately as link to the past is one of the first games i really enjoyed playing, was only 6 or 7 at the time and when ocarina of time came out i almost collapsed from hypoglycima for playing it too long without eating (i'm diabetic)

13. Supercool330
    OP

United States
    Pin things to the walls? What trailer was that?
    Speaking of trailers, has anybody else seen the new gameplay feeds by Digital Chumps? The flying one looked awesome.

14. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How long is the game supposed to be? 60 hours or there abouts?

15. Andrew_DS

Australia
    Think it was the very first one, link pins a heart to a fence post with an arrow =P Yeah I saw those direct feeds, definitely awesome =D

16. Supercool330
    OP

United States
    @Tagg7: One of the Nintendo guys (may have been Miyamoto san) said that it is 50-100 hours. I've heard though that if you were just playing straight through without doing side-quests it would be much closer to the 50.
    @Andrew_DS: Oh ya, I remember that. It's one of those subtle things that you just wouldn't expect from a Zelda game. In past Zelda games hearts are just sprite, not real 3D objects with any sort of interactions. Things like that and the whole bombs blowing up if you are on fire thing are going to add a lot of depth to the game.

Edit:
    Also, YAY we made it through the first page without this topic being locked or deleted.

17. Andrew_DS

Australia
    Haha first milestone =D

Between 50 and 100 hours of gameplay! Awesome =D

And yeah, the extra interactivity makes the game better, it will go nicely with my new surround sound system =)

18. Supercool330
    OP

United States
    Cool, do you have a Dolby Pro Logic II setup? I've always wondered how well that actually works since it uses two channels as the source.

19. Vinnymac

Member Vinnymac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have 2 legitimate questions.

1. Will the game come with a wiimote (plus built in)?

2. If it does not, where is the best place to buy one? (cheapest preferably)

20. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    Does anyone else find it odd that this game is this hyped for a leak when there is absolutely no proof that anyone but reviewers have it? It is Zelda, yes, but still. Glad to see this thread may survive the release of the game or leak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.