Hacking Sky3DS to Gateway Questions

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's up to you from here what you want. There advantages and disadvantages of having linked nands. Basically whatever you install in system nand will show in emunand but you'll have to keep opening the tiles as they'll always be gift wrapped. If there unlinked you can install to which ever nand you want. Me I just run gba games from system nand and everything else is on emunand. There both separate.

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's up to you from here what you want. There advantages and disadvantages of having linked nands. Basically whatever you install in system nand will show in emunand but you'll have to keep opening the tiles as they'll always be gift wrapped. If there unlinked you can install to which ever nand you want. Me I just run gba games from system nand and everything else is on emunand. There both separate.
ooh ok, how do I unlink nands?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is really wierd now. Whenever i boot reinand there's no bbm now but when I go to system settings and close it i'm back to non reinand and there's bbm unwrapped?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm not 100% percent sure without gateway. But I'd reinstall bbm on emunand from bbm in emunand(reinand) . I know it's there and when you install it it will say program already exists. That's normal but it will place the ticket for it on emunand. Then you need to take sd card out of the console and go to settings and format system. !!!!! Not system update!!!!! Then you just input all your day date of birth and all that crap again. Then it makes a fresh folder in your "nintendo 3ds" folder. Remember the one with loads of letters and numbers. So then there will be 2 of those folders one system nand and one emunand. I haven't done this before but you should be ok. Worst case you'll just have to reinstall bbm to system nand again like before.

Going into settings removes any cfw.

Even gateway

I'm mean going into settings and then exit it does a fresh reboot. There's no way around this

Try going into reinand and closing the n3ds for 5 seconds and see if it reappeared. If it does run it and install bbm again so emunand can get the ticket for it.

Closing the lid. (Sleep mode)

If reinand sis a bit buggy at the minute just use pasta on system nand and install games. There not many games you can't play if any. And there seems to be a big announcement brewing tonight with smealum and the new ninjhax. Seems like a lot of hype so something else good is coming.

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm not 100% percent sure without gateway. But I'd reinstall bbm on emunand from bbm in emunand(reinand) . I know it's there and when you install it it will say program already exists. That's normal but it will place the ticket for it on emunand. Then you need to take sd card out of the console and go to settings and format system. !!!!! Not system update!!!!! Then you just input all your day date of birth and all that crap again. Then it makes a fresh folder in your "nintendo 3ds" folder. Remember the one with loads of letters and numbers. So then there will be 2 of those folders one system nand and one emunand. I haven't done this before but you should be ok. Worst case you'll just have to reinstall bbm to system nand again like before.

Going into settings removes any cfw.

Even gateway

I'm mean going into settings and then exit it does a fresh reboot. There's no way around this

Try going into reinand and closing the n3ds for 5 seconds and see if it reappeared. If it does run it and install bbm again so emunand can get the ticket for it.

Closing the lid. (Sleep mode)

If reinand sis a bit buggy at the minute just use pasta on system nand and install games. There not many games you can't play if any. And there seems to be a big announcement brewing tonight with smealum and the new ninjhax. Seems like a lot of hype so something else good is coming.
i'll try this tomorrow, thank you for all the help!

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem. If you have spare cash and want a gateway that's up to you to decide. With these cfw's you can play a massive library of games on them without it. But gateway makes things a bit simpler. They seem a hell of a lot behind at the minute but I won't write them off yet they surely have something in the works to surpass everything else

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Let me hijack this tread for a minute.
I am at the same way as OP with pasta and ninjhax but I want to play fire emblem if possible. Can I? What do i need to do? I have a n3ds on 9.0 and no gateway but a sky3ds

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem. If you have spare cash and want a gateway that's up to you to decide. With these cfw's you can play a massive library of games on them without it. But gateway makes things a bit simpler. They seem a hell of a lot behind at the minute but I won't write them off yet they surely have something in the works to surpass everything else
screw it, i'll just buy gateway and sell sky whenever. How do I go back to "normal" do I use the backup I did earlier through gateway?

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No just leave it. You need the emunand when you get the gateway it runs the same.
oh ok, you sure it wont interfere with anything? I tried to boot reinand before and close the screen for five seconds but bbm did not show up, but when I relaunched ninja and booted into cfw bbm appeared?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok, you sure it wont interfere with anything? I tried to boot reinand before and close the screen for five seconds but bbm did not show up, but when I relaunched ninja and booted into cfw bbm appeared?
No just delete the reinand stuff. Rxtools with be compatible soon with n3ds.

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, using CFW + SaveDataFiler to extract the saves, then SDF in GW mode to import them to the GW. Follow the "Export Retail Card with CFW and SDF" steps here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/
You can ignore the parts about 4.5 encryption and needing a spare SD card (skip steps 5-7), PastaCFW negates the need for this. PastaCFW is pretty simple to install, just place the files on SD and launch from Ninjhax (using Cubic Ninja on your Sky3DS): https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/

Yes. Install this in GW mode and run it each time you boot GW mode and want to access the eShop: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/

No. You can downgrade mset though, so that you won't need Cubic Ninja/OoT to boot GW mode.
Hey! I got my Gateway in the mail today and i'm going to try to follow the guides you posted, but will I bee needing pasta when I have the gateway now? sry for all the "noob" q's.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey! I got my Gateway in the mail today and i'm going to try to follow the guides you posted, but will I bee needing pasta when I have the gateway now? sry for all the "noob" q's.
You will need Pasta for that step because the Classic Mode in Gateway doesn't patch signature checks so SDF can't be launched in it.

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You will need Pasta for that step because the Classic Mode in Gateway doesn't patch signature checks so SDF can't be launched in it.
Oooh ok, Will I need to re-install gateway after I´ve installed ninjahax or will it not interfeer with gateways files?

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you use CN to launch Gateway then you will need to reinstall the Gateway QR code, if you use mset then it won't interfere.
It did actually export the save files from smash, link between worlds and animal crossing but when i'm trying to import it when in gateway mode and boot up any of the games through the gateway card, my saves isn't there :/

Last edited by swess,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It did actually export the save files from smash, link between worlds and animal crossing but when i'm trying to import it when in gateway mode and boot up any of the games through the gateway card, my saves isn't there :/
You have to rename the save file as described in the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Why buy another Series X? Something happen to the 1st one?