Hacking Simultaneous Remotejoy and USB loader

crono141

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the PSP hacking scene (just picked up a 3000 model 8/5/12). I got the custom firmware on there and I'm exploring forums and guides trying to figure out what is possible. I'd like to try out remotejoy to play games on the big screen full screen. I also read about a PC USB loader plugin and companion PC software. Can these two plugins work at the same time?

In other words, can I load games from PC while at the same time using the PC for display?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you can. I seem to remember my brother doing so on his PSP a few years back. I'm not 100% sure what all software you need though. usbhostfs is involved I'm fairly sure (that's a plugin).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USB Host FS : http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/tools-utilities/download-usb-host-fs-10-f24274.html
USB ISO Loader : http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/homebrew/download-usb-iso-loader-07-f24275.html
they might be a little old, I don't know if there are new versions.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to use (L)ME 1.8 firmware to run the USB iso loader. It won't connect properly using PRO custom firmware.
Here's a useful thread at Wololo about how to run PSP games stored on your PC via USB cable.

..not sure about running remotejoy and usb-loader at the same time though.

crono141

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice. I did run into a major snag with the USB loader portion, being that it didn't work at all (due to being on pro firmware, D'OH!). Also I get no sound through remotejoy. Is sound not an included feature? Do I have to run audio separately?

Edit: Just switched to LME (which was so easy) but I'm still having no luck with USB Loading. I start the PSP loader, plug in USB, and when it asks I start usbhostfs_pc.exe. But it never connects. I had it connected once earlier, but it didn't load the ISO (crashed on the PSP side). Had to hard reset PSP, and it hasn't connected to the PC since.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the advice. I did run into a major snag with the USB loader portion, being that it didn't work at all (due to being on pro firmware, D'OH!). Also I get no sound through remotejoy. Is sound not an included feature? Do I have to run audio separately?
audio is included, but you'll need extra equipment, (a double end male headphone jack).

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Just switched to LME (which was so easy) but I'm still having no luck with USB Loading. I start the PSP loader, plug in USB, and when it asks I start usbhostfs_pc.exe. But it never connects. I had it connected once earlier, but it didn't load the ISO (crashed on the PSP side). Had to hard reset PSP, and it hasn't connected to the PC since.

If you havent, try the download archive at the wololo thread i linked to above. Its got the most up-to-date version of the usbiso loader v0.8. (the one at Filetrip is an older 0.7 version, at the moment).

Also, just to troubleshoot, Ive noticed that i need to use the exact same usb slot on my pc to get the usb loader to work. if i accidentally plug into a different usb port it wont boot up for me.

crono141

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
audio is included, but you'll need extra equipment, (a double end male headphone jack).

Unfortunately, with my setup running an audio cable is impossible. Is there a working version of FuSa_SD for 6.60 firmware? All the ones I've found only half work, with garbled video on most of the screen and screwed up colors.

crono141

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, FuSa is for video out, which is fine for me because I have the cable. I'm just having technical difficulties getting it to actually display properly.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With just the remotejoy plugin is slow with some games even at 366mhz, for audio you can buy a external audio card, audio can be only extracted from the phones jack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...