Simultaneous Brick Protection

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by timishu, Oct 9, 2009.

Oct 9, 2009
  1. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, here's the deal. I want to start using MyMenuify, so in order to do that, I would like to have a backup of my NAND. However, I already have PreLoader and Crazy Intro Video. So, I'm a little confused where to go. If I can install BootMii as a boot2, I think it would be better than an IOS. However, I am not sure if my Wii's boot process would make much sense after that install.

Would it be:

Power On -> BootMii (Select System Menu) -> Crazy Intro Video -> System Menu?

Or something else?

OR

Could I just not bother with the boot2, and install it as an IOS? I read a guide saying that the NAND backup and restore will not work with an IOS version of BootMii, so would this not even benefit me as far as Brick protection goes?

2. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can have BootMii as boot2. Set it to autoboot the Sysmenu. Just set the autoboot on the .ini file that is created on your sd card after installation. And set the bootdelay to 0 too. That way it will go straight to your crazy intro video.

3. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    i made a team called The Wii Theme Team and Also I am a wadder.net beta tester so ive use MyMenuify ALOT... ALL YOU NEED IS PRELOADER... (while its always smart to do bootmii as boot 2 and make that nand backup and to have starfall/starpatch so autoboot disks work...THE MOST IMPORTANT FILE IS AN ORIGINAL 000000XX.app file obtained with NUS downloader because with that file and preloader you can recover from ANY THEME BRICK AT ALL

Hold reset on your console boot preloader then from a bricked wii you can still get to the homebrew channel...load up mymenuify and flash your original system menu NP i have posted at least 3 videos of me intentionally bricking my own wii and recovering from Channel and theme installs...So long as you have preloader your pimpin to make themes [​IMG] if you should ever brick and preloader loads you can always load Wadmanager or MyMenuify to overwrite the bad flash or remove it if need be

(nothing in flashing the themes will break preloader its never happened afaik and i can confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt (when deving 30 frame channel animations with buby78 i bricked my wii MANY TIMES as did he testing to get it until we eventually lowered the rest to get more frames without bricking with assistnce of benzin)

4. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks, awesome help. But I got one more thing before I go launching MyMenuify, and that is that PreLoader, for whatever reason, will no longer load Homebrew Channel. I updated it using the HackMii installer and now PreLoader no longer recognizes it. Is there a way to fix this? All I've gotten is "Error Loading title, Maybe not installed?".

5. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    download preloader0.29JODI and install that it's been modded for the new HBC Title ID