Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vlasp01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is insanely awesome! Thank you so much to all the developers who worked on this, also great tutorial! I'm making an easy and straight forward video tutorial for this for anyone who likes to visually follow along!
That would be great! I love watching videos that explain because they have more credibility IMO.

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my EmuNAND is already unlinked so Do I just System Format the EmuNAND now? And it will all be sweet?

EDIT: I don't really want to lose my Friend Code either
If you created the emunand from a sysnand that was linked to an NNID you have to start over. Format system memory > go through setup (don't link an NNID obviously) > go.gateway > format emunand. Backup your sd card before doing this if you have any apps etc.

Edit: *afterward Boot into emunand and link your NNID (not sysnand). also.. update the emunand to the latest fw obviously :P

Last edited by Panic.exe,

Chux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't install CFW yet, but I did downgrade. I have a NNID with a few purchases on it, wouldn't want to lose it. What is my next step?

Miguel Padrão

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need help... From the first step... I downloaded the zip from github.... Then i decompressed it... In my microsd card, I placed the files on the "Nintendo 3ds" folder.. I also created a folder named "updates''. now i booted my console, what should i do now? Nothing appears

Dragonblazer87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone on 10.1 and below managed to successfully downgraded to 9.2 using homemenuhax and has anyone bricked? It seems homemenuhax is causing bricks on 10.1 and below but working on 10.3.

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
I have a Japanese original 3ds on 9.9, is its ok for me to downgrade it?
I read in OP's post that he states Japanese N3ds gets bricked.
Anyone downgrade a japanese O3DS?

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It stuck on the Updates intstall . Rebooting in 10 seconds. Should I power it down and reboot my 2ds?
It's supposed to.. Give it sometime and if after a length of time it is still sitting there go ahead and power cycle your 3ds and it should be fine.

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help... From the first step... I downloaded the zip from github.... Then i decompressed it... In my microsd card, I placed the files on the "Nintendo 3ds" folder.. I also created a folder named "updates''. now i booted my console, what should i do now? Nothing appears
Seems you have no idea what you're doing. Do you have homebrew working on your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/CaOkTKfxu44?si=gaexp0MTD_Yi-udH