Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does this work on New 3DS'es? I read earlier in the thread that someone said it doesnt. And that the OP "clearly states" not to downgrade a New 3DS, but i went back and checked and couldnt find that warning.
Confirmation please?

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just successfully downgraded 10.2 O3DS to 9.2 using Cubic Ninja/Sky3DS entry point. No issues!!! Awesome! ^_^

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does this work on New 3DS'es? I read earlier in the thread that someone said it doesnt. And that the OP "clearly states" not to downgrade a New 3DS, but i went back and checked and couldnt find that warning.
Confirmation please?

It works fine on n3ds. I did it on mine. It's really hard to get it to run, but when you do it works the same as it does for anyone else.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm success on N3DS XL US

10.3 to 9.2

Used Ironhax 2.5 as entry and had WiFi off if it matters, sysupdater froze at reboot but I shut down and removed sd then powered back on to a fresh 9.2!

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep trying to use sysupdater (n3ds 10.3), but I keep getting stuck on 5, 7, or the word FINISHED. I've been using all my *hax entrypoints, with or without booting something first, but to no avail.

anyone have any tips?

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never been so happy to see the zelda theme LOL.
i'm such a nerd man haha

thank you smea,pluto, derrik, pingo, cat?(i dont know your name exactly) mega, tush.

and anyone else I forgot : )

Copich

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got the "An error has occurred..." after getting a success in sysUpdate and rebooting and nothing else.

If that's your case, you have to get into Recovery Mode (L+R+A+D pad UP while power on) and download the update when when prompted.

If the update dies middle way, try again but turn off wi-fi settings, this will get you to configure your connection settings, there, you have to change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for primary and secondary options, reboot again and it should update to 10.3 now

survive9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok this is weird. oot3dhax doesnt even finish the ARM11 kernal exploit work (freezes at step 5) but themehax does. scared to start this as i have no way of replacing it if it bricks.

GodSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The app itself states that you should not attempt this on a N3DS. So I advise N3DS users to wait for strong proof that it works or another app like KTM. Can anyone who has downgraded post a picture as proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.