Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok, so update to 14.1.2 then. What is the pack of op? Is that the Sig patches linked on the first page of this thread?

I see there is a "rebootless update" and I have never heard of that before, any idea what that is? Just curious.
Yes just download the file attached to the top of this thread.
A rebootless update just means the change is so minor the current sigpatches still work.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That reminds me, I still had 14.1.0 as the last firmware the sigpatches were working for.
This was false, since the pack also works up to the latest 14.1.2.

I simply edited the OP to change the version of the firmware compatible, and also renamed the ZIP in the OP to say 14.1.2 as well.

Urcent_flame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CURRENT BETA SIGPATCHES UPDATED FOR FW 14.1.2 AND ATMOSPHERE v1.3.2

Given the current state of affairs, and HarukoNX's repositories being nuked and the previous thread's OP not being updated anymore, I decided to open a new thread to host the up-to-date signature patches for Atmosphere through Hekate, fss0 or package3, and this pack should also handle the patches for fusee, so you can use this as an all-in-one pack (presumably).

This means that if you use Hekate for booting, most likely you are using fss0/package3 to load Atmosphere, so these signature patches are for you.
If you're using fusee, then the pack already includes patches for that method as well.

Issues running certain games after a firmware, CFW or signature patches update?Scripts to generate Signature patches automaticallySigpatches Updater by Homlet

1. Having issues running certain games after you updated the Switch's firmware, or Atmosphere's version?
    If you update to the latest CFW/sigpatches, and find yourself having issues booting some of them, be sure to check out this guide:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/
  2. Thanks to the amazing collaborative efforts of many people in the Temp Switch threads, it is now possible to decrypt the Switch's firmware files and the Atmosphere Loader module by executing scripts for Windows/Linux/Pytho created by @mrdude with help from @crckd, @DarkMatterCore and an Anonymous user for the RE process.

The tool to generate the sigpatches based on your firmware (FS & ES) or Atmosphere (Loader) files can be found here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/info-on-sha-256-hashes-on-fs-patches.581550/page-11#post-9783677

Depending on the patches required, you can use one of 3 scripts:

Documentation related to the creation of the FS & ES patches can be found here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/info-on-sha-256-hashes-on-fs-patches.581550/
  3. If you want to update the sigpatches without having to deal with PC transfers, you could use the new Sigpatches Updater by @Homlet :
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-updater-update-your-sigpatches-from-your-switch.573546/[

Do take into consideration that I, the OP of this thread, DID NOT make these patches, and these are being uploaded as community/user submissions.
Other users make and provide these patches, and those are simply re-directed into the OP with the most up-to-date patches.
I just wanted to say,
thank you for your hard work creating this thread

Reactions: binkinator

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That reminds me, I still had 14.1.0 as the last firmware the sigpatches were working for.
This was false, since the pack also works up to the latest 14.1.2.

I simply edited the OP to change the version of the firmware compatible, and also renamed the ZIP in the OP to say 14.1.2 as well.

Why are 20 files in the ZIP from the OP different from the ZIP that was on the iTotalJustice repo that hippy dave posted in Post#1769?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
there are 2 ways of patching the firmware, the traditional one, create patches on 3 different points of the files, and the alternative (new) what only patch on an only address, both ways works the same and are equivalent.

the ones on OP and the ones on itotaljustice git have some different because some files are old way and others are the new way but for the simplicity of things are the same.

you can read about that on https://gbatemp.net/threads/info-on-sha-256-hashes-on-fs-patches.581550/

Last edited by impeeza,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why are 20 files in the ZIP from the OP different from the ZIP that was on the iTotalJustice repo that hippy dave posted in Post#1769?

Because the pack in the OP holds way more IPS files from older firmwares.
If you check the patches.ini file, you can verify their names to determine which firmwares they correspond to.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the pack in the OP holds way more IPS files from older firmwares.
If you check the patches.ini file, you can verify their names to determine which firmwares they correspond to.

Your pack only contains 2 IPS files that are not in the iTotalJustice pack. But what I was really trying to understand was why your pack has 19 IPS file mismatches compared to the iTotalJustice pack.

i-Total-Justice-vs-Shadow-One333-Sig-Patches.png

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Your pack only contains 2 IPS files that are not in the iTotalJustice pack. But what I was really trying to understand was why your pack has 19 IPS file mismatches compared to the iTotalJustice pack.

Oh the mismatch.
Tbh I'm not sure.
Perhaps someone more involved like mrdude could tell us which ones from the mismatched patches has the proper code of the two.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Lets take for parts:

The difference between the Sigpatches on the OP and the last iTotalJustice ones are:

1660096809737.png

The one on iTotalJustice extra to the one on OP is the loader called 4710D7157A50D5B71C1A6942DAA82903FCF5C5FCFD0FDB5F2D9DD2ED418DEB5F.ips is for Atmosphère 1.03.1 [Issue Zip: -106599895] a early release of the 1.3.1 version, what promptly was replaced for the one one actual github and the patch for that version is the same on both packages.

The file 1114E9102F1EBCD1B0EAF19C927362CFCB8B5D2C.ips is for firmware 12.1.0, the version with size of 17 bytes is generated with the "new" method, the one of 35 bytes is generated with the "old" method, but these methods generate the same patch.

The file F86D615F9FC6F0D16C3458BE58C64594DBDAB0DF.ips is for firmware 03.0.1 & 03.0.2 the one on iTotalJustice is a version generated several years ago, then the algorithms changes and today the patches generated have some additional offsets, but I don´t think some body is on firmware 3 today.

The FS patches of 44 bytes are generated with the "new" method, the ones on the OP are generated with the "old" method but all of them works the same.

Look on to https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/post-9905921 for old Vs new method explain.

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
i want to install sigpatches for Atmospére 1.3.2 and Firmware 14.1.2.
I used this Sigpatch Pack:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Somehow after I installed it i get an error when trying to launch emummc trough hekate. Then I put the SD Card back in my PC and remove the hekate_ipl.ini file and replace it with the original hekate_ipl.ini File... after that it works again but the sigpatches are not installed of course. I install them in awoo installer. There is a option to install sigpa in awoo installer so I used it. Is that wrong? How do I have to install them?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been working today on the homebrew app and I've been able to port the es alt autoIPS algorithm from python, didn't face any issue.
You can test it with the attached file, you need to put the keys.dat file in the sigpatch-generator folder and just copy the whole folder in the switch folder. It will generate an atmosphere output folder in the same directory with the ips file (it will not overwrite your current ips files, I want to make sure everything is okay before doing that). I've only tested the algorithm with the current firmware (I didn't have the time to install every supported firmware on my switch) but I suppose it works with the current supported firmware versions with the python algorithm (but it needs to be tested)

I haven't finished treating every exception but the algorithm itself seems to work.
If you find any bug or you have suggestions feel free to tell me.
I'll keep working on the other ips patches in the meantime.
I'll upload my current c# code to github later today and post a link so you can see how I changed some of the way the patches are done now. The scripts are OK but the pc app improves them and fxes some bugs. Also thanks for your homebrew, hopefully once that is done it will make the python scripts obsolete.

Here you go:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/Sigpatch-IPS-Creator

I gotta mention that mrdude and dogty have been working hard over the past week to make a sigpatches creator, both for Windows (by mrdude), and a homebrew app that works directly on the Switch (dogty).

Things are looking hella amazing, we are getting to the point where we can even generate the sigpatches straight from the Switch.
Good luck DMCA'ing that, Nintendo.:rofl2:

Sturmkater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I did get a bigger SD card. Was a pain to get the second partition working. After endless tries its now working, but I can't open most of my games. So I did install the syspatch from your post, since I also did update Atmosphere and Hekate to the newest versions. Still not working. Im on 11.0.1. Do I have to update the system as well, or anybody an idea what went wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.