Hacking Question pertaining to Hekate launch shortcuts

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my switch CFW to the latest stable version of atmosphere and to firmware version 16.1.0 and in doing so, I messed something up. Whenever I hit launch and select my emuMMC CFW boot option I get this error:
1697939831042.png

However, if I manually select the payload from the payloads button it loads atmosphere just fine. I am trying to fix this but I just don't understand exactly how editing the "hekate_ipl.ini" file works.
[CFW - emuMMC] fss0=atmosphere/package3 kip1patch=nosigchk emummcforce=1 atmosphere=1 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
This is my current boot shortcut in the ini and I don't know what to do to update and fix this.

Any help lol?

resolved
i forgor update hekate lmfao

Last edited by Tryfle,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you still load up Hekate? I believe you can go into Hekate Tools and you have to Restore eMMC. But I’m not 100% sure. Maybe somebody has a better solution.
Post automatically merged:

If you know how to search for my posts, this exact same thing happened to me and they told me how to fix it. I can’t remember

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you still load up Hekate? I believe you can go into Hekate Tools and you have to Restore eMMC. But I’m not 100% sure. Maybe somebody has a better solution.

If you know how to search for my posts, this exact same thing happened to me and they told me how to fix it. I can’t remember
Yeah, I can load up Hekate just fine. I'll try it.

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But yeah something looks off on your ini file. I can take a look tomorrow when I’m at my PC
I did find the restore thing, but there are a bunch of different options and I don't know which one to select as it seems like you could easily mess something up here.
There's eMMC boot 0 & boot1 restore, raw gpp and eMMC all. Not sure which one I'm supposed to select, I think it's really just an ini issue as the manual payload works and it SEEMS to boot into the emmc but I really don't want to end up using the sysnand and getting banned.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just wait. I’m sure to it’s your ini. Don’t you have a backup of your ini file before you updated? Look at that and compare.

Tryfle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just wait. I’m sure to it’s your ini. Don’t you have a backup of your ini file before you updated? Look at that and compare.
I'm pretty sure the ini didn't change at all and that's the issue.

Hey, no worries. I solved the issue. I was just being stupid and forgot to update Hekate. I haven't touched my Switch since like March since the joycons were beyond broken and my parents wouldn't let me ship them out to get repaired up until recently, I forgot nearly everything. Thanks.

Last edited by Tryfle,
Reactions: laz305

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto