Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If at all, and thanks to @mrdude 's efforts, we already have everything documented on how to create sigpatches out of both Atmosphere and the Firmware files with Python scripts.
Nintendo sending their piece of shit DMCA's won't do jackshit to that.

The documentation is out, and people can now easily create them from a Python script, and then share them from there.
Keep tryong Nintendo, you can DMCA on Github, but good luck DMCA'ing Python code that generates them, and worse, from those scripts being saved up in Archive.org or Pastebin :)
Same for the patches.ini files and their patching code ;)

Start making backups of the scripts and inis, guys.
They can't take out simple text data lol

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does the patches have ninty propietary code?

Not that I know.
This is basically just ARM assembly code that bypasses signature checks on both Atmos and firmware files.
They have no right, but their bullshit DMCA favours these scare tactics since no one can fight them face on.

Also lol wtf
https://sigmapatches.coomer.party

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Not that I know.
This is basically just ARM assembly code that bypasses signature checks on both Atmos and firmware files.
They have no right, but their bullshit DMCA favours these scare tactics since no one can fight them face on.

Also lol wtf
https://sigmapatches.coomer.party
exactly my point, the silence is allowing to push the law extents.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, the patches only contain an instruction to patch at an address - they don't even tell what file to patch because they only patch a file that's sha256 is that has the same value as the name of the patch. There's zero ninty code whatsoever.
And instructions are not illegal! :3

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
And instructions are not illegal! :3
The same instructions are used in near enough every program that works on Arm64 cpu. They are things NOP - which means - do nothing! and things like Branch to address. There's nothing at all that ninty owns code wise in these patches, it's literally like saying ninty can own a word in English such as "left" and nobody else is allowed to use that word without ninties permission because they have used that word in a sentence in the past.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ninty can own a word in English such as "left" and nobody else is allowed to use that word without ninties permission because they have used that word in a sentence in the past.
Nintendo owns the Left? I always knew that there was something downright Marxist about that Mario fellow! How he's all working class but hangs out with a princess and is constantly wearing red, breaking open people's carefully sealed bricks and stealing their gold coins, not to mention his brother's scandalous involvement in real-estate scams the likes of which would impress even Scooby-Doo and the gang! We ought to get this plumber's - if that's even his real job - Green Card revoked!

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...