Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

JrpgAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated to 18.1 firmware/ 1.7.1 atm/ fusee and had a barrage of corrupt games and app failing to launch.
Scared me a bit cuz i kept getting fusee error too when i tried to downgrade.
Had to downgrade to 18.0 firm and 1.7.0 atm/ fusee with sigpatches elsewhere from sigmapatches site.
Now evrything works again for any1 wondering with the same problem.

So dont update to latest firmware/atm

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 18.1 firmware/ 1.7.1 atm/ fusee and had a barrage of corrupt games and app failing to launch.
Scared me a bit cuz i kept getting fusee error too when i tried to downgrade.
Had to downgrade to 18.0 firm and 1.7.0 atm/ fusee with sigpatches elsewhere from sigmapatches site.
Now evrything works again for any1 wondering with the same problem.

So dont update to latest firmware/atm

just use sys-patch. prob just using wrong sigpatches or not loading thru hekate with fss so the corrupt games are prob xci installs or converts.

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
use sys-patch found here https://gbatemp.net/download/sys-patch-1-5-2-binary-fw-18-1-0-atmosphere-1-7-1.38686/
which works for atmosphere 1.7.1 and firmware 18.0.0 (should work for 18.1.0 too)
You just extract this to the root of the SD-card and everything takes care of itself?

I've updated to 18.1.0 and AMS 1.7.1, currently using sigpatches V2 and the modified fusee.bin (everything I've got installed on my Switch currently works, I'm just wondering what the sys-patch does and how it's installed).

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You just extract this to the root of the SD-card and everything takes care of itself?

I've updated to 18.1.0 and AMS 1.7.1, currently using sigpatches V2 and the modified fusee.bin (everything I've got installed on my Switch currently works, I'm just wondering what the sys-patch does and how it's installed).
Yes that is how you install it. It is a sysmodule that patches HOS and Atmosphere on the fly

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

basically yes. technically, you put the zip contents on the appropriate directory within the SD card.

I also try to use the modified fusee.bin, but for some reason, some games sometimes works, sometimes not (corrupted error. games such as super mario 3d land and mario party (two that I tested).

so, in my opinion, it's best to avoid using modified fusee.bin and not put it in the guide of this thread.

so far, using sys-patch 1.5.2 is the easiest one, but I guess some knowledge needed to install tesla first.

Reactions: impeeza

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
basically yes. technically, you put the zip contents on the appropriate directory within the SD card.

I also try to use the modified fusee.bin, but for some reason, some games sometimes works, sometimes not (corrupted error. games such as super mario 3d land and mario party (two that I tested).

so, in my opinion, it's best to avoid using modified fusee.bin and not put it in the guide of this thread.

so far, using sys-patch 1.5.2 is the easiest one, but I guess some knowledge needed to install tesla first.
What issues with the modified fusee.bin, just those games you mentioned?

I just recently updated to 18.1.0 using sigpatches and the fusee.bin with KIP support and all games tested so far loaded fine and Edizon cheats (Tesla overlay) 1.08. However, for Tinfoil 18 R1 i did have to apply the latest sys_patch as that would not work at all without it.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What issues with the modified fusee.bin, just those games you mentioned?

I just recently updated to 18.1.0 using sigpatches and the fusee.bin with KIP support and all games tested so far loaded fine and Edizon cheats (Tesla overlay) 1.08. However, for Tinfoil 18 R1 i did have to apply the latest sys_patch as that would not work at all without it.
tinfoil works here with modified fusee.bin

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Tesla is required as well?

In order to see the overlay, yes. But it's as simple as just putting the files on your SD card like everything else.

Extract to root of sd card then reboot the Switch. Contains the latest versions as of the date of this post.
(tesla menu 1.2.3, nx_ovlloader 1.0.7, sys-patch 1.5.2)

Pressing L + DPad Up + R at the same time opens the overlay but can be configured via config/tesla/config.ini.

Attachments

• tesla + nx-ovlloader + sys-patch.rar
    316.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In order to see the overlay, yes. But it's as simple as just putting the files on your SD card like everything else.

Extract to root of sd card then reboot the Switch. Contains the latest versions as of the date of this post.
(tesla menu 1.2.3, nx_ovlloader 1.0.7, sys-patch 1.5.2)

Pressing L + DPad Up + R at the same time opens the overlay but can be configured via config/tesla/config.ini.
I've never used Tesla and I'm quite fond of my setup without it, do I still need to install Tesla in order to use the sys-patch? Or is Tesla more of a GUI and extension? I can install and use the sys-patch without Tesla?

Very thoughtful of you to put together a package though, much appreciated :grog:

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I've never used Tesla and I'm quite fond of my setup without it, do I still need to install Tesla in order to use the sys-patch? Or is Tesla more of a GUI and extension? I can install and use the sys-patch without Tesla?

Very thoughtful of you to put together a package though, much appreciated :grog:
You can install and use sys patch without Tesla. You only need Tesla if you want to easily see the log or change settings of sys patch. However both can be done without Tesla by manually looking in the logfile and changing the config file

Clutt

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,

my GF updated per accident my switch through official launcher to 18.1.
I updated hekate and atmosphere but now I cant start a game or another application. I get a window which states that there is error with the application.
Latest Sygpatches dont work and after applying the Sys-Patches I cant even start hekate. After pushing the power button the launcher only is on for a second and my switch is going off.

Is there a solution for it?
I deleted the bootloader and atmosphere folder, installed hekate and atmosphere fresh. Still error.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys,

my GF updated per accident my switch through official launcher to 18.1.
I updated hekate and atmosphere but now I cant start a game or another application. I get a window which states that there is error with the application.
Latest Sygpatches dont work and after applying the Sys-Patches I cant even start hekate. After pushing the power button the launcher only is on for a second and my switch is going off.

Is there a solution for it?
I deleted the bootloader and atmosphere folder, installed hekate and atmosphere fresh. Still error.
use sys-patch https://gbatemp.net/download/sys-patch-1-5-2-binary-fw-18-1-0-atmosphere-1-7-1.38686/

Reactions: MightySashiman

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
@RedColoredStars @impeeza

I tried the Sys-patch and the whole package with tesla etc. but after moving the files to my SD card, I cant even start Hekate properly. I just get the logo for a second and the switch goes off again.

Did you try again? Because under certain circumstances that is normal behavior due to the "autohosoff" setting in hekate.

chower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm gonna ask a stupid question. The fusee.bin in the atmosphere github page, what is the difference between that and the hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin?
Previously i've been using the fusee.bin from Atmosphere and transferred into bootloader>payloads folder
while i renamed hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin into reboot_payload.bin and place it in the Atmosphere root folder, and everything works fine.

For the current new fw, i've seen ppl use the modified fusee.bin by user Krejza9 as payload as well as renamed to reboot.payload.bin and worked.
So my question is by normal practice, is hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin also a fusee.bin that i can just put into payloads folder as well as atmosphere root (reboot_payload.bin)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.etonline.com/daniel-radcliffe-reacts-to-harry-potter-reboot-series-offers-advice-excl...