Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you, sorry last question, would it still work on CFW I don't have to be using emunand to downgrade correct?
you never need EmuNAND, but is always adviced to have the SYSNAND on a clean state, never install non sanct sofware on sysnand, and the EmuNAND also maintain your SysNAND clean and lower the wear of the chip.

So always have a EmuNAND and work on it. but is you like use only SysNAND on practice is the same.

pepepotamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
you never need EmuNAND, but is always adviced to have the SYSNAND on a clean state, never install non sanct sofware on sysnand, and the EmuNAND also maintain your SysNAND clean and lower the wear of the chip.

So always have a EmuNAND and work on it. but is you like use only SysNAND on practice is the same.
sorry but I didn't quite understand, wouldn't downgrading make the system panic for having an extra fuse burned, asuming he's not using Emunand

Reactions: realg123

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
sorry but I didn't quite understand, wouldn't downgrading make the system panic for having an extra fuse burned, asuming he's not using Emunand
If your boot on to OFW (normal big ninty sofware) that software will check burnt fuses, and if the version of current HOS is lower than burnt fuses count you will have a panic.

If you boot CFW (Atmosphère) the burnt fuses count is ignored and any HOS version is loaded without trouble.

You can have ANY firmware version on SysNAND or EmuNAND, even you can have various EmuNANDs with different versions of firmware on it. as far I know you can have 3 raw partitions EmuNAND on your console and several File based EmuNANDs, and with bootloaders like Hekate you can boot or switch between them.

By example some people still use a CFW for piracy and have a EmuNAND for it and have a EmuNAND for the best CFW Ever: Atmosphère, and kept their SysNAND on original FW. so you can setup Hekate to boot any of them and Atmosphère take cares of avoid burnt fuses or panic because burnt fuses count.

Reactions: realg123

illlmac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool did not know this! I just use cheats on animal crossing and pokemon on CFW sys and even on there i keep all the ninty servers blocked. i just found out that if i restore a save file on cfw sys it shows up on OFW, but for everything else i go on my EmuNAND.

pepepotamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If your boot on to OFW (normal big ninty sofware) that software will check burnt fuses, and if the version of current HOS is lower than burnt fuses count you will have a panic.

If you boot CFW (Atmosphère) the burnt fuses count is ignored and any HOS version is loaded without trouble.

You can have ANY firmware version on SysNAND or EmuNAND, even you can have various EmuNANDs with different versions of firmware on it. as far I know you can have 3 raw partitions EmuNAND on your console and several File based EmuNANDs, and with bootloaders like Hekate you can boot or switch between them.

By example some people still use a CFW for piracy and have a EmuNAND for it and have a EmuNAND for the best CFW Ever: Atmosphère, and kept their SysNAND on original FW. so you can setup Hekate to boot any of them and Atmosphère take cares of avoid burnt fuses or panic because burnt fuses count.
awesome, much appreciated, I didn't know it worked that way

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
One other thing is firmware on the cart controller, that you cannot have two and once they are out of sync you cannot use cart in one of them ( I suppose pirates don't care about cart? )
yeap, that is a pain, and can not be avoided by now.

That's the reason why Hekate can block access to GameCart reader, so that never get updated but you loose their use. you only can run software installed on the console, for some of us is not a big deal but for others is a deal breaker, then they can enable access to GC.

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thank you for the explanation

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

A side note the number of burnt fuses is not exactly the same number on the FW version, is more like a range, by example 5 burnt fuses allow to run 4.0.0 to 4.1.0 firmware, but now 4.2.0.

For more information you can see the table at bottom of https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses (

Anti-downgrade​

)

System version Expected number of burnt fuses (retail) Expected number of burnt fuses (non-retail)
1.0.0 1 0
2.0.0-2.3.0 2 0
3.0.0 3 1
3.0.1-3.0.2 4 1
4.0.0-4.1.0 5 1
5.0.0-5.1.0 6 1
6.0.0-6.1.0 7 1
6.2.0 8 1
7.0.0-8.0.1 9 1
8.1.0 10 1
9.0.0-9.0.1 11 1
9.1.0-9.2.0 12 1
10.0.0-10.2.0 13 1
11.0.0-12.0.1 14 1
12.0.2-13.1.0 15 1
13.2.1-14.1.2 16 1
15.0.0-15.0.1 17 1
16.0.0-16.1.0 18 1
17.0.0 19 1

Gonax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I got a question, my sysnand is on 17.0.0, but my emummc partition is still on 16.1.0, will sigpatches still work on my emummc partition?

Last edited by Gonax,

froggy55

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i booted into cfw sysnand withe intent of exporting a game save i was not paying attention to what i was doing the system update prompt came up and with out realizing it i updated my sysnand andnow i cant boot into the cfw sysnand i get first failed to apply nosigchk i push power to continue and then get fatal error when running atmosphere program id 010000000000bd00 after the switch logo my emmunand runs fine also after accidently updating the sysnand i went into the emummc and updated hekate and installed the pre release of atmosphere 1.6.1 and what ever else i could find i know the first error is related to the sig patches which are not out but i dont know about the second error

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello i booted into cfw sysnand withe intent of exporting a game save i was not paying attention to what i was doing the system update prompt came up and with out realizing it i updated my sysnand andnow i cant boot into the cfw sysnand i get first failed to apply nosigchk i push power to continue and then get fatal error when running atmosphere program id 010000000000bd00 after the switch logo my emmunand runs fine also after accidently updating the sysnand i went into the emummc and updated hekate and installed the pre release of atmosphere 1.6.1 and what ever else i could find i know the first error is related to the sig patches which are not out but i dont know about the second error
Update your Mission Control files

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you must read before tap, but well, first be sure you are on Atmosphère 1.6.1 prerelease, update Hekate to 6.0.7 and backup and delete sd:/atmosphere/contents folder, because some sysmodules and themes are no compatible with FW17

REINSTALL SIGPATCHES and then start your console and now you can backup your savegames.

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The original memory must be updated in an official way, even by burning the efuses, (after verifying that there is a compatible version of atmosphere). From the new original version, emunand is created. Only the emunand that exists virtually on the microsd can be downgraded to the first useful version with the sigpatch available. In this case, from the stock version 17.0.0, emunand 17.17.0 is created. Emunand 17.0.0 is downgraded to 16.1.0 and uses sigpatch 16.1.0

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The original memory must be updated in an official way, even by burning the efuses, (after verifying that there is a compatible version of atmosphere). From the new original version, emunand is created. Only the emunand that exists virtually on the microsd can be downgraded to the first useful version with the sigpatch available. In this case, from the stock version 17.0.0, emunand 17.17.0 is created. Emunand 17.0.0 is downgraded to 16.1.0 and uses sigpatch 16.1.0
You don't need to update the sysnand in order to update the emunand. And you don't need to burn fuses to update.

You can Run the update process while running Atmosphère using Daybreak (preffered method) or official update method and no fuses get burnt.

You can update the emunand or sysnand at any time without alter the other.

Also please first at all upgrade Atmosphère on you SDCard to version 1.6.1 to avoid problems.

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't need to update the sysnand in order to update the emunand. And you don't need to burn fuses to update.

You can Run the update process while running Atmosphère using Daybreak (preffered method) or official update method and no fuses get burnt.

You can update the emunand or sysnand at any time without alter the other.

Also please first at all upgrade Atmosphère on you SDCard to version 1.6.1 to avoid problems.
It goes without saying that almost everyone uses the console even in the original with games like fortnite. With this method, it is always possible to use the console even in an official way, as long as you use the serial reset in the modified memory

froggy55

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your Mission Control files
Yes I did discover I needed to update my mission control files and that's solved part of it I uninstalled my theme so now what happens when I boot CFW sysnand it boots to all the way to the news screen I can push the button 3 times to unlock and atmosphere crashes it also crashes if I just let it sit there to its basically crashing 15 seconds or so after booting to the menu

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month