Hacking DEAD [Shutdown]DragonInjector - Game Cart Payload Injector (Trinket M0 Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

milomc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Just noticed that last part. I'm flattered :blush::P

However, if you can make this work, while I'd be delighted to include it as the default payload, it would be your hard work. I encourage you to brand it as you like and not attach it to any one project by anyways else. Something that awesome should be picked up by every dongle DIYer on these forums! If you want to collaborate, you can always say it was inspired by my dongle ;)

I think the better option would be for you to open source it using an attribution license like I've done. This way, us hardware types can credit you properly for the work you've done and get some donations thrown your way!
Yeah, I was thinking of giving you the DragonInjector one and then ill put up a not DragonInjector branded one on github using an attribution license and letting any (Open Source) modchip creator use it and brand it their own way (Ill probably leave my watermark in the corner something).

Last edited by milomc123,

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
It would be great to give prior notice (release date) of when the link will be available. I've been following this for quite some time and would like to purchase 2-3 of these, and would not like to be left out of stock from a purchase link going up and me not seeing it :-(

Send me a PM requesting notification of when the first public batch is ready and I'll reply with the link a bit before I post it here. Also, it shouldn't be more than a week or two after the first 100 that I have another 100 or 200 ready to go!

This will only be a thing for the first public batch, as after that tindie should be able to notify people when an item has stock again. Please consider if you can wait 2 more weeks before destroying my inbox. :lol:

Even if you miss out on the first public batch somehow, it's maximum one week for me to get parts and boards since they come from the same place. As for assembly, I should be able to make 20 a day after work without killing myself. If I can figure out how to do backorders on tindie, it should never be more than two weeks before they're back in stock. If I somehow sell 1000 of these, I'll be buying myself a part picker and an oven, and then I should be able to make 200 a day. I'm pretty sure that won't happen, but I can. :P

Yeah, I was thinking of giving you the DragonInjector one and then ill put up a not DragonInjector branded one on github using the license you used and letting any (Open Source) modchip creator use it and brand it their own way (Ill probably leave my watermark in the corner something).

In that case, assuming it works as intended, we'll make sure to brand it in such a way that you are attributed on the main screen with a link to your GitHub. You can also expect a small percentage of every sale coming your way in the form of donations from me ;)

I've got to say, the idea of a sweet looking payload selector screen with the DragonInjector logo on it is pretty dang enticing. I can't code to save my life, but I'm fairly handy with Fusion360, CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT. Let me know if you need help designing an awesome GUI, including the non-branded one. :D

Last edited by MatinatorX,
Reactions: Canna

milomc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
In that case, assuming it works as intended, we'll make sure to brand it in such a way that you are attributed on the main screen with a link to your GitHub. You can also expect a small percentage of every sale coming your way in the form of donations from me ;)

I've got to say, the idea of a sweet looking payload selector screen with the DragonInjector logo on it is pretty dang enticing. I can't code to save my life, but I'm fairly handy with Fusion360, CorelDRAW and Photo-Paint. Let me know if you need help designing an awesome GUI, including the non-branded one. :D
Wow, thanks! :bow::D

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And theres me already thinking of this, weeks ago like a alternative to the sx os menu so we can launch our own i guess you beat me to the spill of the idea, i was hoping to work with @mattytrog to come up with something.abut nice to see others thinking of the community like me.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And theres me already thinking of this, weeks ago like a alternative to the sx os menu so we can launch our own i guess you beat me to the spill of the idea, i was hoping to work with @mattytrog to come up with something.abut nice to see others thinking of the community like me.

We did. Code was finished and uploaded to your thread

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you guess what it is yet?

Attachments

• 15346233748146484588941387150245.jpg
    15346233748146484588941387150245.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 301

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Canna,

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Can you guess what it is yet?
I don't think this is the same thing @milomc123 is talking about. What you've done is enable the Trinket M0 to read payloads off of a MicroSD card attached to the Trinket itself. What we're talking about is a payload similar to SX's that launches a GUI on the Switch, similar to SX's GUI that shows up when you hold Vol+, that lets you load a payload from the Switch's MicroSD card, while it's in the Switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats freaking awesome but guys can we move all this stuff that isnt dragon injector related to the thread i opened for all of us jeezus lol, and matty a main menu on screen, were sort it out
Yes that's probably best. We can move some discussion back here once it's working :D

Last edited by MatinatorX,

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is the same thing @milomc123 is talking about. What you've done is enable the Trinket M0 to read payloads off of a MicroSD card attached to the Trinket itself. What we're talking about it a payload similar to SX's that launches a GUI on the Switch, also similar to SX's, that lets you load a payload from the Switch's MicroSD card, while it's in the Switch.

Or we could role botg idea into one here , and have a sd slot like mattys rig, combined with a gui menu which i was thinking up also, we have a thread for this sort of talk :P
Modchip/payload/injector thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/d-i-y-payload-dongle-modchip-injector-thread.514577/

Last edited by Canna,

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think this is the same thing @milomc123 is talking about. What you've done is enable the Trinket M0 to read payloads off of a MicroSD card attached to the Trinket itself. What we're talking about st a payload similar to SX's that launches a GUI on the Switch, similar to SX's GUI that shows up when you hold Vol+, that lets you load a payload from the Switch's MicroSD card, while it's in the Switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes that's probably best. We can move some discussion back here once it's working :D

Very true.

I'm aware it is a waste of time in the scheme of things. I'm just trying to be a better coder! Anyway sorry for off topic.

Reactions: MatinatorX

Only1chance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Send me a PM requesting notification of when the first public batch is ready and I'll reply with the link a bit before I post it here. Also, it shouldn't be more than a week or two after the first 100 that I have another 100 or 200 ready to go!
Wish i could but I dont have the option to send you a PM.

XiorgON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@MatinatorX

I There i realy want to be on the list for the next batch. But i already Tell you im not able to send you PM. So please can you add me to your remenber list. Number unit : x2 Thanks

D

Deleted User

Once the payload is sent can this be removed so that the switch can be used in docked mode?

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
Once the payload is sent can this be removed so that the switch can be used in docked mode?

Of course! You can either put it in your game card slot or a USB Type C port on your computer to charge, or you can just store it wherever for later use. Payload injection only takes a second and that's the only time this needs to be plugged into your Switch's Type C port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1