Hacking Should you get 128GB mSD for 3DS??? [WARNING: MATHS & MAGNETS]

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Look the guy is right. The thing is my 16 year old ass wont go and buy a 128GB card and explain to my parent why the f--- i did this. Also, who is the dingus that said he got 300 games in a 64 GB because it better be shitty GBA , VC and low 3DS MB games or a lie.

You gotta remember that there are system apps, so take away 10 spaces.
Also, there's not a set number of 3DS games. I install different regions sometimes, like for Fire Emblem Fates, Animal Crossing and Smash.

I have 54 retail games, I swear most of them are first party save for Cubic Nina, Resident Evil, two Rayman games, and Michael Jackson: The Experience 3D. ......:yay: I also have other random loose games, like four regions of Smash (US, JP, EU, and the Special Demo)

After that, 48 3DS download software. Same as above, the only bad ones would be...Fluidity: Spin Cycle, some Japanese Club Nintendo Picross games, and every free game on eShop.

THEN, 42 homebrew apps and utilities, stuff like CIAngel, FreeShop and its updaters, Luma3DS Updater, Smash-Selector, an FTP server, Homebrew Launcher/Browser, and pretty much every soon-to-be useful app like 3DSident and MultiDownload.

DSiWare. I have around 12 of them.

The entire RetroArch emulator collection as .cias.

Other homebrew related stuff, like VC injections and videos. 7 videos,, the entire Super Mario Advance series, Sonic Advance, Zelda GBA, Pokemon, Kirby GBA, Metroid GBA, Fire Emblem GBA series..es.

For GBC, I have the entire Oracle series, Pokemon, including Green, Tetris, Super Mario Land (including Wario Land)

NES, entire Mario series, Zelda, then Smash classics like Ice Climber, Balloon Fight, ect.

SNES, pretty much all 9 essentials

And I have some homebrew and DS games saved to NAND.

I've cleaned the games I don't play and have no plan to, and still have 200 games.

TAKE THAT!

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, there's not a set number of 3DS games. I install different regions sometimes, like for Fire Emblem Fates, Animal Crossing and Smash.

I have 54 retail games, I swear most of them are first party save for Cubic Nina, Resident Evil, two Rayman games, and Michael Jackson: The Experience 3D. ......:yay: I also have other random loose games, like four regions of Smash (US, JP, EU, and the Special Demo)

After that, 48 3DS download software. Same as above, the only bad ones would be...Fluidity: Spin Cycle, some Japanese Club Nintendo Picross games, and every free game on eShop.

THEN, 42 homebrew apps and utilities, stuff like CIAngel, FreeShop and its updaters, Luma3DS Updater, Smash-Selector, an FTP server, Homebrew Launcher/Browser, and pretty much every soon-to-be useful app like 3DSident and MultiDownload.

Other homebrew related stuff, like VC injections and videos. 7 videos,, the entire Super Mario Advance series, Sonic Advance, Zelda GBA, Pokemon, Kirby GBA, Metroid GBA, Fire Emblem GBA series..es.

For GBC, I have the entire Oracle series, Pokemon, including Green, Tetris, Super Mario Land (including Wario Land)

NES, entire Mario series, Zelda, then Smash classics like Ice Climber, Balloon Fight, ect.

I've cleaned the games I don't play and have no plan to, and still have 200 games.

TAKE THAT!

Can I ask a question please? What on earth is the Michael Jackson game all about? lol

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TAKE THAT!
You can always uninstall system titles to make room for 8~ more games :^). Still though, holy shit you have a lot of stuff installed.

(to start a trend or something i guess)
All I have are 12 games, 18 homebrew apps (including hbl, and 3 retroarch cores) CTRAging+all the dev 3ds apps (11 total installed to sd), and about 3 random apps installed to nand (an sd unmounter, i think some fbi build that isnt in hs, and sdf)

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
The ONLY reason I have it is to show the cringiness to other people.

It has pretty good graphics and music though, but it's just tapping and sliding to the beat of the music. Pretty disappointing.

I was expecting the game to be something like experiencin him going from one colour to another, an ace attorney type simulator and a roller coaster tycoon type game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have 75 retail games, all the 3D classic games, 10 DSiware games, 13 eshop games, 29 emulators, 15 homebrew app, 9 official Nintendo apps, 19GB of game roms and I got 239,866 open blocks left on a 128GB sd card

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
My o3DS XL is running with a 128 gb card. It's a good amount of space, although I'm tempted to format and just run with everything again. I'm using 80 gb out of it.

My n3DS is running a 32 gb. I don't use it much except to play VC injects (there's one of TMNT Turtles in Time on the SNES which is terrific) and a portable Binding of Isaac machine. I have started the Earthbound vc, but have forgotten how long it takes to start...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yeah this is funny now that the post is old, my 64gb sd is almost full with gba injections, emulators, badges, game gear games, retail games etc.
There was literally no reason to bump this thread with such a stupid post.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah this is funny now that the post is old, my 64gb sd is almost full with gba injections, emulators, badges, game gear games, retail games etc.

Looking for another or bigger SD card? Check my sig.

Have more than 300 titles? Use this:
Tip:
If you have a 128 GB or bigger SD card, you may reformat it as FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size. For 64 GB and smaller, stick to FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.

Reactions: cvskid and sweis12

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for another or bigger SD card? Check my sig.

Have more than 300 titles? Use this:
Tip:
If you have a 128 GB or bigger SD card, you may reformat it as FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size. For 64 GB and smaller, stick to FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size.
hey turdpoo, did i see your name mentioned in a thank you for fastboot or god mode or something?

There was literally no reason to bump this thread with such a stupid post.
lol i wasnt trying to "bump" it, i was reading the most recent thread, and it was underneath where it says "similar threads". while were on the subject of there not being a need for something, how about no needing to be a dick over something so trivial?

also, like 99% of the threads are dead since 3ds hacking has slowed down, how about not being rude to newcomers, maybe people will actually post? or would you rather keep it a tight knit of individuals who barely say anything in 1% of the threads. js.

Last edited by able,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
lol i wasnt trying to "bump" it, i was reading the most recent thread, and it was underneath where it says "similar threads". while were on the subject of there not being a need for something, how about no needing to be a dick over something so trivial?

also, like 99% of the threads are dead since 3ds hacking has slowed down, how about not being rude to newcomers, maybe people will actually post? or would you rather keep it a tight knit of individuals who barely say anything in 1% of the threads. js.
Just because it was under similar threads and you're a newcomer doesn't give you the right to bump a 2 year old thread eith something useless

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because it was under similar threads and you're a newcomer doesn't give you the right to bump a 2 year old thread eith something useless
1.i didnt realize it was 2 years old, since it was suggest i trusted it was recent. i saw the very first one was old, but thought the latest one was more recent.
2 .https://gbatemp.net/help/terms <---i read the rules before i start posting anywhere, and if you do a ctrl+f and type bump or revive the only thing you will find is saying to avoid it when waiting for a response.
3.i understand sometimes that things can be frowned upon, and i promise weather you were a dick about it or not, i would have gotten the point and paid more attention next time.
so please, gatekeepers of the culture, please forgive me.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hey turdpoo, did i see your name mentioned in a thank you for fastboot or god mode or something?

Your original post actually acknowledged that this thread is old, indicating that you were aware that you were posting is an old thread. You gave off the impression that you were intentionally bumping a thread and I reacted to it. I am sorry if I was rude, I can be rude at times. That being said, try to be careful when bumping and not making a habit of bumping in such a manor.
Side note: TPC was mentioned here. It's worth noting that I was the one mentioned in the Fastboot credits

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 128gb is a sweetspot for 3ds. Also not all games are 1gb :)
i agree. like pokemon, bravely default, and yo kai. they are hugeeee.
Your original post actually acknowledged that this thread is old, indicating that you were aware that you were posting is an old thread. You gave off the impression that you were intentionally bumping a thread and I reacted to it. I am sorry if I was rude, I can be rude at times. That being said, try to be careful when bumping and not making a habit of bumping in such a manor.
Side note: TPC was mentioned here. It's worth noting that I was the one mentioned in the Fastboot credits
no problem, i didnt mean to revive an old one on purpose, promise, i knew it was old, i just thought that since it was suggested, or similar rather, that it had to have had at least one (edit: recent) reply, so thats my fault for not reading every post. anyways, i have just recently gotten into the scene, and fastboot and godmode have to be my favorite tools, so thanks for your work/testing/etc. anyways, ill pay more attention.

Last edited by able,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think 128gb is a sweetspot for 3ds. Also not all games are 1gb :)
When this thread was made it wasn't common to have massive games like we do now. It's only been recent years that the average game started being larger than 1GB. So at one point this the information on this thread was accurate, but the same can't be said of today.
i agree. like pokemon, bravely default, and yo kai. they are hugeeee.

no problem, i didnt mean to revive an old one on purpose, promise, i knew it was old, i just thought that since it was suggested, or similar rather, that it had to have had at least one (edit: recent) reply, so thats my fault for not reading every post. anyways, i have just recently gotten into the scene, and fastboot and godmode have to be my favorite tools, so thanks for your work/testing/etc. anyways, ill pay more attention.
I am going to be honest with you, the suggested section under the thread area is a bit of a mess. Mine right now is showing 2 Switch related topics that have zero to do with this one and three 3DS topics that are 1/2 years+. I think it has something to do with them having [ WARNING ] in the title and the site's software is like, "I don't see anything wrong here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" Easy mistake if one isn't paying close enough attention to the dates on the thread. Not a problem, I am just a person with too much time and a need to abuse my electronics.

Last edited by The Catboy,
D

Deleted User

Why bother doing that though when you can just use a cia installer that isn't old/leaked
Because of compatibility.
I still use DevMenu and SaveDataFiler. Some DLC/update CIAs are not recognized when installed via FBI (shows in Data Management but the game does not show them).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8