Should titles that offer DSi enhancements be part of DS or DSi list?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Chanser, Jul 1, 2009.

?

Should titles that offer DSi enhancements be part of the DS or DSi list?

1. DS release list

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DSi release list

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Not entirely sure to be honest.

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    DS is DS and DSi is DSI. I believe they should be separated in anyway. I dont know about hybrid ones but DSi only games must be different.

So, to answer your question, a hybrid game is still debatable

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    thats why i asked is it 3936 or 3940 for harry poter?

i rather it blends into theDS release
    otherwise, it seems like DSi is branching away from the whole DS

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well when we get DSi only games (not counting DSiWare) that work on flashcards then we should have a section for those.

As for hybrid, they should have one release discussion topic but show in both sections.

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    This situation is very similar to that of Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons for GBC/GBA as those too offered "enhanced" functions if used in a newer system. Much like then I think that they should be in a category for the older system as they're not only available on the newer system.

6. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I think hybrid games (DS software that has DSi enhancements) should stay a part of the current DS release list (and numbering scheme) but we should implement a new info value for each release for "DSi Enhanced" software with a simple Yes/No answer. All the previous 3900 DS releases will automatically be set to "no" whereas the current and future hybrid titles should say Yes.

Software that is DSi ONLY should have a new numbering/release list.

7. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    ^

Sounds good.

But means more work for us who submit the info [​IMG]

8. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I was about to type this, I agree wholeheartedly. Is it also too much to request a (somewhat) flashy graphic/button that can be displayed in the scene release info box (maybe next to the box art or something) that says "DSi Enhanced!" or something similar? That way it can catch our eye instead of us simply overlooking it.

Perhaps someone can even go as far as to implement a contact-sensitive box that rolls out when you click on the "DSi Enhanced!" graphic, that can display the enhanced features that title boasts... A little extra work, but it combats 20 comments asking what the enhanced features are... [​IMG]

9. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I think if it is playable on all ds there is no reason in not putting them in the original scene-list. Everything that is playable on dsp and dsl should be in that list (which is not the case at the moment)!

This debate should come, when there is a game, that is only playable on dsi. Till than there is no reason, since there is a logical answer...

Maybe those games should get an indication, that there is a dsi enhancement like "(i)" or something!?

10. tmbscoopex

Newcomer tmbscoopex Member

Austria
    i dont think they should be seperated, because there are no DSi exclusive titles, they all work on the old DS too...

11. Lametta

Member Lametta GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I would add a "both" option.
    For me the games should be added on the DS list and on the special DSi list since they work on both consoles [​IMG]

12. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    It's still a DS title. While there are DSi "enhancements", it's not exclusive to only working on a DSi. Hence, it's not really a DSi title. But seeing as how it's still made to play on a DS, it should still be considered a DS title.

At this point, I would say there aren't any DSi titles released. Once the first DSi only game hits, then there can be a DSi release list.

13. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I'd create a new list. They have a different header afterall (they're not anymore contrassigned by NTR but by something else I don't remember now) [​IMG]

14. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    TWL

15. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    I made them 50-50. Problem solved.

Well, we had gba games separated from DS games and you can play them both on the older DS's. I say you make a separate section for DSi games.

16. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    What happened with GameBoy Color games? Cause there were GameBoy Color games that worked on the original GameBoy(black cartridges), but obviously had color on the GameBoy Color. Then there were GameBoy Color only games(transparent cartridges) which would not work on the original. So Whatever happened with those... I suppose do the same again?

17. vmprsqd

Newcomer vmprsqd Newbie

United States
    it would be nice if it was included in the ds games list but there was a logo like the touch generations or wifi logo to, tell you that it requires features that the DSi possesses, not the ds

18. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I'm pretty much in agreement that they should just be part of the regular DS list, since they still work in a regular DS. But at the same time, maintaining a DSi listing for DS games that have special enhancements for the DSi, but still work in a regular DS is also kind of important just for clarity. Then, only create an actual DSi listing for games that won't work on a regular DS at all.

I was thinking DSi enhanced games should be labeled DS+i as opposed to just DSi so as to designate it as a game that works in a regular DS, but is enhanced for DSi. So in total, there would effectively be 3 categories of DS games; DS, DS+i, and the eventual DSi category for games that would NOT run in a regular DS, but DS and DS+i are in a combined list.

So, with that said, put the DSi-enhanced games in the DS listings, but have it where it is easily selectable somehow via "Releases" for peeps who want to quickly determine which games are DSi-enhanced. It would mean that there will have to be some renumbering going on and some finagling in the forum to set it all up for doing releases and stuff, but the sooner we get the structuring in place, the easier it will be to do the renumbering. This way, there won't have to be a new category created until true DSi-only games start to appear. The current category could just have a switch to sort for, DS, DS+i and Both. Worry about an actual DSi listing when DSi-only games appear.

I don't know, makes sense to me, though I have no clue how to implement such a thing. [​IMG]

Leave it to Nintendo to throw a monkey-wrench into the works. [​IMG]

19. DsHacker14

Member DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think they should be separate so it would be easier to find. Also i agree with Cablephish's post.

20. mucus

Member mucus Orc Orc Orc

Antarctica
    I really thank that stuff that offers DSi extras should still be listed with ds, if it's dsi exclusive it should be listed separate.