Should titles that offer DSi enhancements be part of DS or DSi list?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when we get DSi only games (not counting DSiWare) that work on flashcards then we should have a section for those.

As for hybrid, they should have one release discussion topic but show in both sections.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This situation is very similar to that of Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons for GBC/GBA as those too offered "enhanced" functions if used in a newer system. Much like then I think that they should be in a category for the older system as they're not only available on the newer system.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think hybrid games (DS software that has DSi enhancements) should stay a part of the current DS release list (and numbering scheme) but we should implement a new info value for each release for "DSi Enhanced" software with a simple Yes/No answer. All the previous 3900 DS releases will automatically be set to "no" whereas the current and future hybrid titles should say Yes.

Software that is DSi ONLY should have a new numbering/release list.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
^

Sounds good.

But means more work for us who submit the info
tongue.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
I think hybrid games (DS software that has DSi enhancements) should stay a part of the current DS release list (and numbering scheme) but we should implement a new info value for each release for "DSi Enhanced" software with a simple Yes/No answer. All the previous 3900 DS releases will automatically be set to "no" whereas the current and future hybrid titles should say Yes.

Software that is DSi ONLY should have a new numbering/release list.
I was about to type this, I agree wholeheartedly. Is it also too much to request a (somewhat) flashy graphic/button that can be displayed in the scene release info box (maybe next to the box art or something) that says "DSi Enhanced!" or something similar? That way it can catch our eye instead of us simply overlooking it.

Perhaps someone can even go as far as to implement a contact-sensitive box that rolls out when you click on the "DSi Enhanced!" graphic, that can display the enhanced features that title boasts... A little extra work, but it combats 20 comments asking what the enhanced features are...
yay.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think if it is playable on all ds there is no reason in not putting them in the original scene-list. Everything that is playable on dsp and dsl should be in that list (which is not the case at the moment)!

This debate should come, when there is a game, that is only playable on dsi. Till than there is no reason, since there is a logical answer...

Maybe those games should get an indication, that there is a dsi enhancement like "(i)" or something!?

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I would add a "both" option.
For me the games should be added on the DS list and on the special DSi list since they work on both consoles
unsure.gif

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
It's still a DS title. While there are DSi "enhancements", it's not exclusive to only working on a DSi. Hence, it's not really a DSi title. But seeing as how it's still made to play on a DS, it should still be considered a DS title.

At this point, I would say there aren't any DSi titles released. Once the first DSi only game hits, then there can be a DSi release list.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd create a new list. They have a different header afterall (they're not anymore contrassigned by NTR but by something else I don't remember now)
tongue.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
raulpica said:
I'd create a new list. They have a different header afterall (they're not anymore contrassigned by NTR but by something else I don't remember now)
tongue.gif
TWL

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I made them 50-50. Problem solved.

Well, we had gba games separated from DS games and you can play them both on the older DS's. I say you make a separate section for DSi games.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened with GameBoy Color games? Cause there were GameBoy Color games that worked on the original GameBoy(black cartridges), but obviously had color on the GameBoy Color. Then there were GameBoy Color only games(transparent cartridges) which would not work on the original. So Whatever happened with those... I suppose do the same again?

vmprsqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice if it was included in the ds games list but there was a logo like the touch generations or wifi logo to, tell you that it requires features that the DSi possesses, not the ds

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much in agreement that they should just be part of the regular DS list, since they still work in a regular DS. But at the same time, maintaining a DSi listing for DS games that have special enhancements for the DSi, but still work in a regular DS is also kind of important just for clarity. Then, only create an actual DSi listing for games that won't work on a regular DS at all.

I was thinking DSi enhanced games should be labeled DS+i as opposed to just DSi so as to designate it as a game that works in a regular DS, but is enhanced for DSi. So in total, there would effectively be 3 categories of DS games; DS, DS+i, and the eventual DSi category for games that would NOT run in a regular DS, but DS and DS+i are in a combined list.

So, with that said, put the DSi-enhanced games in the DS listings, but have it where it is easily selectable somehow via "Releases" for peeps who want to quickly determine which games are DSi-enhanced. It would mean that there will have to be some renumbering going on and some finagling in the forum to set it all up for doing releases and stuff, but the sooner we get the structuring in place, the easier it will be to do the renumbering. This way, there won't have to be a new category created until true DSi-only games start to appear. The current category could just have a switch to sort for, DS, DS+i and Both. Worry about an actual DSi listing when DSi-only games appear.

I don't know, makes sense to me, though I have no clue how to implement such a thing.
huh.gif

Leave it to Nintendo to throw a monkey-wrench into the works.
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...