Should I Upgrade to firmware 4.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Zerousen, May 27, 2011.

May 27, 2011
  1. Zerousen
    OP

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    Hey all, I've been on 4.2.1 for a while, and kind of wanted to start anew with 4.3, though I'm a little unsure about this decision. Will cydia tweaks stop working when I update? Like how frash doesn't work well on 4.2.1, at least for me. Should I upgrade, yay, or nay?

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Frash doesn't really work that well in general. [​IMG]

Most tweaks should be compatible with iOS 4.3.3 by now. I recommend that you update, since 4.3.3 contains security fixes, eliminates the location tracking problem, and includes the SquirrelFish Extreme Nitro JavaScript engine for Safari (which makes pages load faster).

3. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    I haven't come across any problems with cydia tweaks on my ipad running 4.3.3.

The nitro safari engine thing only works in safari, not apps that use it's api (which is annoying as i use a different browser - i want "open in background tab"!)

I'd say update, no harm in doing so. I like to stay on the most up-to-date firmware (where possible as jailbreak-ability comes first), and as Dialexio said, it includes security fixes etc.

4. Zerousen
    OP

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    Alright, I've updated and everything, Safari images seem to load much faster now, now I just need to redownload my cydia apps, aptbackup didn't do a very good job in doing so, and now my iphone seems to be pretty messed up.

5. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    There are alot of broken themes in 4.3...