Apple Should I Upgrade to firmware 4.3?

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I've been on 4.2.1 for a while, and kind of wanted to start anew with 4.3, though I'm a little unsure about this decision. Will cydia tweaks stop working when I update? Like how frash doesn't work well on 4.2.1, at least for me. Should I upgrade, yay, or nay?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Frash doesn't really work that well in general.
tongue.gif

Most tweaks should be compatible with iOS 4.3.3 by now. I recommend that you update, since 4.3.3 contains security fixes, eliminates the location tracking problem, and includes the SquirrelFish Extreme Nitro JavaScript engine for Safari (which makes pages load faster).

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I haven't come across any problems with cydia tweaks on my ipad running 4.3.3.

The nitro safari engine thing only works in safari, not apps that use it's api (which is annoying as i use a different browser - i want "open in background tab"!)

I'd say update, no harm in doing so. I like to stay on the most up-to-date firmware (where possible as jailbreak-ability comes first), and as Dialexio said, it includes security fixes etc.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've updated and everything, Safari images seem to load much faster now, now I just need to redownload my cydia apps, aptbackup didn't do a very good job in doing so, and now my iphone seems to be pretty messed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn