None of my plug-ins work like they used to.

Phantomesque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been going through the hassle of upgrading my PSP's storage recently, going from two 64 gb micro sd cards to a 256 gb + 64 gb with mixed results. I can only use a little less than 256 gb of the storage, but I'm more or less satisfied regardless. The only thing is that when the dust settled it seems like none of my plug-ins show up like they should be in my menus, and I've been experimenting with a couple things like reinstalling ARK-4 (couldn't even get the app to show up in my games), editing .TXT files in all sorts of combinations, and fiddling with the settings, but I'm nervous of accidentally bricking the system by messing with too much of said settings through recovery menu since I don't really know what I'm doing, and for some reason I don't have the option to have it reset back to default regardless.

I'm kind of curious though, should I edit the .TXT files with the PSP plugged into the system? So far I've just been moving it back and forth from my PC's sd reader to the console. I'm not sure if I'm doing things wrong, or if I should attempt to delete all the CFW that exists and start over from scratch.
Post automatically merged:

Update: Honestly I'm not even sure I can roll back the update on the PSP tbh, I can't seem to access Chronoswitch either.

Last edited by Phantomesque,

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its 2TB with CFW but the adapter they are using can limit this if the controller on the adapter sucks.

oh and for OP, its fine to edit the text files outside the PSP, all it does is point to where the plugins are so you could put whatever you want there assuming its the location of a plugin for that mode on the PSP.
Whats likely happening is the adapter cant read both of your SD cards since its limited to 256 total.

They way those dual SD adapters work is merging both sources and presenting it to the PSP as a single card but if it can't read the second card or the full amount the txt files might just not be visible to the PSP.

Last edited by fate6,

Phantomesque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats likely happening is the adapter cant read both of your SD cards since its limited to 256 total.

They way those dual SD adapters work is merging both sources and presenting it to the PSP as a single card but if it can't read the second card or the full amount the txt files might just not be visible to the PSP.
Mm, that makes me wonder if I could get away with just doing the 256 gb by itself then, with it being in the first slot and nothing else in the other. If not, then I could try going for a solo microSD adapter like what I've seen in this guide or get one that is better at dealing with this sort of thing: https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48418&p=419656#p419643

Phantomesque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Instead of moving the micro SD card back and forth between your PC and PSP, try editing the .TXT files directly on the PSP using a text editor. But make sure that the modifications you make are correct and consistent with the plug-in requirements.

Thanks
Will do
Post automatically merged:

By the way does anyone know what the default settings for Recover menu? If anyone has a video that shows it that would be helpful.

Last edited by Phantomesque,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?