Hacking Should I go online? 4.5 firmware

Reprobate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just ordered the Black 3DS XL from amazon yesterday and cant believe I got 4.5.0-10E firmware arrived today! I can get the Gateway!
I have disabled automatic downloads in spotpass, but should I avoid going online alltogether, what will happen will it start warning me I need to update every time I switch it on or something?
If I did go online could I still buy things and use the software without updating?
New to this so thanks for any info!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Just ordered the Black 3DS XL from amazon yesterday and cant believe I got 4.5.0-10E firmware arrived today! I can get the Gateway!
I have disabled automatic downloads in spotpass, but should I avoid going online alltogether, what will happen will it start warning me I need to update every time I switch it on or something?
If I did go online could I still buy things and use the software without updating?
New to this so thanks for any info!
Go to the eshop if you want firm 6.3. Go online if you want to be a button press away from 6.3.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go online all you want on 4.5. You will not be able to use the eShop, however. You will also get update nag screens about every day or so, but you can just say no to those.

Reprobate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ha ok so there is nothing online for me then anyway I can see, I will leave it if I cant buy anything there is no point ever connecting it, thanks for the info :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(